The Body Shop Loose Face Powder

The Body Shop Loose Face Powder
Loose Face Powder

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.

on 2/9/2018 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have been searching for a face powder that does not cost an arm an a leg, has spf, and that I do t have to deal with matching to my foundation. Enter Body Shop loose powder. Setting powder needs to come in loose form. Don’t let anyone tell you different. Tbis is a fantastic translucent powder in only two colors. I buy the lighter one. I set my face in the morning and it just looks like a soft filter was out on my face. I set it and forget it for the rest of the day. If I do have some shine breakthroughs I just bad with s blotting tissue and no harm done. This product is no longer available in stores! You have to order it. : ( its worth it and still way cheaper than the comparable competitors!!!

on 6/17/2014 3:28:00 AM

I've been using this product since I was in early high school and now I almost get my bachelor degree. I always use shade 02. Bought this from time to time and the last time I bought it costs around US$25. I actually always feel guilty to my mom for demanding this product regularly due to its price but I secretly sure she understand that I already can't move on from this loose powder. When I was 15 my mom's beauty advicer told me that I shouldn't use a compact powder because of my skin type, and because I was so young, she recommended TBS as the product I should try because she considered it as the safest one.

This product is a daily need for me now. I can't go outside without this. I don't mind it's shimmering but one thing I still being uncomfortable for years is that sometimes it can spill when you open it, especially when it's new. I always need to work with my sticky tape about that :)

But overall for me this product is great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The fact that this product has never broken me out intrigues me. I have never read the ingredients list because I assumed that since it was from the body shop it was "all natural". I was wrong, but I have to laugh at myself because if I had known the list of ingredients I would have told the sales woman "no way". For anyone who is curious here is the list of ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Silica, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides
I am appalled, but to be honest, while their Extra Virgin Olive Oil MMU made me break out, this one has never broken me out. I am in a state of shock but I love this MMU so I am undecided as to if I want to rebuy it or not. It's not the heaviest coverage but it's a nice base for my main foundation. Very surprised, I really thought their products were supposed to be natural, not sure what to think, but I love this MMU.

This is the perfect loose powder for me! I bought it online on a whim, and was lucky enough to get the perfect shade!! It's a light, finely milled powder, and I love the simple, elegant packaging. This literally disappears onto my face, and I don't think I could use another loose powder :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought Loose Face Powder from The Body Shop on sale for $5 from $16.50 in the shade 05, the darkest one. It's supposed to be applied over foundation to help reduce shin & set makeup. I like to wear it alone though since it is about to be summer & I don't like wearing foundation during those months; I have oily skin & it looks gross when it is combined with sweat. I was really sceptical about this product for my skin type for the reason that its ingredients contain have oils & I'm not interested in a breakout.

I tried this on in the store & it was the last dark shade available. I don't want to say that I had to settle, but I was not enthusiastic about buying it because I felt it would be too dark for me. There isn't any good shade selection in this powder & I thought I'd regret it if I didn't buy this despite my doubts. At $5, I knew if I didn't buy it that day, it would have been gone the next. Can I tell youI was surprised! This powder has nice coverage, & keeps my face shine-free & matte. It balances out my skin tone better than I thought it would. I like this not only because it improves my skin tons, but it improves the appearance of my complexion is a subtle way.

My complaints: The shades don't have names or shade indicators. The colors or shades are 01, 02, 03, etc.; I have 05, but what does that mean? I can physically see it's a bronze or brown color with shimmer but, & I'd feel better if the shade referred to actual skin tone names like light/fair, medium/tan, dark/deep or had actual names to refer to. That & the non-sale price are what pull me back from me giving the powder five lipsticks. It's worth it if it is on sale, but I would never in my life pay $17 for this. On the other hand, The Body Shop didn't stint out on its amount of the actual product I get. That's why it's such a good buy on sale. I bought this on a whim figuring it could hurt to try & I'm glad I did! I recommend this product.

on 11/6/2013 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this product first time and very impressed with the quality.

on 9/19/2013 1:10:00 AM

This loose powder had quite large holes which made it deposit large amounts of powder if i shook it (i simply closed all the other holes except for one with clear tape to fix that problem), it gave a nice very very very subtle effect that made you look like you had healthy glowing skin, although i must say it doesn't last very long on oily/combo skin (around 3 hours) and it doesn't give coverage (so it's more of a finishing powder or a powder fit for people with great skin conditions) at around $19 for 14g this product is quite pricey, but it's worth it if you're looking for a natural, not cakey, subtle healthy glowing look- i got this product in shade 03 (another con is how little range of shades they have of this loose powder)

on 4/18/2013 7:03:00 AM

It works perfectly well with my liquid foundation. It doesn't make my makeup looks cakey,it absorbs oil well,makes my skin glows too. The price is suitable with its quality.

on 12/27/2012 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i love this product.
never iritate my skin, looks natural (not cakey)
and works well with my liquid foundation.
makes my skin glow.

but the package need to be enhance though for quite difficult to use.
I need to tap over and over while holding the puff on its holes to get the powder.

This powder is amazing. I got a nice haul from Body Shop this week using a 50% off code they sent me, without which I probably wouldn't have bought this product because for me, as a student, it's full price is a little too high for me to try it usually.

The powder however, is lovely. It's extremely fine ( I got the 02 shade), it goes in very smooth, soaks up oil well throughout the day and doesn't make you face look cakey. So all good! Only little niggle is the filter lid, which doesn't really work that well, alot of powder always comes out so wastage its a problem.

Overall a very good powder for setting foundation/concealer, would buy again.