Yves Saint Laurent Vernis Laque Pur - #1

4.8

on 10/19/2008 4:32:00 PM

Deep dark blood red, much darker than I expected even after seeing it in the bottle. The quality and tenacity is similar to Chanel. YSL polishes should be seen and tried in person, however. Also, PPP's like me need to wear at least 3 coats for coverage.

Fab red, really a true true red, not wine or orange!! very glam - absolutely love it!!!

on 6/5/2006 2:59:00 PM

GORGEOUS true red. I am PPP and this looks great on me. Two or three people came by to compliment the color as the nail tech was applying it. And it lasted a full week on my hands! Beautiful packaging, beautiful product. Go out and buy this!

on 7/8/2004 12:02:00 PM

This is a classic true red. For years it was the only red in my extensive collection, because my attitude was 'why would I need more than one--this one is perfection!' This is really the best classic red nail polish color I've found. This screams old-school glamour, Hollywood in the 30s, "yes, I'm a woman and I'm Chairman of the Board!!!". I love the square bottle and gold cap on top, and the formula is top-quality. If you have been searching for a Holy Grail red nail polish, give this one a try--a deep classic blood red, gorgeous shine but no shimmer, it will never go out of style.

Popular Polishes