Maybelline Cover Stick

Maybelline Cover Stick
Cover StickCover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

on 4/13/2017 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This concealer has great coverage and just enough moisture to make it blendable without disappearing!
It's buildable! I swipe a fairly heavy layer of the concealer beneath my eyes, blend and massage it into my skin, then I add some more and gently tap it on with the pads of my fingers.

Don't overblend it! Wait until you apply your foundation, then blend the two together. Unless all you're wearing is the concealer. Apply your foundation over the top of the concealer and blend the two gently just around your eyes. Use short, light strokes and taps to keep the concealer under your eye, rather than sweeping strokes that would thin it and spread it over the rest of your face.

This concealer stays put well enough that if, during the day my face feels dry, I rub some lotion onto my fingers and PAT it all over my face with the pads of my fingers. My face feels hydrated and the concealer stays put pretty well. Of course, you can always touch up by adding more!

I have fair skin, so I can use the "fair" tone or the "white". Because I apply BB cream over the concealer, it tones down the white and gives a nice clean, bright look!

These sticks work well over blemishes, too as far as concealing them. When I've used it to conceal mild acne I cleansed the area thoroughly, first, and let the area dry completely. This is a good time to put on any acne medications or treatments that you use and let that dry too, before adding the concealer. Try not to over-stimulate the area by too much rubbing or blending! Further stimulating the oil glands is not what you need right now!

This is a great product that's affordable!

on 1/12/2017 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have incredibly dark eye circles, so I figured this would help and after reading many reviews I decided it wouldn't hurt to try. It ended up being VERY hard to blend, but I tried my best anyways and finished my makeup, thinking it didn't look too bad. I looked in the mirror about an hour later at work and under my eyes were SOO noticeably yellow, I was insecure for the rest of the day about my under eyes. It looked unblended and so yellow. I wouldn't repurchase this and I hate to throw it away, but it made me feel so ugly today I never wanna put it on my face again. Not to mention, the wrinkles it made me look like I have were not very flattering. I'm not a hard one to please and I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a product, especially from Maybelline.

on 11/19/2016 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This concealer in medium beige works well for my skin tone and colour. The product comes in a lipstick style case and with a thick texture. The concealer needs to be blended in well but works on small blemishes and pimples. This product doesn't aggrevate my skin and never breaks me out. I always have one in my handbag and apply it with a retractable lip brush and apply to my skin.
I don't recommend applying directly as it could contaminate the concealer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't think my issue with this is so much the product itself, but the fact that twist-up "lipstick" style concealers never impress me to begin with. Are they convenient? Sure. But there are certain factors that will always be more important to me- full-coverage, blendability and longitivity. There are some truly awesome drugstore concealers, including my current favorite, also by Maybelline- the Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. As for the CoverStick, it falls squarely in the mediocre category of "not bad enough to throw out/ not good enough to wear with a nice outfit".
I will say, that this is probably the best of the stick concealers. They tend to go on dry, be hard to blend and then emphasize dry patches and look chalky under powder. I didn't have as bad a time with this as I did with Wet n' Wild's concealer stick, but the familiar elements were there: it took a good while to blend this out, it didn't cover as well as I'd hoped (though it did come close) and although there was no dryness or patchiness throughout the day, I can see some undereye darkness peeking out after 8 hours of wear.
With all that said, this looks fine on and for my more casual days I don't mind wearing this. For someone who is really partial to this style of concealer, I think this is the best drugstore option out there. For me personally, I know there are better liquid or cream products out there that only cost slightly more so I will be experimenting with those in the future.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a pretty bad concealer. I feel as if this belongs in a dollar store cosmetics section... actually, I take that back, the dollar store brands came a long way. I am shocked how much this just doesn't work- it's thick and noticeable, without actually covering anything. I got this in the Yellow color corrector shade, and the color is just off for a corrector. Since it advertised on the package that it is a concealer and a corrector, I did expect it to do both; but it did neither. I will not be repurchasing. I hate to throw away anything that I spent money on; so I tried to use it as an eyeshadow base, and it somehow -even though it's creamy feeling- is too dry to function to hold eyeshadow on my eyelids. So, it is just useless all the way around for me.

on 1/1/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have worn other stick concealers but not one of them has dried my skin like this one. I even feels like it starts to form lines under my eyes that look like wrinkles. I didn't like it.

on 9/7/2016 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

For me this has been a decent concealer but only used in a particular way and with another concealer. I apply the cream concealer first and then do the rest of my makeup. If my inner eye corners still look a little dark, I take the top off the Cover Stick and put it in the microwave for about 4 seconds. It makes it softer, more creamy and much more blend-able. Microwaves vary so it's better to do just a few seconds and check. And I always place it on top of a paper towel.

Because I only need it near my nose I just dot it on and pat it in with my finger. It does help brighten my eyes and gives more coverage than with just one concealer. I would never use this to cover circles that are under the entire eye because a cream or tube concealer would work much better for a large area.

Pros
- High coverage
- Inexpensive

Cons
- set into fine lines after a while
- broke up on my skin (became patchy)

(I used this as an under eye concealer, rather than for spot concealing)
Shade - Light

on 7/10/2016 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This was a great concealer with nice coverage, but the stick eventually broke, and the lid cracked very easily. Also, the stick melted quickly. But the good coverage makes up for it.

I have found very few complaints about this product similar to mine. It has made my acne much worse. I have a very strict skin regime to keep my acne at bay. I've been using this for several months and it works SO well to cover blemishes, better than any other concealer I have ever used but my acne was getting worse and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized it is most likely caused by this stick since it started when I began using it. It seems everywhere I touch my face with this stick I break out. And then I cover up the pimple and break out even more so it's a never ending cycle. It's so frustrating because it covers so well. It is very thick and perfect for covering up a dark blemish or acne scar. But not at the price of clogging my pore and causing me to break out. Unfortunately I will have to find another concealer :( But I still plan on using this under my eyes and as eyeshadow primer.