Bloom Cosmetics LIP PALETTE

No Image

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had the 8 palette for about 5 years and it's still going!
I just love it - I've hit pan on 'cutie pie'.
It's great to throw in my handbag as there are so many different colours that there is always one appropriate to touch up my lips.

This palette has a wonderful selection of glosses, but my favourites are Tangerine,Honey Bunch, Cosmopolitan, and Cutie Pie. Alot of product is needed for the colour to show, but it's still usable.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

got it in a swap and i love it! its a great way to try the bloom lip glosses which i adore! The case is a tad small but who cares! it is so portable and you do acctually get a lot of gloss in there as compared to some of the "credit card" sized lip pallettes. the colors are fabulous as well! major rave! not to mention the lip brush included is fabulous unlike some other brands as well!!
tangerine: medium to bright peachy pink.
honey bunch: mauvy brown (more on the mauve side) ylbb
cosmopolitain: shimmery light pink
tint:looks dark purple in the pan but sheer rosy shade on lips
pout:beautiful mauvy pinky brown reminds me of chanel glossimer in giggle.
sugar: medium pinky shade with micro silver glitter
sweet pea:another ylbb color but more on the pinky side
cutie pie: rosy berry shade

Liked the colors in this (8 sheer variations of pink, brown, berry), you just REALLY don't get enough product to warrant the $. I'm all for down-sizing and the minimalist asthetic, and I love palettes, but you do not even get a dime's worth of lipgloss, which translates to maybe 2 weeks of use and its gone. Smartened up and returned mine to Sephora within a week- it was almost half gone.

This was my first go around w/ Bloom lipglosses. I must say, I'm very pleased! The smell is great-- a nice vanilla that's not fakey or too sweet. The 8 colors are nice too. The palette itself has great portability. This fits in the smallest of handbags and is just too cute! I probably wouldn't repurchase the palette itself, simply because I'd rather have the full size glosses in the colors I wear most. All in all, a great way to try out the most popular Bloom glosses!

on 11/11/2003 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I should probably admit something from the outset - I am not a lipgloss girl. I'm very pale, a bit averse to eyeliner and have highly pigmented lips. In short, I like colour on my mouth, usually matte colour. If I want something glossy I'll usually wear a gloss lipstick.

However, if I'm going out to a party and don't want to wrorry about touching up, or I want to sheer up one of my matter lippies, a bit of gloss doesn't go astray. However, I really don't like the whole 'dripping with gloss' look. What I want is a gentle sheen and some decent, sheer colour. Which is exactly what I get with this palette.

The packaging is great quality - very solid - and the lipgloss is also of great quality. I've discovered that I love some of the shades that I wouldn't ordinarily wear. For example, I probably use 'tangerine' the most. In the palette 'tangerine' looks like a bright, pale orange - something I'd definitely steer away from. However, it makes your lips look wonderfully luscious and fleshy, great for those rare occasions when I go for a smoky eye. 'Tint' looks incredible over a dark berry or red lipstick.

In short, I can't live without my Bloom palette. I need no other lip gloss, just this teeny palette.

on 8/11/2003 11:43:00 PM

This comes in a cute credit card sized matte metal compact with the Bloom artwork on the lid. Inside you will find 8 small wells of color: Tangerine: a peachy nectar color; Honey Bunch: a shimmery rose brown; Cosmopolitan; a shimmery bubble gum pink; Tint; a flat plum color no shimmer that looks very dark but goes on super sheer, Pout; a flat brownish color, Sugar; a gorgeous shimmery pinky rose with a touch of brown, Sweet Pea, a nude rose no shimmer, and Cutie Pie, a berry with shimmer. The shades are gorgeous in the pan, but go on so sheer the color really only comes out when worn with a darker lip liner. Not very shiny, a bit waxy but that is to be expected when you take a wand gloss and stabilize it for a pan. Great vanilla scent; the product itself has no flavor. Forget the lipbrush it comes with, it is horrid and hairs came out from first go. I would buy this again for the cute factor rather than the quality.

For those interested, it is available directly from Oz at Adore Beauty -the prices are about 20% less than Sephora and at times they have it on sale. I purchased it on sale for about $15 US. continued >>

on 7/31/2003 11:59:00 AM

I really like Bloom's lip palette. Though some of the gloss seemed rather similar to me, I got to try out certain colours which I never thought I'd ever buy. Tint is a good example. I totally love the sheer berry stain effect it has on me. And this palette has helped me to decide on which new Bloom glosses to get in future. It has really cute packaging too and I love the smell and moisturising properties of this palette. It's definitely a good buy! :)

on 6/5/2003 8:52:00 AM

This lip palette has made me into a Bloom convert! The glosses are gorgeous--yes they go on sheer but they give such pretty color to the lips and have really good staying power! They also look very shiny and moisturize the lips (and I have very dry lips, so I"m always looking for lipglosses that moisturize). The palette also has a variety of shades from natural to a bit darker in color. My favorite shades (although they all look suprisingly good) are cutie pie, sugar, and tangerine. You also get great combinations when you mix shades. Because of this palette, I am seriously lemming more Bloom lipglosses. I would repurchase this (along with full tubes of my favorite lipgloss colors) because its convenient, cute, and fun to mix colors =)

on 5/19/2003 2:04:00 AM

Bloom lipglosses are very high quality. I didn't used to believe that because its girlie packaging make me feel it's for teenagers and therefore quality not as high. But this palette really made me change my opinion of Bloom's products. These lipglosses are very moisturizing even when only a thin layer is applied, and the colors are all so beautiful that will suite 99% of the people. It is a very good way of trying out the most popular colors in Bloom glosses. However, I gave it a 4 because I really don't like the color "Tint", and am kinda troubled how I am supposed to use this color up. And I will not purchase again because I bought the full tubes of the favorite colors in this palette already. This palette made me believe in Bloom! =)