Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

4.2

Apple Cider Vinegar

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have acne scars that im trying to get rid of,so i decided to give this a try.I got a spray bottle and mixed half and half of water and apple cider vinegar.Here’s the thing,I do see difference that the scars now are not as visible as they used to be.But i do get occasional whiteheads,that could be due to other reasons,but definitely don’t expect acne to stop forming all of sudden.However,one cant expect scars to diminish,it takes a lot more than just apple cider vinegar,and most importantly TIME. ACV can be drying to your skin so i would suggest using a moisturizer after applying it.BTW i only apply this in the night.

on 1/8/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay, I'm one to try products out for at least 3 months before accepting it into my daily facial routine or not. I used pure apple cider vinegar as a spot treatment as I was breaking out because of midterms. First off, I used to have really bad acne- my dad called me pizza face because it was always red and the kits huge like pepperoni, now not so much.

I used it- not mixing it, not adding any other sort of thing like water, just a Q-tip and the pimple itself. Believe it or not it did way more damaged, probably because of it high content. It literally caused gigantic cyst all over my face to the point where my mom and other family members over the Christmas break were asking me what was wrong and why my acne looked like it did in high school (side note: those days were not pretty).

If I were to do it again I would dilute it as it seems to be helping out others.

At least give it a shot like I did.

on 1/2/2017 10:51:00 AM

Face: I mix 1-3 Tbsp per 8 oz water for a toner. This does the same job as my $18 bottle of Mario Badescu toner but for pennies a bottle! I use this after my homemade oil cleanser (with emulsifier - see my notebook) and it helps remove any residue. I have worked up to using 3 Tbsp per 8 oz.. I started using 1 Tbsp and noticed a difference. You don't think it is very acidic with such a tiny amount but if you accidentally inhale it (as I once did when my face was too wet under the nose) you will note the acidity. If you start using too strong a formula your skin will likely react (mine reacted with a rash and redness). This removes trace residue from my cleanser and helps flatten those tiny under the skin bumps that I had since before switching to an oil cleanser. Sometimes I add 2-3 aspirin which makes my face super soft. I am looking around for something different instead of the aspirin because it does leave chunks in the toner which I don't care for.

Athletes foot: 1/3 spray bottle of ACV mixed with water. Spray feet morning and night. Dry feet off and your good to go. This resolved my athletes foot that I had in-between my toes from wearing synthetic leather boots and it softened dry areas on my feet that even vaseline couldn't take care of.

Cleaner: I mix 1/2 cup in a gallon of water and clean my laminate and tile floors. It works great to clean laminate countertops (no more worries of chemicals touching my food prep area). It also removes urine and urine smell from bathrooms when used as 1/3 dilution with water (don't you hate that fresh bleach + urine smell left from other cleansers that don't do anything for urine). I have used it on plastic items saturated with cigarette smoke (I go thrifting often) in same formula as bathroom cleaning to remove the smoke smell. Unfortunately, it only reduces cat spray smell (the only thing it did not "work" on).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Big mistake.....oooh the worst! Caused an almost immediate outbreak of red, irritated skin and clogged pores. Raised bumpy skin, like cobblestone pavement on my chin and forehead and around the nose. Felt itchy, burning....And this was only with the apple cider vinegar capsules, which were touted as having huge benefits!

Run away from this as fast as you can if you have sensitive skin, or rosacea!

Vinegar can make rosacea worse, and this is one experiment I will never do again. And I won't use vinegar as a toner either for the same reason.

on 10/18/2016 11:06:00 AM

I use it as a toner (equal parts with water) and it is excellent for my sensitive, dehydrated, acne-prone skin. It sorted out my face's pimples and irritation in less than a week. i hope it will do something for the shiny T-zone too! It's great stuff.

