Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

4.2

Apple Cider Vinegar

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great as a hair rinse, mixed with honey or in switchel to drink, diluted with witch hazel or rosewater as a spritz/toner

on 5/30/2017 11:03:00 AM

After reading the miracles of ACV, I decided to try it Bragg's on my large brown spots. This runs in my family, and has gotten to the point where my best friends asked me if I was "OK". (Thanks a lot LOU!) Lasers didn't work, and nothing else worked. My mom is super tan since she swims every day in Florida, and it makes the spots less noticeable, so I tried self tanner (Bannana Boat Deep Dark - the best/cheapest stuff there is). But darned it! The spots get DARKER with self tanner -- something about the spots being rougher in texture so they grab more tanner. BOOOO! So I've been using full strength ACV on about 20 different large brown spots about 4 -5 times per day. Yes, it's stinky, but surprisingly, the stink fades as soon as it's dry. About 4 days in, I noticed the large spot on my arm that has been resistant to everything is starting to fade out from the middle - and the two large spots on my face that were new this year are about 50% lighter! I took a 3 day break and started again, this time adding red onion to the ACV which I saw on youtube from a dermatologist. I'll repost in a few days for an update.

on 5/20/2017 10:45:00 AM

For such a cheap household product, Bragg's ACV is great stuff. It is so versatile in personal care, and of course it has the mother of vinegar right in the bottle, meaning (among other things) that the vinegar is unrefined and still contains the beneficial bacteria. I use diluted Bragg's as a facial toner, and the acetic acid benefits my occasional acne. I've used it as a hair rinse/conditioner when I wanted a slight lightening of my brown hair. I've also used the stuff for some natural cleaning/deodorizing here and there. So easy and useful to have around!

on 5/19/2017 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I normally use acv on my salad's dressing or put some in my food prep to add flavor. I had never knew people actly use acv on face to cure acne until I read an article. My face breakout seriously in this month (don't know why) and I was so upset to see those red bumpy dots especially at my lower left chin area. Moreover, my face turns dry and much oilier than usual.

Post the article, I did a lot of findings & reading people's review on using acv as facial toner. Most of the reviews are with +ve rate & hence, I took the courage to try it on my face. It's been 2 weeks since my 1st use and I think I'm ready to share my experience here.

The ratio of my acv toner is 2:1, i.e.: 2 for water & 1 for acv. The ratio is vary depends on the acceptance of the acidic concentration of each individual. I use filtered water instead of tap water because tap water contains chlorine which I believe the mixture from chlorine and acv isn't safe to skin. My 1st application was at night before bedtime and I got to see the result on the next morning! My face's acne shrink and they appeared less reddish! I was so surprised to see the result and I decided to replace my normal face toner with this so call acv toner.

My skin care routine at home include cleanse, exfoliate (twice a week), toner, serum, mask (twice a week), moisturizer & eye cream, benzac ac 5. Although since after using acv my acne cure faster than any other method I ever tried, but, I started to realize my face was getting drier and tighter on the 3rd or 4th day. Then, I decided to do a small adjustment on my skin care routine -- apply sheet mask every night after serum and followed by the last 2 steps. With is small adjustment, my face is getting better, less oily, smoother & supple now although scars are still there on my face. Anyhow, I'm happy to see the improvement of my face from day to day.

Despite how it cures my acne, below are my comments about this home remedy in other aspects:

1. Smell?: The sour smell from the acv itself will stay on the face for awhile but it's OK, I don't really bother about the smell. LOLx. (PS: It stings so do avoid eye area.)

2. Pores getting smaller?: Yes, can see my pores getting smaller along my acne recovering period.

3. Does it helps on black and whiteheads?: Yes. I find the extraction/removal especially on my nose is much easier now. I don't need to squeeze that much like past. Moreover, I can remove them using tweezer!

4. Does it even out my skin tone?: Yes. but isn't that significant to me since my skin tone is OK.

5. Does it helps fade away scars?: Whichever related to scar takes time. So, I still monitoring the scars on my face.

I swear I will never buy any toner for now. Just stick to this home remedy will do. Save $$ and save my skin.

