The Body Shop Facial Brush

The Body Shop Facial Brush
Facial BrushFacial Brush

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

First of all when I saw it i fell for it. It was so cute and sturdy. I bought it and when i used it for the first time trust me guys my skin turned red! Its not that I have very sensitive skin. No other product did th8s to my skin. I immediately discontinued using it. The bristles are so hard and uncomfortable. I just cant bear the pain on my skin. I really really love my skin akot and i will never hurt it..I just feel sorry for my skin 😢

on 8/4/2016 12:26:00 AM

This is an awful facial brush! I bought this because I was after something to help me exfoliate/ deep clean my skin, but found this brush to be too abrasive and it really hurts to use. I don't usually have sensitive skin, but when applied to thinner areas like my cheeks, my skin is left raw and red. Would no recommend at all!

Pro:
- Small
- Great packaging

Con:
- Abrasive bristles
- Scratches and is painful to use

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought the small face brush. Initially I liked the size as it was convenient for traveling, but it soon became a real nightmare to have on my counter - you just have to put it down the wrong way and it will find its way to the floor. The bristles weren't as soft as the previous face brushes I've had. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product unless you travel a lot and just need a cheap face brush to put in your bag.

on 8/18/2013 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this a week ago and so far I can feel a difference, after I use it I can see my pores open and breath

on 8/16/2013 12:06:00 AM

I just bought this and so this is an initial impressions review. I love the small size which makes it perfect for travel!! from one use it seems to be doing its job. it did seem a little rough but it's an exfoliating brush so that's understandable. just be careful if your skin is really sensitive. it's more sanitary using this brush than your hands for cleanser. Will update when I've used it for a bit longer(:

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this brush. I have the one with the smaller handle that fits in your hand. The only thing I can think of comparing this brush to is my suede shoe cleaning brush (very rough). This is not a soft brush! I wish they had a tester available for this at the store. Since it was only $3, I figured I'd give it a shot. I first used my regular scrub using my hands only, then after rinsing, put a dime size drop of a cleanser on the brush and started cleaning in circular motions (very gently). Holy cow - it was so uncomfortable! After I was done, I noticed a lot of makeup came off on the brush. I always thought my scrub did a good enough job, but I guess not! So, this brush is good at removing makeup. After rinsing, my skin felt smoother and softer. The packaging is also convenient and hygienic. I really wish I could incorporate this brush into my everyday skincare routine, but there is no way this brush can qualify as a face brush. If you have active acne or are very prone to breakouts, stay away! The bristles on this brush are way too hard and rough. The only time I can see myself using this is to thoroughly remove heavy makeup, or maybe once a week in the humid summer days to exfoliate.

on 1/30/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love using this facial brush! i recently (Maybe a month ago?) started using this with the body shop tea tree oil face wash and it works wonders for my skin! I like the size of the brush now because it gives a lot more control than the bigger ones :P I have much clearer skin now too (Even that time of the month!) and would DEFINITELY recommend it (At least try! its dirt cheap, no pun intended :] ) and buy it again!

on 9/4/2012 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a must have part of my facial cleansing routine. Great for travels and saves so much money on facial wash. My skin is so much softer and my pores are much smaller. The brush is amazing and has really helped control my oily skin and breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this product to exfoliate my skin about twice a week. I used to use this product everyday in conjunction with my cleanser but I noticed that using it everyday actually created red bumps in my skin because I was over-exfoliating. For $3, this product is a cheap alternative to adding another exfoliating product to an existing regimen but be mindful not to over-exfoliate. Also, remember to allow the brush to completely dry before putting the plastic cap back on to prevent bacteria growth and replace every 2-3 months (depending on frequency of usage).

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've just started using this recently and really like it. I use it with my face wash, which only foams mildly, and this makes it foam more. Seems much more thorough than fingers alone. It seems to be helping clear pores, but I've made a few other changes at the same time, so I don't know if it's one thing or all the changes together. I will clean it with methylated spirits to make sure it doesn't grow bacteria. I would have liked if it came with holes in the lid to let it drain. I'll be interested to see if the metal clips that hold the bristles in rust quickly.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools