Peter Thomas Roth Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel

3.5

This is great cleanser for people who have sensitive skin that tends to be more on the oily/cominbination side. I like that this wash has no color and very little fragrance and didn't irritate my skin at all. It foams up but manages to not strip my skin dry or make it redder than it already it. The bottle is very large size and it will last you for several months even with twice daily use. This is good, basic cleanser for someone with sensitive but not dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For a *sensitive* cleanser, this is quite fragranced. I felt like I had to keep rinsing to remove all of the product. The value is pretty good though, as it only takes a tiny bit of product to do the job. This would be an okay cleanser for someone who is not bothered by fragrance at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried it last week ,when a fellow Ulta customer that works in a spa recommeded it for me. My skin breaks out but cant handle harsh cleansers. Well I used it for one week and my skin was so dried out and flakey. I had to return it ,now a SR there recommeded the Camomile cleanser,so I try that and be back to review that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

so far so good for now like all the products i used will update in two weeks if i see any drastic changes (crossing fingers) I dont care about price just want a very good cleanser to help calm my skin down and keep it clear will update on it later *Update I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOVE IT ,IT DOESNT DRY ME OUT ITS SMOOTH MY NEW CLEANSER FOREVER :) UPDATE September 7,2007/...... I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS I CANT BELIEVE I FOUND SOMETHING THAT HELPED CLEARED MY SKIN BESIDES AN OCCASIONAL BUMP OR TWO MY SKIN HAS CONSIDERABLE CLEARED ALOT AND I AM SO HAPPY I NEVER BEEN HAPPY BEFORE LIKE THIS . I NEVER FOUND ANYTHING TO HELP KEEP MY SKIN CLEEAR AND I HAVE FOUND IT THANK YOU PETER THOMAS ROTH :) i AM AFRICAN AMERICAN AND I FOUND MY STAPLE CLEANSER :) UPDATE UPDATE 1/29/2008 Although i love this product because i have been using it for awhile , for some reason my face started to dry out and become flaky so I switched my cleanser yesterday to the chamomile cleanser we will see what happens if not back to the gelUpdate2/07/08 Im back to my sensitive cleansing gel because chamomile was too drying and I only used it twice Update3/4/08 Im back too my gel Im mad I left it because I thought this was drying me out come to find out the thayers was drying me out causing my cleanser not too work properly thank god Im back my face is so clear i have never had it this clear thank god UPDATE 5/13/08 I THINK THIS PRODUCT IS DRYING MY SKIN OUT TOO MUCH UGH MAKING IT FLAKY . I WILL BE SWITCHING TO LA POSAY TOLERIANE AND I WILL BE BACK WITH MY FEEDBACK ON THAT PRODUCT *UPDATE* i DONT USE THIS AT ALL I LOVE RX FOR BROWN SKIN LOOOOOOOVE IT . PETER THOMAS ROTH GEL WAS TOO DRYING

What a big size for the price it is.

Like the fact there is no color nor scent and this should be nice for sensitive skin.

Need only a bit to wash the entirely face. Although if I have make up I would have to wash twice to remove all my make up.

Doesn't make my face feels dry after which most of products do.

Great Cleanser, especially for sensitive skin prone to acne, redness, and extreme dryness, like mine. Hard to please, I know! Like other reviewers said, this cleanser does not strip your skin at all but deep cleans well. However, I always use it with a deep cleansing exfoliant at night for extra cleansing benefits as this does not clean as deep as I would like. Using it with Boscia Facial Polish at night and Susan Ciminelli Algae Deep Cleanse in the AM works great and does not dry me out at all.

I was recommended this product when my skin was having a bad month. My skin was confused. It was dry, it was breaking out and was red and irritated. I had been trying a lot of skincare samples and I think I was sending mixed messages to my skin . A bad thing to do.

So the beauty advisor told me that I should use this skin gel to "go back to the basics." Well, I used it for a month and my skin did go back to normal. I'll use this when my skin gets confused and then probably go back to my normal regiment.

It is good for transitioning skin. (like if you're having a bad month)
But it doesn't smell particularly lovely, nor leave your skin with any real benefits except cleaning your skin gently and getting rid of makeup.

During college, my skin developed some sensitivity and acne problems. After trying all the drugstore brans, I went to Sephora in Atlanta and asked what the best cleanser would be for sensitive/acne prone skin, and the woman helping me recommended this cleanser. She said it was so gentle she'd wash her kids in it haha. I've been using it for a year now and love it. My breakouts have really been cut down and I only use a light moisturizer when the winter weather dries my skin out a bit. While it is fairly expensive at about $30 a bottle, I only have to use a pea-sized amount for my whole face, so a bottle lasts me about 6 months. Definitely recommend it!

I LOVE this product. I have combination/sensitive skin. After breaking out for a few months nonstop, this product calmed my skin after a 1-2 wks of usage. I continue to use it. It has brought balance back to my skin. I also have large pores and this product keeps my pores clean, especially when used with Peter Thomas Roth's blue buffing beads every other day. I now can wear next to no foundation or powder and my skin looks decent!
I would highly recommend this product to those with my skin type. I love it.

i have combination skin that tends to have dry patches around my cheeks and nose and forehead if i'm not careful. a girl at sephora recommended this to me and the bottle said it was good for every skintype (sensitive, oily, dry, combination, normal). while it cleaned really well, and i thought it rinsed off nicely and left my skin very smooth and fresh looking immediately after washing, it ended up leaving parts of my face so dry that it got majorly flaky and somewhat scaley. i don't recommend this for anyone who has decent skin to begin with, or who has to be careful with dryness. i won't buy again.