L'Occitane Amande Delicious Paste

L'Occitane Amande Delicious Paste

Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tapioca Starch, Sucrose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Octyldodeceth-25, Trihydroxystearin, Laureth-4, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder, Parfum/Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Limonene, Coumarin, Linalool, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/Iron Oxides

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The first thing which drew me to this scrub was, of course the famous L’Occitane Almond scent - the gorgeous sweet, creamy, nutty with a hint of vanilla scent which everyone seems to adore! Secondly, I prefer to use cream based scrubs and scrubs with fine particles as I find them to be more gentle and hydrating on the skin. I use this scrub over my whole body, with particular attention to my legs, thighs and butt. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and hydrated as well as deliciously scented. It removes dead skin without being too abrasive. My body visibly looks much nicer after using this - and scrubbing regularly can help reduce the appearance cellulite which is a bonus. However, as noted by the previous reviewer, this isn’t the best product to use before shaving as it leaves residue which clogs up your razor making it impossible to use - I shared this experience entirely. It comes in a luxe looking, heavy duty glass jar which is strong and sturdy - I have no fear of dropping or breaking this in the shower. I had no issues with reaching into the bottom of the jar to pull our product. Overall I love this scrub and will continue to purchase it.

on 2/7/2018 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very good product for certain skin types, leaves you feeling refreshed and your skin feeling soft. But this wasn’t for me because of my certain skin type.

on 2/3/2018 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use exfoliating scrubs primarily on my legs prior to shaving, and I prefer cream-based scrubs. I tend to stay away from salt or sugar based scrubs, as I find them to be too abrasive, I especially prefer scrubs that contain nut shells. That being said, I decided to give L'Occitane's Delicious Almond Paste Scrub a whirl since it's creamy and contains ground nut shells.

This product has that signature L'Occitane almond scent. If you've tried the L'Occitane Shower Oil, then you'll know exactly what I mean. It comes in a heavy duty glass jar. The glass is very thick. Some reviewers have commented that they worry that the jar may shatter and that they don't like having to scoop out the product with their hands, but those things don't really concern me. However, I do think that travelling with this product would be a nuisance, and the jar is quite heavy and large.

As for the exfoliating properties, this scrub does contain sugar crystals, but it mostly comprises of crushed almond shells. The sugar crystals must be very finely milled, as I don't sense them at all when scrubbing. The almost shells are ground up small enough so that they won't clog your shower drain. It does a pretty good job exfoliating the skin.

The scrub is very creamy, but at the same time it's also quite thick. It's described as a butter scrub on the L'Occitane website, but I don't find it to be buttery at all. It's actually pretty dense.

This product is so dense, that you can take the lid off the jar, turn it upside down, and the product won't budge. It needs to be scooped out. It's easy enough to spread, and it exfoliates quite well, That being said, I found it difficult to rinse off. Using the stream of water coming from the shower head alone, it takes some effort to get it off. It doesn't rinse away effortlessly. I suppose if you have a very strong shower, or one of those removable shower heads that extend, it may make it easier.

I also found that this product leaves a very oily residue on my skin. In fact, the oily film it leaves is so thick, it builds up in my razor and clogs it. What's worse, it wouldn't rinse away so I couldn't clean the razor blade. That was the deal-breaker for me, since my intention was to use it for exfoliation prior to shaving.

As for the price, it's really expensive! I paid $60+ Canadian in-store for a 200ml jar.

I am now roughly 80% through this product. I can safely say that it's not for me. It's not a bad product, and I believe others will have a better experience with it. I feel this product may work well for those who need a lot of left over hydration after showering, and who will use it all over. It is quite moisturizing, and perhaps the oiliness is leaves on the skin may be absorbed better by those in need of more hydration. It personally did not work for me, so I won't repurchase.

Forgot to mention, now that I'm almost through this product, I've noticed that the shape of jar makes it a bit awkward to reach at the last bit of product. It's not impossible, just awkward.

One thing I need to say is that this product reminds me so much of amaretti cookies, specifically, the cookie dough for amaretti cookies. I'm of Italian background, and this product reminded me so much of seeing my mom making l'amaretti.

