Maybelline Pure Blush [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Pure Blush [DISCONTINUED]
Pure Blush [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 2/9/2011 5:52:00 PM

(Gone, but not forgotten!)
How I MISS this great blush! It didn't have a mirror but who needs
that dinky little brush anyway? The dome shape made it easy to swipe a brush over it and pick up just the right amount of colour.

It was finely-milled and had considerable pigment and staying power for
a powder blush. The colours were fantastic. Even Pecan Pleasure [a tawny,brown-toned shade] seemed suited my medium-olive complexion. They never screamed 'Blush!', either: it just gave you a soft flush of BELIVEABLE colour.
The downside was the cheap plastic cracked easily and if you dropped the blush, it shattered into a heap of dusty pieces.

I can't believe Maybelline discontinued this. It seems cosmetic companies take a perverse pleasure in discontinuing particularly good items - it's never the clunkers! Lucky I did what so many of us do and stock up on products that are a "Must Have".
...luckier still for US that there are now so many affordable, top-quality blushes on the shelves. (I last saw these at the bottom of a 'catch-all' box at a dollar store.)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i have this blush in pure shell.
this is one of the WORST products i have EVER tried.
i'm glad other people like it, but this just doesn't work for me!
i've tried to love it alot. but i did notice it went on better with my foundation applied & blended, ( Revlon Colorstay )
but still.
i would rather invest in YSL's Cream de Blush in Powdery Rose.

im gonna toss this away.

on 3/6/2009 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Found this at my local Dollar Tree store and took a chance on it since it's name brand and a nice shad (Pure Plum). I was very happy when I tried it! Very smooth and blends well : )

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I came across this blush at my local Dollar Tree... I figured for a dollar I wouldn't be out much if I didn't like it. I am so glad I decided to give it a try. This blush is so pigmented and stays on all day. I wish Maybelline didn't discontinue it :( The packaging is very unique, with a dome shaped blush in a clear pot and a screw on lid. Also this blush is so smooth.. I would say almost creamy if that was possible for a powder. Overall this is a lovely blush and I will continue to search for it on the net until I can no longer find it :)

on 12/14/2008 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this blush is discontinued,love it!! very smooth,
it's called strawberry souffle. it's gives very nice growing ,make skin really brighten up with just apply little bit.
I use it on other blush to make faggy glass like looks or side of eye's or as high light.I bought in spice and pure shell at E-bay since it's discontinued.

on 9/20/2008 6:25:00 AM

I picked this up for $1 at the local Dollar Tree. They had only a few colors to choose from so I chose Pure Pecan. It looks like a bronzer w/ gold shimmer. At first I thought this was a cream blush because of the packaging. But it's actually a powder. I was surprised that I liked it. Pure Pecan goes on bronze-y rose colored with some golden shimmer. I usually shy away from shimmer in my blush/bronzer but this is ok. I use a big kabuki brush to apply and get good results with that. If you see these at your local dollar stores then I recommend picking one up.

on 8/4/2008 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I found this at my Dollar Tree. I picked up Shell & Blossom. Shell is a very pretty pale pink w/pink shimmer which I love to pair w/bright lips as it give just a tiny amount of color & luminescence. Blossom is a neutral color, no shimmer. Nice basic blush but I don't reach for it very often

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I too stumbled across these WONDERFUL blushes at the dollar tree. I picked up two the first time (pure rose, and pure chestnut) and went back for another (pure berry) and left another I knew I'd never be able to pull off behind.
These are quite possibly my favorite blushes ever, and being a MU junkie I've tried quite a few. If you're using a brush in the container, you wont have much luck but if you swipe the dome across your cheeks and then blend you get this lovely natural looking glow. These are just truly awesome. If you can find them do yourself a favor and give them a shot.

on 6/11/2008 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never in my life bought or worn a Maybelline blush, until now. My local Dollar Tree was selling these discontinued items in only three colors: Pure Love, Pure Chestnut and Pure Pecan. I bought all three for $1.00 each. Pure Chestnut is a tawny neutral brick/peach with the slightest gold wash that is barely detectable upon application. I really love this color, however, it does nothing for my PPP and looks flat. I thought this would warm my face a bit but it's too tawny for me, and just too sallow and yellow. If my complexion had more yellow undertones this would look so beautiful. Staying power was fair in 90 degree heat and the color is very buildable. Pure Pecan looks alot like a bronzer in the pan with a slight gold wash. I thought this would look awful on me but surprise! this actually works to tone down my slightly ruddy cheeks. I apply sparingly with my Chanel contour blush brush and build color to suit my mood. Compared to Pure Chestnut, Pure Pecan is much browner and deeper, yet once applied it is a great everyday color. Pure Love is a cool toned baby pink with a silvery shimmer. I use this at night when I want an innocent femme cheek. Not a color I'd normally be attracted to but used as a highlighter this adds a glow that is amazingly natural. I also really like that there is no brush or mirron. I plan on returning to Dollar Tree to restock these colors for future wear.

on 7/19/2007 11:57:00 PM

I've had this blush for about 5 years, use it every day, and still haven't run out! I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued and have no idea what I'm going to replace it with! I've been using this almost as long as I've been wearing make-up in general...

But obviously I do like it - it gives a nice, natural color and lasts pretty well. I have this in Pure Berry.