The Body Shop Loose Face Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Loose Face Powder

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought Loose Face Powder from The Body Shop on sale for $5 from $16.50 in the shade 05, the darkest one. It's supposed to be applied over foundation to help reduce shin & set makeup. I like to wear it alone though since it is about to be summer & I don't like wearing foundation during those months; I have oily skin & it looks gross when it is combined with sweat. I was really sceptical about this product for my skin type for the reason that its ingredients contain have oils & I'm not interested in a breakout.

I tried this on in the store & it was the last dark shade available. I don't want to say that I had to settle, but I was not enthusiastic about buying it because I felt it would be too dark for me. There isn't any good shade selection in this powder & I thought I'd regret it if I didn't buy this despite my doubts. At $5, I knew if I didn't buy it that day, it would have been gone the next. Can I tell you—I was surprised! This powder has nice coverage, & keeps my face shine-free & matte. It balances out my skin tone better than I thought it would. I like this not only because it improves my skin tons, but it improves the appearance of my complexion is a subtle way.

My complaints: The shades don't have names or shade indicators. The colors or shades are 01, 02, 03, etc.; I have 05, but what does that mean? I can physically see it's a bronze or brown color with shimmer but, & I'd feel better if the shade referred to actual skin tone names like light/fair, medium/tan, dark/deep or had actual names to refer to. That & the non-sale price are what pull me back from me giving the powder five lipsticks. It's worth it if it is on sale, but I would never in my life pay $17 for this. On the other hand, The Body Shop didn't stint out on its amount of the actual product I get. That's why it's such a good buy… on sale. I bought this on a whim figuring it could hurt to try & I'm glad I did! I recommend this product.

on 7/26/2010 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this powder, i dust it over my liquid foundation in the morning to control shine and by the time i come home my make up is still shine free. I love it, i defently would recommed to everyone.