Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - Watermelon

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. May contain: iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide

When I first started wearing makeup I was totally not into the idea of lipstick. It felt so uncomfortable on my lips and I felt nothing looked natural on me.

Enter Burt's Bee's Watermelon Lip Shimmer. This is the most lightweight product ever. Sure there's some reapplication but it is a balm/shimmer after all, not a liquid lipstick. This was the first lip product I wore that helped me transition to wearing lipstick. Love how smooth it makes my lips.

I have tried two of these lip shimmers and was not in love with either. I keep trying because I LOVE the regular balm so much I figure I have to like this too...right? After the first flop I thought maybe it was just the color I didn't like but I am now convinced it is the formula. It seems like too much product comes off and it is just too....shimmery. I realize it is a lip shimmer so I shouldn't complain about it being shimmery but i'm a weirdo like that. I guess this is like my shimmery eyeshadow problem....in the package I love it but with my oily skin anything that is too shiny makes me look even worse...

This is one of the medium shades--some are too dark (Raisin) or light (Champagne, Strawberry) for me. It's not a dark purple like the tube--it's a medium dusty pink with a slight mauve-brown tone, but a bit too light for my skin tone. It has a bit too much shimmer for me too.

Just an OK product. I picked up a tube while I was out of town and in a hurry, seeing Burt's Bees and thinking it would be more of a lip balm, which it most definitely is not. It's called a "Lip Shimmer" but I think it's more like a standard lipstick than anything else. The 'Watermelon' shade was pretty (closer to raspberry than watermelon to my eyes), though the shimmer gave it a bit too much of a metallic look. The coverage is medium on first swipe, but can be layered for more. You get that signature minty tingle on application, and that's nice, but beyond that its moisturization properties are nothing to speak of; if anything I found it to be a little on the drying side. All in all, I'm not too impressed, and it's just not a product I reach for that often.

I should note though that my Mom has one of these in "Champagne" - a very very pale shimmery pink - and it looks stunning with her fair skin and silver hair!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have pretty pigmented lips, so this is a MLBB shade on me. There is peppermint oil in it so it tingles while moisturizing. I find this is one of the less shimmer-y ones, which is a plus! I love that the tubes are so slim and that the ingredients are mostly natural. For the $4.99 I paid, I think it was a good purchase.

Huge huge fan of this little balm. This shade looks awesome on me. Love the peppermint oil. I buy it by the bundle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! Love the tingle of the peppermint oil and the sheer color. Watermelon is a cool pink with pink shimmers. This is very easy to wear. This is more sheer compared to fig, but I like that it adds some color instead of being clear. I also like the slim tube packaging. I will continue to repurchase the lip shimmers. They're awesome.

This color was alright not my fav, I do love the minty tingly feeling you get when you apply it. I won't repurchase tho

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As many noted, the color is not true to the tube, although this didn't bother me as it is pretty common in cosmetics. Product was creamy and thick. Feathered and migrated even with a lip liner. Not transfer resistant. Sometimes the color was uneven and goopy. Color was semi opaque to opaque on me. Didn't particularly moisturize my lips any more than a lipstick would have. Does not wear well layered under/over other products. Thought I may have gotten a bad tube and exchanged it. The next tube performed the same way.

I love the lip shimmers, but this particular shade was not my color. I bought it based on the color of the lip cap - it was lighter than the lip shimmer in Fig, so I picked it up, thinking it would be the same hue as my lips. Later, I found out that the color is a light mauve-pink - a little too light for my skin tone. I have an olive complexion, so light pink lip colors tend to wash out my face. It's still a great product overall, as it moisturizes your lips with a hint of sparkle and leaves a satisfying tingling/minty feeling, but it is just not for my particular skin tone. For someone with a fairer complexion, however, I think it would be lovely.

Popular Lips Products