NARS Rebecca Duo

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite Nars eyeshadow. At first glance, I thought the two colors were weird combination. But applying on lids is another story, a nice and fresh look! For those who want a simple and clean look, this is for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Can't get it to work on me. Looks like the brighter version of Earth Angel but not as sutle and versatile. The two shades looks good on its own but when layer on top of each other its very muddy. The brown is a bit too red that looks weird on my asian skintone. I did not put this on myself, its the NARS SA...of course I did not get it in the end.
Click for swatches:

continued >>

Honestly, I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I swapped for this duo. The colors do look pretty in the pan - the light green is nice, and the peachy-taupe color looks like it would be a great all-over wash. But, alas, it wasn't for me.

For reference, I am LLL/NC25/Stila 30 Watts with dark hair and eyes.

This duo did not have much pigment on me... the taupe color looked like, well... nothing on my skin, and the green looked sort of chalky. I was very disappointed and promptly swapped it away.

If you are looking for something subtle, I would recommend this... it seems to get good reviews. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was very surprised that I liked this duo, but fortunately, it seems to be working well for me. I normally don't look good in anything remotely orange-toned, so I was worried about the amber color and didn't think I'd find much use for the kiwi color, but together, it looks very unique and has a warm and cool toned look at the same time. (I guess that just makes sense considering the colors.) It's more of a daytime duo and fairly natural looking, so I've been wearing it to work, but it's still shimmery. I found the shadows to be soft and highly pigmented.

I &hearts the Rebecca duo! Mine is super-pigmented and silky. Mine also has Japanese writing on the back, so maybe it came from a different (better) manufacturer?? One half is a light pistachio green with subtle shimmer. The other half is a warm plummy amber taupe. I like to use the green in the inner 1/3 of my lid with the amber shade on the outer 2/3. This application makes my dark brown eyes look bigger. I love this duo for a glowy daytime look and would repurchase. The quality of this duo is quite good IMO, and with Nars, you never really know what you're going to get!

I really like these colors. They work really well together. Both are pretty well pigmented...which is surprising since NARS doesn't pigment their greens well. But I did like this!

I been on Nars kick for a while so once again I had to add this to my collection. I bought it thinking, OK there is no way I'm going to use them together. It's described as Kiwi (green) and Amber (brown) and I have to agree with those names. One day I got braved to try them together, and OMG. How pretty they looked on my hazel eyes. I applied amber all over my lid and kiwi just under my brow. At first it looked weird, but then with just a liner (Night Fever, was what I chose) and lots of black mascara, it looked fantastic.
I tried the other way around too, with also nice results, but found amber just a litte too dark for under my brow, however simply by changing a different brush and using lighter hand, it cameout as pretty.

Go try it. Mr. Nars knows what he is doing. :)

i LOVE this duo. its inspired me to continue with my NARS purchases.

i found myself at the NARS counter in Saks by chance when i was in the states on vacation. i never really thought of trying this brand since its not easily available where i live anyway, but somehow, the NARS SA did a makeover for me. and used this duo on my eyes.

i initially didnt want to purchase since i have tons of greens, and it didnt look particularly outstanding on my eyes. but i picked it up on second thought since i figured its better not to regret it after i got home and not be able to buy it - and that if i didnt like it, i could always swap it off.

so when i got home, i tested it on my eyes. and i was so glad i did buy it. its very easy to use, and very versatile. i'm an LLL/NW20 and its got just the right amount of shimmer and somehow, the green and the plummy/brown shade just seem to work (even tho they look like an unlikely combination)

i use this really often (i dont really touch my other e/s anymore, because this is so easy to use and its great for everyday use)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This duo is very lovely but a little difficult. The green side is a very pale sea-foam green, not minty, with a pearly haze and no glitter or major shimmer (not quite lime eiter, as others have said). The other side is a sable sort of shade, a nice color which for me can function as a subtle darkening shade (for my PPP/freckled complexion) that some people discribe as a "tan" for your lids. The downsides: Both sides are sheer and a harder formula than some other Nars colors-- more chalky and harder to pick up color; however they are easy enough to build up and show up nicely if you work with them. Good staying power with a UDPP-type primer. Not sure I'd repurchase, but I like it, I wish it were easier & more even to apply.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am light PPP with yellow/neutral undertones (very warm undertones), and the Rebecca Duo looks very pretty on me. I have brown eyes and brown hair, and I was concerned about the sage green color in Rebecca being too cool of a color for me to pull off. NARS April Fools Duo has a similar color green and did not work for me (was too cool and clashed with my warm coloring). But the difference between the Rebecca Duo and the April Fools Duo is that the Rebecca Duo has a warm beigey color in it that really helps warm up the look on my eyes. When I apply the Rebecca Duo I first apply the sage green as a wash over my whole eyelid from lashline to eyebrow, then I apply the warm beigey color from lashline to crease. I find that when I apply the beige color alone on bare skin it goes on too dark for my light PPP coloring, so I apply the sage color first and then the beige color OVER it, and it really helps soften up the beige color. The result is a really pretty, natural look with just a hint of sage. I like this duo a lot. It is very easy to work with, and I think it would look good on both cool and warm undertones, and on brown, blue and especially green eyes. NARS Rebecca Duo is very soft, feminine and beautiful. I will definitely purchase again. :)