NARS Key Largo Duo

4.4

on 9/28/2017 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My local Denver Nordstrom was out of this. I had to order online. I am glad I did. The color is just great. This will be the first day I will wear it. I did try it on, just received it last night. So far, so great! I will update once I have my eyeliner and mascara on.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been looking for something like Dior Brun Casual, a discontinued eyeshadow quint, for forever. I found it in NARS Key Largo.

What I liked best about Brun Casual was the golden peach, or rather, its finish. The shimmer is less metallic, as so many eyeshadows are, but the dimensional sheen of a fine diaphanous silk, or a very fine mother-of-pearl. That's what the peach side of Key Largo looks like, just a very skin-friendly luminosity. This kind of finish wears especially well: layered under matte eyeshadows, it turns a flat color into something really special.

I was a bit skeptical of the bronze shade: in the pan, it looked a bit shimmery for my tastes. I tried it on anyway, and the shimmer doesn't really pop, just adds dimension to the lids. I thought it would be too orange on my coloring, but again, I didn't need to worry, it adds more soft velvety depth than color to the lid. Very feminine, in a subtle way, and very polished.

Both shades look quite warm in the pan, but work well on my cool-neutral skin. One of NARS's few everyday duos (I also like that there are only two eyeshadows, as opposed to Brun Casual, most of the shades in which I barely ever use), and one that I will definitely keep on buying forever. I only hope this never gets dc'd.

on 7/23/2012 3:03:00 PM

My first ever HG eye shadow. Not a big fan of shadows since I have creaseless monolids so I'm all about lashes! This bronze shimmer and matte pale peach duo changed me. The matte peach is a perfect base on my slightly pigmented NC30 Asian lids and the bronze is impossible to mess up. For day I sweep the bronze across my entire lid for a light wash of flattering warmth using a MAC 214 or 224 and finish with the peach again on my browbone or to blend out. Top with a black pencil on waterline and voila, it's an evening look. I love this duo.

on 4/27/2012 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I get so many compliments on this eyeshadow. The lighter colour has a very slight peach pigmentation which I love. Combined with the copper colour it just blends beautifully. Many times I use the lighter colour on its own so I hit the pan way before the bronze. I wish they sold these separately. EDIT: Love these shadows! The bronze is also fantastic. I have repurchased 3 times and will again!

on 8/11/2010 2:09:00 PM

I brought this a couple of weeks ago and i think its pretty basic but pretty. The gold looks great all over my lid topped with mascara, i dont know why some people have said the lighter side has no pigmentation because it definetly does, and i like using from my eyelids to my browbone as a all over colour to wake up my eyes.
Its pretty and versatile enough to be used everyday and for evening but i wouldnt say its something wow or a must have.

This is a very beautiful versatile duo.

I've had it for years and the shadows still blend like a dream!

A good basic shadow duo.

on 3/24/2010 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love nars, but i found this duo pretty unexceptional. the gold is nice, if a little too coppery for my skin tone, but the paler color doesnt really deposit at all, it felt more like a powder than a shadow. it could use a more opaque base with a bit more shimmer. the texture is great; i would definitely try other shdaes, but this duo didnt do it for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Realy love these colours. The coppery/gold colour is super shimmery and pigmented and is a realy gorgeous colour and blends well with the paler creamy colour although I wish this side was a little more shimmery. It looks nice against my blue eyes but I can imagine It would look lovelly on darker skintones and brown eyes. I also like to add another paler shimmery gold in with it just to blend the colours a little more. Will definately be using these colours on holiday with a nice tan.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I finally got a super friendly NARS makeup artist at the counter and she let me try on EVERYTHING!! After about an hour (no joke) i decided this was the prettiest!!! natural colors, not too much sparkle, lots of cool effects you can create & is paired well with a red/orange gloss... Looks good on tan skin & is a nice day look. Despite all this, I hesitated to buy it because of the price & the colors seemed common enough... so I tried to find a cheap alternative, but in the end went back and bought it! You can't beat these 2 colors or the quality with any other brand....

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I AM IN LOVE!!!!! If you are just starting to discover the NARS Makeup line i would start right here and get this eyeshadow duo because it is just gorgeous! It is a perfect summer look but i wear this in winter too and it compliments almost all skin tones. It is kinda pricey but thats why i say to start with this one because it's a neutral color choice, nice for anyone!