Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

4.2

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 4/25/2017 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had congested skin..open pores..pitted scars..dry skin..pretty much everything that makes you not want to look in the mirror! I bought a bottle of ACV a few years back after reading good things about it,i used it for a few weeks then for some reason gave up on it,possibly because of the smell,as it is very strong.Anyway,lately my skin has been looking & feeling terrible,blotchy & rough,makeup was looking dry & cakey,i was getting fed up..then i happened to come across ACV again & decided to try it out,telling myself the pros of this stuff outweighs the cons,which for me is the smell.I have made a toner,i mixed equal parts ACV & water but this time i added some MSM powder (also amazing for the skin,check it out!) maybe 2 tblsp.I apply every morning & night with a cotton pad & i leave it on.It does sting a little but goes away once it dries,hasnt been an issue for me.After the first few days my skin felt so soft & smooth,my makeup goes on much better,skin doesnt feel as congested.. feels tighter & my pores are not as visible..it definately does a great job at exfoliation.So far i am very happy..for me the combo of ACV & MSM is amazing but patience is key,dont give up on this stuff,im still annoyed at myself for doing so,my skin might not have got so bad if i had carried on using it all them years ago!!! Im going to stick with it now so hopefully long term use will maybe help make my pitted scars look softer,as i have read that ACV contains an acid,so its like getting a chemical peel only way cheaper & safer in my opinion! :)

on 4/18/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for about 2-3 weeks and I'm pleased with it! It's been really good at fading the hyperpigmentation on the apples of my cheeks. My ratio is 1 par acv to two parts water, and it doesn't sting me. It's good! Try it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used Bragg's ACV in two different ways, as a toner and as a soak after I had a laser resurfacing treatment. I will review each way separately.

1. As a toner - I mixed 1 teaspoon of ACV with 2 teaspoons of water, soaked a cotton ball, then applied to my face. I did not care for this as a toner. I don't feel like it helped my skin at all. Plus it was somewhat drying. I do not recommend it. My acne is primarily hormonal so it did not help much with that either. Also, my husband didn't care for the smell. Lol.

2. As a soak after laser treatment - I loved using ACV after I had my laser resurfacing treatment. I used a 1/2 cup of ACV and 2 cups of water. I put it in a large mixing bowl and kept it in the fridge until I was ready to soak my face. I would soak a washcloth in the mixture and lay it over my face. Once the washcloth warmed up I would dip it in the mixture and soak my face again. I repeated the process several times a day until all my skin had peeled off. It felt very soothing on my face and I think it helped my skin peel faster. This is why I give the product 4 stars. I will use it again after my next laser treatment.

on 2/14/2017 3:21:00 PM

1. How I use it - I put water on a cotton pad, then a little bit of ACV. I used it alone on a cotton pad for a couple of days and it stings, but this system works really well!

2. Acne - I tried to use this back when I had bad acne (10-15 zits a month) and it did basically nothing to help. However, my acne was completely hormonal, so once I fixed that, I now only have 1 zit a month and some blackheads, and I really like ACV!! It helps fade scars a little and makes my zits go away faster.

3. Smell - It is so bad. I only use this at night, but it smells so strong that sometimes my husband comments on it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-excellent detox drink
-cleared my skin if used as a drink
-made me more energetic
-made me less groggy in the morning (i used this as a replacement to my coffee)

Cons:
- if used as a toner (1:1), it is not suitable for people with sensitive skin.. or else it will cause you lots of clogged pores.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have acne scars that im trying to get rid of,so i decided to give this a try.I got a spray bottle and mixed half and half of water and apple cider vinegar.Here’s the thing,I do see difference that the scars now are not as visible as they used to be.But i do get occasional whiteheads,that could be due to other reasons,but definitely don’t expect acne to stop forming all of sudden.However,one cant expect scars to diminish,it takes a lot more than just apple cider vinegar,and most importantly TIME. ACV can be drying to your skin so i would suggest using a moisturizer after applying it.BTW i only apply this in the night.

on 1/8/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay, I'm one to try products out for at least 3 months before accepting it into my daily facial routine or not. I used pure apple cider vinegar as a spot treatment as I was breaking out because of midterms. First off, I used to have really bad acne- my dad called me pizza face because it was always red and the kits huge like pepperoni, now not so much.

I used it- not mixing it, not adding any other sort of thing like water, just a Q-tip and the pimple itself. Believe it or not it did way more damaged, probably because of it high content. It literally caused gigantic cyst all over my face to the point where my mom and other family members over the Christmas break were asking me what was wrong and why my acne looked like it did in high school (side note: those days were not pretty).

If I were to do it again I would dilute it as it seems to be helping out others.

At least give it a shot like I did.

on 1/2/2017 10:51:00 AM

Face: I mix 1-3 Tbsp per 8 oz water for a toner. This does the same job as my $18 bottle of Mario Badescu toner but for pennies a bottle! I use this after my homemade oil cleanser (with emulsifier - see my notebook) and it helps remove any residue. I have worked up to using 3 Tbsp per 8 oz.. I started using 1 Tbsp and noticed a difference. You don't think it is very acidic with such a tiny amount but if you accidentally inhale it (as I once did when my face was too wet under the nose) you will note the acidity. If you start using too strong a formula your skin will likely react (mine reacted with a rash and redness). This removes trace residue from my cleanser and helps flatten those tiny under the skin bumps that I had since before switching to an oil cleanser. Sometimes I add 2-3 aspirin which makes my face super soft. I am looking around for something different instead of the aspirin because it does leave chunks in the toner which I don't care for.

Athletes foot: 1/3 spray bottle of ACV mixed with water. Spray feet morning and night. Dry feet off and your good to go. This resolved my athletes foot that I had in-between my toes from wearing synthetic leather boots and it softened dry areas on my feet that even vaseline couldn't take care of.

Cleaner: I mix 1/2 cup in a gallon of water and clean my laminate and tile floors. It works great to clean laminate countertops (no more worries of chemicals touching my food prep area). It also removes urine and urine smell from bathrooms when used as 1/3 dilution with water (don't you hate that fresh bleach + urine smell left from other cleansers that don't do anything for urine). I have used it on plastic items saturated with cigarette smoke (I go thrifting often) in same formula as bathroom cleaning to remove the smoke smell. Unfortunately, it only reduces cat spray smell (the only thing it did not "work" on).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

Big mistake.....oooh the worst! Caused an almost immediate outbreak of red, irritated skin and clogged pores. Raised bumpy skin, like cobblestone pavement on my chin and forehead and around the nose. Felt itchy, burning....And this was only with the apple cider vinegar capsules, which were touted as having huge benefits!

Run away from this as fast as you can if you have sensitive skin, or rosacea!

Vinegar can make rosacea worse, and this is one experiment I will never do again. And I won't use vinegar as a toner either for the same reason.

on 10/18/2016 11:06:00 AM

I use it as a toner (equal parts with water) and it is excellent for my sensitive, dehydrated, acne-prone skin. It sorted out my face's pimples and irritation in less than a week. i hope it will do something for the shiny T-zone too! It's great stuff.