Maybelline Cover Stick

Maybelline Cover Stick
Cover StickCover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

on 11/19/2016 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This concealer in medium beige works well for my skin tone and colour. The product comes in a lipstick style case and with a thick texture. The concealer needs to be blended in well but works on small blemishes and pimples. This product doesn't aggrevate my skin and never breaks me out. I always have one in my handbag and apply it with a retractable lip brush and apply to my skin.
I don't recommend applying directly as it could contaminate the concealer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a pretty bad concealer. I feel as if this belongs in a dollar store cosmetics section... actually, I take that back, the dollar store brands came a long way. I am shocked how much this just doesn't work- it's thick and noticeable, without actually covering anything. I got this in the Yellow color corrector shade, and the color is just off for a corrector. Since it advertised on the package that it is a concealer and a corrector, I did expect it to do both; but it did neither. I will not be repurchasing. I hate to throw away anything that I spent money on; so I tried to use it as an eyeshadow base, and it somehow -even though it's creamy feeling- is too dry to function to hold eyeshadow on my eyelids. So, it is just useless all the way around for me.

To Read all 452 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't think my issue with this is so much the product itself, but the fact that twist-up "lipstick" style concealers never impress me to begin with. Are they convenient? Sure. But there are certain factors that will always be more important to me- full-coverage, blendability and longitivity. There are some truly awesome drugstore concealers, including my current favorite, also by Maybelline- the Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. As for the CoverStick, it falls squarely in the mediocre category of "not bad enough to throw out/ not good enough to wear with a nice outfit".
I will say, that this is probably the best of the stick concealers. They tend to go on dry, be hard to blend and then emphasize dry patches and look chalky under powder. I didn't have as bad a time with this as I did with Wet n' Wild's concealer stick, but the familiar elements were there: it took a good while to blend this out, it didn't cover as well as I'd hoped (though it did come close) and although there was no dryness or patchiness throughout the day, I can see some undereye darkness peeking out after 8 hours of wear.
With all that said, this looks fine on and for my more casual days I don't mind wearing this. For someone who is really partial to this style of concealer, I think this is the best drugstore option out there. For me personally, I know there are better liquid or cream products out there that only cost slightly more so I will be experimenting with those in the future.

on 9/7/2016 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

For me this has been a decent concealer but only used in a particular way and with another concealer. I apply the cream concealer first and then do the rest of my makeup. If my inner eye corners still look a little dark, I take the top off the Cover Stick and put it in the microwave for about 4 seconds. It makes it softer, more creamy and much more blend-able. Microwaves vary so it's better to do just a few seconds and check. And I always place it on top of a paper towel.

Because I only need it near my nose I just dot it on and pat it in with my finger. It does help brighten my eyes and gives more coverage than with just one concealer. I would never use this to cover circles that are under the entire eye because a cream or tube concealer would work much better for a large area.

Pros
- High coverage
- Inexpensive

Cons
- set into fine lines after a while
- broke up on my skin (became patchy)

(I used this as an under eye concealer, rather than for spot concealing)
Shade - Light

I have found very few complaints about this product similar to mine. It has made my acne much worse. I have a very strict skin regime to keep my acne at bay. I've been using this for several months and it works SO well to cover blemishes, better than any other concealer I have ever used but my acne was getting worse and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized it is most likely caused by this stick since it started when I began using it. It seems everywhere I touch my face with this stick I break out. And then I cover up the pimple and break out even more so it's a never ending cycle. It's so frustrating because it covers so well. It is very thick and perfect for covering up a dark blemish or acne scar. But not at the price of clogging my pore and causing me to break out. Unfortunately I will have to find another concealer :( But I still plan on using this under my eyes and as eyeshadow primer.

on 7/10/2016 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This was a great concealer with nice coverage, but the stick eventually broke, and the lid cracked very easily. Also, the stick melted quickly. But the good coverage makes up for it.

on 6/9/2016 1:38:00 AM

I use the yellow correcting one. Hides discolouration and pigmentation quite well. This is my first colour correcting product and I haven't been disappointed using it yet. The packaging is just ok; I suppose applying the stick directly to your face isn't the most sanitary method but it works decently for me. This was dirt cheap too. Picked it up at a local Walmart.

Been using this for years. I use light beige. Most of the day I only put this on. It will not break me out; the only one that really doesn't. It covers up dark marks and is not pricey. Can last over a year so I end up throwing half out. Can be carried anywhere and stays on. Can look cake sometimes over uneven skin or if you don't have the right color. Hold it up to your jaw before you buy it. Packaging is pretty and sleek looks interesting in your bag.

on 3/30/2016 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product is a different formulation from the one of a few years ago, as many have pointed out. I am surprised to hear it described as difficult to spread and blend, unless perhaps different shades have different consistencies.

I have found that the shades run light, as they did in the old formulation. I purchased medium beige, which has a slightly peachy cast (I am NC-23ish; Bobbi Brown warm sand).

I find the consistency to be less thick and dry than the old formula. I do not notice any scent. It spreads easily, covers my really horrible under eye circles pretty well, as well as anything else I have found. Even though I set it with powder, it fades fairly quickly and needs reapplying through out the day. I have tried many, many under eye concealers over the past 40 years, and for me they have all faded quickly. Even though I have normal skin, I find this to be true of makeup in general for some reason.

Often I use this lightly on part of my face as foundation, too, and follow with setting powder. I have developed a sensitivity to some ingredient in liquid concealers and some foundations that gives me dermatitis. This stick concealer does not cause irritation so I'm using it every day at the moment.