Lancome Star Bronzer Magic Golden Spray Body Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.8

on 7/10/2007 1:57:00 PM

Just got this at Sephora. Wonderful, wonderful stuff! It sprays on as a golden oil that you must rub in fairly quickly, as it dries fast. It absorbs completely into the skin with NO sticky/oily feeling left over. Imparts a gorgeous shimmery sheen -- not a tan, exactly, but beautiful over a real tan or self-tanner. I was worried at first about the scent, as it seemed strong (smelled "tropical" to me -- vanilla/ginger) but it all but vanished after a couple minutes. Expensive, but worth it!

I just wasn't impressed with this bronzer. It didn't really bronze my skin much at all (and I have fair skin) and there wasn't as much shimmer to it as my Victoria's Secret shimmering lotions. For the price and the amount, I'll just stick with Victoria's Secret.

on 4/30/2006 10:10:00 PM

i LOVE it!! it is the BEST!! i did try so many! lancome is my favorite. the smell is soooo nice. very golden look i got on my skin! the glitter NEVER comes off of my skin! it stays on until i take shower!! THANK LANCOME. it costs 35$$ but is WORTH it. my sister and i love it!!

I wonder if I am reading the same reviews. I have tried six different shimmers after buying this because my hands are an orange oily mess, as is my body. And I am a baby-boomer, which means I fall into the fighting the age category--can never be too moist. This stuff is nasty. I use it only for a VERY SPECIAL occasion. There are alot of other ways to create this look, e.g., nice body butter topped with Jane Iredale 24-Karat or BE Body Shimmer. It doesn't make me look tan, either, so I put BE "Faux Tan" on top to make it more brown. But now I'm off, wearing my BE Firefly, earrings my daughter bought me in Costa Rica (bronzy with the colon coins in the center), and I look wickedly good for my age... ;)

on 7/5/2004 3:28:00 AM

This is fabulous! In spite of being an oil its not at all greasy (in fact I use it over body lotion or Clarins body shimmer oil) and it gives a lovely sheen with a bit of sparkle in it. Great for special evenings out but I find I'm using it more and more because as long as you don't overdo it the effect is quite subtle. Also didn't irritate my skin and I am quite sensitive. Will buy again !