on 10/11/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

The person mixing it in 'equal parts' with water is doing it wrong! That's WAY too much vinegar.
I mix 1 part ACV to 4 parts water into a little metal spray bottle and use it as a toner. I wait a few seconds and then gently rinse to remove the smell. I follow a 10-step Korean skincare routine and do this after cleansing and before applying an essence. I've struggled with hormonal acne for over a decade - which even three rounds of Roaccutane plus courses of Retin-A and benozyl peroxide did not cure - and this, out of everything I've ever tried, has made the biggest difference for my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used this for about two weeks and got terrible bumps all over my forehead and jawline, they are tiny and become bigger over the days and are leaving terrible hyperpigmentation. It's crazy because I have literally never broken out on my forehead so I know for a fact it's this. I mix it with water in equal parts. Good when you use it with Aztec Indian clay mask once a week though.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Magical Elixir. Is. All. I. Can. Say. This is the only product that has cleared my acne in the 8 years of experimentation... Proactive, acne.org, endless pharmacy brands... Even got a prescription of accutane but didn't end up taking it bc wanted to find something natural... Anyways so happy a very healthy person told me about this and decided to give it a go. Everyone usually says stay consistent and yes that is true but ACV is the quickest thing I've ever seen work. I started off drinking it (1 cup water, 1/2 shot of ACV) after my last meal of the day has been digested.. Then I chug it down with a straw. I try not to go to bed unless I feel the mixture has been digested to prevent any acidic tummy discomfort (as long as the mixture isn't that strong u will be okay). Then I wake up and first thing I do is hot lemon water with a little honey for taste). Just that alone I saw a difference after a few days. I started doing ACV on a cotton pad with a couple drops of water for my night time toner and Jesus louisus.... My acne is literally gone. If I miss either or I don't see a difference unless i miss both for more than a couple days, then a pimple or two will pop up. This also helps with digestion if anyone has issues with that, and that I believe plays a huge part of acne.

on 9/14/2016 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as a toner by mixing Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar with Witch Hazel.

I started getting really inflamed huge red zits all over my cheeks and some smaller acne around my face. I never break out that bad unless a product has broken me out and it has only happened to me twice in my life. I did my research and found out about ACV. My breakouts were calming down after I used the product that was breaking me out. I was afraid that I would have a purging stage, but at that time, I just really didn't care anymore and just went with 1:1 ACV and water. As expected I had a purging state for two weeks. I was sure it was purging because I have specific kinds of acne that grow if it is induced by a product. I know, weird as heck. Anyways, after 2 weeks, I noticed that my face was finally calming down and the purging has finally finished. At this time, I bought witch hazel to mix with the ACV. I mixed 2:1 ACV to witch hazel, also because I wanted the acne to peel faster. But I will decrease the amount to 1:1 after my acne scars have gone away.

Now, after almost a month of using the toner, I have realized some things. The surface of the really horrible acne that grew while I was using this toner turns almost scab-like and I find that I can peel them off which reveals a lighter skin underneath, kind of like a wound, although I think it would be best to wait until it peels off by itself but I'm just really impatient. The acne scar is still there but I like the fact that it means that the acne scar will be gone a lot faster. I always use a moisturizer after this toner because it can be drying.

Also, vinegar is good for burns. I got burned by boiling hot oil and my friend said to let the vinegar absorb onto the burns. After a few weeks, I could already peel the scab away.

I don't place the toner anywhere close to my eyes though since that is a delicate area. Also, I find that my eyes would burn if it is too close. I just close my eyes for a while, no biggie.

The price is super duper cheap especially with such a huge bottle. I will definitely repurchase and update after a month or two.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Foreword: I did not use the braggs apple cider vinegar which is a raw (unpasteurised) product which retains more nutrients and beneficial compounds, i used an organic but pasteurised apple cider vinegar which may be the reason for the lack of success

I used apple cider vinegar religiously at one time despite not seeing any results, i then used it on and off for a year with no improvements. It didnt break me out or make my skin worse but it definitely didn't benefit it, i then found a better toner (rose, aloe and witch hazel) and i realised that the apple cider vinegar was a waste of time for me. I know many people love it but honestly i dont understand the glowing reviews about it. Personally my skin benefits more from other ingredients but im glad i tried apple cider vinegar or else i wouldnt ever know if it was any good. Its worth trying it because from what others are saying it could be amazing for your skin you just have to try it and see how it goes, I think its uncommon for anyone to breakout from this so theres no disadvantage to trying it in my opinion.