I love the scent of this product and everything in their almond line. This product is the best scrub I've ever used. It's so expensive, but it's the only scrub that leaves my skin moisturized. I use the almond shower oil from this line and follow up with this paste. I do agree with the other reviewers in the packaging - it's big, clunky, made of glass and the lid isn't too easy to use. But despite that, I'll be using this sparingly until their next sale.

on 7/3/2016 5:47:00 AM

I picked this up at Sephora after I smelled it in the store. The smell makes me so happy. To me, this smells like expensive playdough. I know it doesn't make sense but there is something very luxurious about the smell while also having that marzipan smell from my childhood that reminds me of playdough. I really am addicted to the smell. It's a shower scrub but it's very thick and rich. I applied this to my legs and arms and after rinsing in the shower, my skin felt very smooth and soft. I'm not crazy about how the top of the jar is smaller than the bottom. This will be cumbersome when the product gets down to the bottom. Other than that. I love this product. It makes me feel fancy and it should. It's expensive but I don't mind because it works.

on 5/19/2016 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use everything in the Almond line and this was the only item I didn't have, so I of course had to purchase it. While $42 is pretty pricy for a body scrub, I knew this would last a long time. And I have to say, I like this product more and more each time I use it.

The scent is to die for - it's the same lovely almond and cream type scent that all products in this line have. The scrub itself is buttery and hydrating yet gently exfoliates, making this an excellent product for those with dry skin (like me!). It's infused with almond oil, sunflower oil, shea butter, and lots of other oils and extracts. As for the exfoliating ingredients, there are no micro beads to damage skin or do environmental harm - just all natural and biodegradable stuff here: almond shells and sugar crystals.

I feel like this has transformed my skin, and it leaves me hydrated enough so there is no need for additional lotions or oils after use. This will be total HG status once the cold months roll back around. My only issue or con with this product is that its packaged in a big heavy glass jar which is kind of dangerous IMO because if it drops and breaks, you're in for a world of hurt. So I scoop small amounts out and into a plastic container, which is kind of a hassle - on the flip side though, this keeps me from getting any water into the main/glass jar so I guess in that regard, it's a win.

I highly recommend this for anyone with dry skin.

I love anything almond scented and this has a really lovely fragrance.

Its a nice creamy scrub,good for people with dry skin,it leaves the skin incredibly smooth,best for legs in my opinion,I wouldn't use as a hand scrub again,it left them a little dry.
Yes it's expensive but so is everything by L'occitane,so no surprise there.

A word of warning,don't use this after a manicure as it takes your nail polish straight off!

on 2/3/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Well. I've bought the gift set of the almond collection
I liked it because my body skin is dry especially in winter
This scrub is good but not for my body its small and difficult to rub
But it works amazing with my hands
I apply it on my handq and i rub rub rub rub rub then i wash them then i use the almond hands cream
And yes it has a LOVELY smell ♡

on 2/1/2013 7:13:00 PM

I would actually give this product a 3.5. It's not the best, but it's far from the worst exfoliator. The nicest part about this scrub is the creamy texture, which is excellent if you are exfoliating during the winter months. The smell is very nice and the product does not irritate my skin. I do not think there are enough exfoliating beads in the mixture, however, to make it as useful as it could be. Additionally, the product is expensive as compared to other products that are more affordable. Overall though, it is a decent product.

Maybe L'occitane renewed the ingredients for this product, the ingredients listed below by another reviewer is not the same as the ingredients listed on the jar I bought just a few weeks ago (and I checked Amazon.com, the ingredients listed there for this product are the same as mine), I am going to post the ingredient list here first, just so we all know that there's no paraben in this thing :)
Ingredients
Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Kaolin*, Sucrose*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Octyldodeceth-25 , Laureth-3*, Silica*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder*, Fragrance- Mica*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract*, Quartz*, Titanium Dioxide*, Tocopheryl Acetate*, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil*, Tocopherol*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Limonene, Coumarin*, Linalool*.
*Natural Origin Ingredients

If you use this wisely, it can easily be the best facial scrub out there (Yeah, I know it's marketed as a body scrub), and by using it wisely I mean 1. Don't use it on your face too often. 2. Don't rub it against your facial skin too harshly, be gentle. It's got a lot of stuff I love in the ingredient list, shea butter to boost your skin's hydration level? Check. Sweet almond oil and extract to sooth your skin? Check. Sunflower seed oil and grape seed oil to nourish your skin without clogging your pores? Check. Crushed sugar and almond shell to really exfoliate without irritating your skin? Check! (Believe it or not, whether you crush the sugar or not makes a huge difference)

It's got a really nice smell, and if you use it on your face alone, it really isn't expensive at all. The big glass jar is indeed heavy and slippery, but it's not a big problem for me, for the result it gives, I am willing to put up with even more inconvenience, and I actually really like the plastic thingy on top of the product once you open the jar, it's practical to use.

Did I mention how natural this product is? Well, by now you know I am in love, don't you?