*Happy reading*

on 4/25/2017 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had congested skin..open pores..pitted scars..dry skin..pretty much everything that makes you not want to look in the mirror! I bought a bottle of ACV a few years back after reading good things about it,i used it for a few weeks then for some reason gave up on it,possibly because of the smell,as it is very strong.Anyway,lately my skin has been looking & feeling terrible,blotchy & rough,makeup was looking dry & cakey,i was getting fed up..then i happened to come across ACV again & decided to try it out,telling myself the pros of this stuff outweighs the cons,which for me is the smell.I have made a toner,i mixed equal parts ACV & water but this time i added some MSM powder (also amazing for the skin,check it out!) maybe 2 tblsp.I apply every morning & night with a cotton pad & i leave it on.It does sting a little but goes away once it dries,hasnt been an issue for me.After the first few days my skin felt so soft & smooth,my makeup goes on much better,skin doesnt feel as congested.. feels tighter & my pores are not as visible..it definately does a great job at exfoliation.So far i am very happy..for me the combo of ACV & MSM is amazing but patience is key,dont give up on this stuff,im still annoyed at myself for doing so,my skin might not have got so bad if i had carried on using it all them years ago!!! Im going to stick with it now so hopefully long term use will maybe help make my pitted scars look softer,as i have read that ACV contains an acid,so its like getting a chemical peel only way cheaper & safer in my opinion! :)

on 4/18/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this for about 2-3 weeks and I'm pleased with it! It's been really good at fading the hyperpigmentation on the apples of my cheeks. My ratio is 1 par acv to two parts water, and it doesn't sting me. It's good! Try it!

EDIT: I've stopped using it because I developed irritation bumps across my right cheek. Use with caution. But otherwise, it really did help and I wish I hadn't broken out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used Bragg's ACV in two different ways, as a toner and as a soak after I had a laser resurfacing treatment. I will review each way separately.

1. As a toner - I mixed 1 teaspoon of ACV with 2 teaspoons of water, soaked a cotton ball, then applied to my face. I did not care for this as a toner. I don't feel like it helped my skin at all. Plus it was somewhat drying. I do not recommend it. My acne is primarily hormonal so it did not help much with that either. Also, my husband didn't care for the smell. Lol.

2. As a soak after laser treatment - I loved using ACV after I had my laser resurfacing treatment. I used a 1/2 cup of ACV and 2 cups of water. I put it in a large mixing bowl and kept it in the fridge until I was ready to soak my face. I would soak a washcloth in the mixture and lay it over my face. Once the washcloth warmed up I would dip it in the mixture and soak my face again. I repeated the process several times a day until all my skin had peeled off. It felt very soothing on my face and I think it helped my skin peel faster. This is why I give the product 4 stars. I will use it again after my next laser treatment.

on 2/14/2017 3:21:00 PM

1. How I use it - I put water on a cotton pad, then a little bit of ACV. I used it alone on a cotton pad for a couple of days and it stings, but this system works really well!

2. Acne - I tried to use this back when I had bad acne (10-15 zits a month) and it did basically nothing to help. However, my acne was completely hormonal, so once I fixed that, I now only have 1 zit a month and some blackheads, and I really like ACV!! It helps fade scars a little and makes my zits go away faster.

3. Smell - It is so bad. I only use this at night, but it smells so strong that sometimes my husband comments on it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-excellent detox drink
-cleared my skin if used as a drink
-made me more energetic
-made me less groggy in the morning (i used this as a replacement to my coffee)

Cons:
- if used as a toner (1:1), it is not suitable for people with sensitive skin.. or else it will cause you lots of clogged pores.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have acne scars that im trying to get rid of,so i decided to give this a try.I got a spray bottle and mixed half and half of water and apple cider vinegar.Here’s the thing,I do see difference that the scars now are not as visible as they used to be.But i do get occasional whiteheads,that could be due to other reasons,but definitely don’t expect acne to stop forming all of sudden.However,one cant expect scars to diminish,it takes a lot more than just apple cider vinegar,and most importantly TIME. ACV can be drying to your skin so i would suggest using a moisturizer after applying it.BTW i only apply this in the night.