L'Occitane Amande Delicious Paste

L'Occitane Amande Delicious Paste

4.1

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tapioca Starch, Sucrose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Octyldodeceth-25, Trihydroxystearin, Laureth-4, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder, Parfum/Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/Iron Oxides

on 7/3/2016 5:47:00 AM

I picked this up at Sephora after I smelled it in the store. The smell makes me so happy. To me, this smells like expensive playdough. I know it doesn't make sense but there is something very luxurious about the smell while also having that marzipan smell from my childhood that reminds me of playdough. I really am addicted to the smell. It's a shower scrub but it's very thick and rich. I applied this to my legs and arms and after rinsing in the shower, my skin felt very smooth and soft. I'm not crazy about how the top of the jar is smaller than the bottom. This will be cumbersome when the product gets down to the bottom. Other than that. I love this product. It makes me feel fancy and it should. It's expensive but I don't mind because it works.

on 5/19/2016 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use everything in the Almond line and this was the only item I didn't have, so I of course had to purchase it. While $42 is pretty pricy for a body scrub, I knew this would last a long time. And I have to say, I like this product more and more each time I use it.

The scent is to die for - it's the same lovely almond and cream type scent that all products in this line have. The scrub itself is buttery and hydrating yet gently exfoliates, making this an excellent product for those with dry skin (like me!). It's infused with almond oil, sunflower oil, shea butter, and lots of other oils and extracts. As for the exfoliating ingredients, there are no micro beads to damage skin or do environmental harm - just all natural and biodegradable stuff here: almond shells and sugar crystals.

I feel like this has transformed my skin, and it leaves me hydrated enough so there is no need for additional lotions or oils after use. This will be total HG status once the cold months roll back around. My only issue or con with this product is that its packaged in a big heavy glass jar which is kind of dangerous IMO because if it drops and breaks, you're in for a world of hurt. So I scoop small amounts out and into a plastic container, which is kind of a hassle - on the flip side though, this keeps me from getting any water into the main/glass jar so I guess in that regard, it's a win.

I highly recommend this for anyone with dry skin.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

I love anything almond scented and this has a really lovely fragrance.

Its a nice creamy scrub,good for people with dry skin,it leaves the skin incredibly smooth,best for legs in my opinion,I wouldn't use as a hand scrub again,it left them a little dry.
Yes it's expensive but so is everything by L'occitane,so no surprise there.

A word of warning,don't use this after a manicure as it takes your nail polish straight off!

on 2/3/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Well. I've bought the gift set of the almond collection
I liked it because my body skin is dry especially in winter
This scrub is good but not for my body its small and difficult to rub
But it works amazing with my hands
I apply it on my handq and i rub rub rub rub rub then i wash them then i use the almond hands cream
And yes it has a LOVELY smell ♡

on 2/1/2013 7:13:00 PM

I would actually give this product a 3.5. It's not the best, but it's far from the worst exfoliator. The nicest part about this scrub is the creamy texture, which is excellent if you are exfoliating during the winter months. The smell is very nice and the product does not irritate my skin. I do not think there are enough exfoliating beads in the mixture, however, to make it as useful as it could be. Additionally, the product is expensive as compared to other products that are more affordable. Overall though, it is a decent product.

Maybe L'occitane renewed the ingredients for this product, the ingredients listed below by another reviewer is not the same as the ingredients listed on the jar I bought just a few weeks ago (and I checked Amazon.com, the ingredients listed there for this product are the same as mine), I am going to post the ingredient list here first, just so we all know that there's no paraben in this thing :)
Ingredients
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Kaolin*, Sucrose*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Octyldodeceth-25 , Laureth-3*, Silica*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder*, Fragrance- Mica*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract*, Quartz*, Titanium Dioxide*, Tocopheryl Acetate*, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Tocopherol*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Limonene, Coumarin*, Linalool*.
*Natural Origin Ingredients

If you use this wisely, it can easily be the best facial scrub out there (Yeah, I know it's marketed as a body scrub), and by using it wisely I mean 1. Don't use it on your face too often. 2. Don't rub it against your facial skin too harshly, be gentle. It's got a lot of stuff I love in the ingredient list, shea butter to boost your skin's hydration level? Check. Sweet almond oil and extract to sooth your skin? Check. Sunflower seed oil and grape seed oil to nourish your skin without clogging your pores? Check. Crushed sugar and almond shell to really exfoliate without irritating your skin? Check! (Believe it or not, whether you crush the sugar or not makes a huge difference)

It's got a really nice smell, and if you use it on your face alone, it really isn't expensive at all. The big glass jar is indeed heavy and slippery, but it's not a big problem for me, for the result it gives, I am willing to put up with even more inconvenience, and I actually really like the plastic thingy on top of the product once you open the jar, it's practical to use.

Did I mention how natural this product is? Well, by now you know I am in love, don't you?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Overall I really like this product. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin while leaving it super soft and moisturized. You actually don't need body lotion after using this. However, it has two major downfalls that cause me to not buying this product again: 1) the smell, despite being pleasant, is overpowering 2) the packaging is bulky, very heavy and not suited for under-the-shower use (when wet it becomes slippery and can easily fall out of your hands resulting in injuries/broken jar etc.). The glass jar is pretty on my bathroom shelves, though.
It's also quite expensive, sadly I won't repurchase.

This is the best scrub I have ever used. Smells amazing, super thick and lasts forever! My skin was softer after one use and every time I use it I get reminded why its so great. Very nice granules that get the job done but aren't harsh combined with a super moisturizing paste. THE BEST!

on 7/28/2010 5:20:00 AM

I wanted to love this, but i don't.Its overpriced, the smell isn't great.As a scrub its just sufficient, plenty of better scrubs out there. The only positive thing if I have to mention something nice is that some might find that you wouldnt need a moisturiser/lotion after using the scrub. The scrub leaves a layer of moisturised film,feels almost like oil.Another bonus is that, I scooped the scrub in the jar with my wet fingers and the paste does not just absorb the water and retain in like other scrubs do in their jars. In that respect, the scrubs is excellent for staying true to original form as when you first opened the jar. Not what I was looking for, but each to its own!

I got myself a little sample of this when I brought the hand cream. This little jar actually lasts me months.

First of all, this smell of this scrub is wonderful. It is very sweet and smell just a almond. Its name describes the product itself perfectly, it is almondly, delicious, and it is a paste. It has a more gel like texture and it is not creamy. It feels very light yet, a little goes a long way. The size of the particle I would say, is on the medium size compare to a lot of the scrubs I have tried.

The only CON I have with this product is that, it is super expensive. Well I think L'Occitane is overcharging people for all their products anyway. If you have read their company report you know their profit margin is ridiculously huge. It is a good scrub, but it does not do more than St Ives which cost 1/10 of the price.