The Body Shop Loose Face Powder

The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Loose Face Powder

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The shade I use is 03 - not sure how dark it is in the original shade range, but I think it would suit most Asians with light-medium skin tone & warm/neutral undertone.
Originally I bought this to test if it's gonna stand HD Photography - and somehow it succeeds. It may not give a smooth look like MUFE HD setting powder, though, but the coverage on camera is okay. It's also useful for daily touch-up.
The powder texture is light, and it looks rather pinkish when I first tried. However, once applied, it blends well with your skin tone, so you don't need to worry. It helps reduce shine in my T-zone during sweatiest days, but it would wear off as soon as you start sweating again, so you'll need to apply this powder frequently.
Definitely not my favorite, but it's quite handy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great loose powder, even better when purchased at half price!

on 11/13/2013 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

The powder itself is ok. I have 2 problems with it though, one it's shimmery and two the packaging isn't ideal! It's one of those packaging's that can spill out when you open it. But I bought this powder during the summetime when I was a bit darker and now that it's winter, I only use it as bronzer and it works okay but I wouldn't recommend anybody to buy this. There are better products out there and cheaper ones, this is expensive!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The fact that this product has never broken me out intrigues me. I have never read the ingredients list because I assumed that since it was from the body shop it was "all natural". I was wrong, but I have to laugh at myself because if I had known the list of ingredients I would have told the sales woman "no way". For anyone who is curious here is the list of ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides
I am appalled, but to be honest, while their Extra Virgin Olive Oil MMU made me break out, this one has never broken me out. I am in a state of shock but I love this MMU so I am undecided as to if I want to rebuy it or not. It's not the heaviest coverage but it's a nice base for my main foundation. Very surprised, I really thought their products were supposed to be natural, not sure what to think, but I love this MMU.

I am not a big fan of foundations, I only conceal my dark circles and put loose face powder on my face to cover especially my t-zone coz this is where my face gets oily most. This powder doesnt last more than an hour or two, then my face starts to shine and gets oily. It has a medium coverage which feels light on your skin.
Overall I would buy this product again IF it would keep my face from getting oily, coz I like the medium coverage and the lightweight of it. I also like the packing, since I am quite clumsy and the powder fell down a couple of times but it didnt break. Also the lid can be used as mirror.
But since it doenst stop my face from getting oily and the Body Shop products are quite pricey, I will not repurchase this powder coz for that price, the product didnt convince me and I believe I can find a powder which works better for me for a cheaper price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I can take it back.

Seriously is this 100% talc?