Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 9/8/2017 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Any organic apple cider vinegar will work. I love using this as a hair rinse: I mix with half water and half acv, my hair is soft and shiny after each use. The funky smell will go away, don't worry. Be careful not to get it into your eyes and/or open wounds, it will sting! I wish the price were cheaper, even the store brand acv is expensive. I just use it once a week, especially if I am going to a special event.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Definitely wanted to love all the hype about this natural remedy for the skin but it did not work for me. Even when diluted the apple cider vinegar caused me to breakout (and yes, it was the organic unfiltered kind). I do love to take ACV for my overall health and I will continue to do so but I will be abandoning the idea of using it as a facial product.

on 8/6/2017 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use other brand. I dilute it with cooled boiled water (around third apple vinegar) and apply generously on a cotton pad. It is MIRACULOUS. Brightens the skin. Clears up and tigths the pores. Everyone have to try this. Î've been doing this for 2 years now at night and sometimes morning (wash my face with only water and this and argan oil and finish by moisturizer). At first I can feels it irritates so you dilute a bit more to find the balance for your skin.

on 8/13/2017 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Used it was okay. Worked for my sun rash on my chest. Was soooooo itchy then this healed it over night. Hells itch I think? Face toner? Meh. Does give you a glow though I will admit smells weird and drinking it made me GAG but it's natural and it probably won't harm your body too much compared to other face toners and health drinks

on 8/13/2017 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I learned this trick from a guy in the navy. If you ever get a sunburn soak a couple washcloths straight in this stuff and apply like a compress to all burned areas for 15-30 minutes the evening that you burn. Magic! This stuff stinks to high heaven but in the morning everywhere that you burned will be a beautiful golden brown and no peeling. Please do NOT use this as a way to get a good tan. The sun is extremely damaging to the skin and can cause a litany of problems including CANCER. Please do everything you can to protect your skin and make younger generations aware of the harmfulness of our suns rays. Most people's damage to the skin happens between the ages of 1-5.

on 8/21/2017 7:19:00 PM

This product is not too cheap here but there's always stock at home. I've used this in drinks, to rinse of vegetables and this review is going to be on using it as a hair conditioner. First "shampoo" with bicarbonate soda (review over there) then dilute about 1 part to 3 part water.

My hair is long & dry so the ratio can be adjusted to suit your hair length and condition.

After rinsing off the bicarbonate soda, I pour a little of this over the scalp. I take all the hair and immerse it in the cup (I use a large plastic one in the shower) for a few minutes. Since the mix is basically liquid and runny, simply pouring it over the hair seems a waste as it runs off instantly so I do this instead.

Then massage it into hair as you would a normal conditioner. After than I clip my hair in a bun and pour the rest of the mix directly into the bun.

Compete my body shower and rinse off the cider. So far I've been doing this for 6 months and friends have commented my hair is less dry, tangled and looks blacked and shinier.

There's a last product.argan oil. Heading over there now for my final review on that.

on 5/30/2017 11:03:00 AM

After reading the miracles of ACV, I decided to try it Bragg's on my large brown spots. This runs in my family, and has gotten to the point where my best friends asked me if I was "OK". (Thanks a lot LOU!) Lasers didn't work, and nothing else worked. My mom is super tan since she swims every day in Florida, and it makes the spots less noticeable, so I tried self tanner (Bannana Boat Deep Dark - the best/cheapest stuff there is). But darned it! The spots get DARKER with self tanner -- something about the spots being rougher in texture so they grab more tanner. BOOOO! So I've been using full strength ACV on about 20 different large brown spots about 4 -5 times per day. Yes, it's stinky, but surprisingly, the stink fades as soon as it's dry. About 4 days in, I noticed the large spot on my arm that has been resistant to everything is starting to fade out from the middle - and the two large spots on my face that were new this year are about 50% lighter! I took a 3 day break and started again, this time adding red onion to the ACV which I saw on youtube from a dermatologist. I'll repost in a few days for an update.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great as a hair rinse, mixed with honey or in switchel to drink, diluted with witch hazel or rosewater as a spritz/toner

on 5/19/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I normally use acv on my salad's dressing or put some in my food prep to add flavor. I had never knew people actly use acv on face to cure acne until I read an article. My face breakout seriously in this month (don't know why) and I was so upset to see those red bumpy dots especially at my lower left chin area. Moreover, my face turns dry and much oilier than usual.

Post the article, I did a lot of findings & reading people's review on using acv as facial toner. Most of the reviews are with +ve rate & hence, I took the courage to try it on my face. It's been 2 weeks since my 1st use and I think I'm ready to share my experience here.

The ratio of my acv toner is 2:1, i.e.: 2 for water & 1 for acv. The ratio is vary depends on the acceptance of the acidic concentration of each individual. I use filtered water instead of tap water because tap water contains chlorine which I believe the mixture from chlorine and acv isn't safe to skin. My 1st application was at night before bedtime and I got to see the result on the next morning! My face's acne shrink and they appeared less reddish! I was so surprised to see the result and I decided to replace my normal face toner with this so call acv toner.

My skin care routine at home include cleanse, exfoliate (twice a week), toner, serum, mask (twice a week), moisturizer & eye cream, benzac ac 5. Although since after using acv my acne cure faster than any other method I ever tried, but, I started to realize my face was getting drier and tighter on the 3rd or 4th day. Then, I decided to do a small adjustment on my skin care routine -- apply sheet mask every night after serum and followed by the last 2 steps. With is small adjustment, my face is getting better, less oily, smoother & supple now although scars are still there on my face. Anyhow, I'm happy to see the improvement of my face from day to day.

Despite how it cures my acne, below are my comments about this home remedy in other aspects:

1. Smell?: The sour smell from the acv itself will stay on the face for awhile but it's OK, I don't really bother about the smell. LOLx. (PS: It stings so do avoid eye area.)

2. Pores getting smaller?: Yes, can see my pores getting smaller along my acne recovering period.

3. Does it helps on black and whiteheads?: Yes. I find the extraction/removal especially on my nose is much easier now. I don't need to squeeze that much like past. Moreover, I can remove them using tweezer!

4. Does it even out my skin tone?: Yes. but isn't that significant to me since my skin tone is OK.

5. Does it helps fade away scars?: Whichever related to scar takes time. So, I still monitoring the scars on my face.

I swear I will never buy any toner for now. Just stick to this home remedy will do. Save $$ and save my skin.

*Happy reading*

on 5/20/2017 10:45:00 AM

For such a cheap household product, Bragg's ACV is great stuff. It is so versatile in personal care, and of course it has the mother of vinegar right in the bottle, meaning (among other things) that the vinegar is unrefined and still contains the beneficial bacteria. I use diluted Bragg's as a facial toner, and the acetic acid benefits my occasional acne. I've used it as a hair rinse/conditioner when I wanted a slight lightening of my brown hair. I've also used the stuff for some natural cleaning/deodorizing here and there. So easy and useful to have around!