REVLON Charlie Red

REVLON Charlie Red

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm actually in awe because I was not expecting this fragrance to smell as delightful as it does. I bought a BIG CLEAR bottle ( NOT FROSTED) off of eBay for $7.50. The bottle is simple and classic. It reminds me of a soft version of Sand and Sable. I smell tuberose, musk, lilies, and honey the most. It's a very tropical scent. Very light and whimsical after the dry down. Nice sillage not too strong. Lasts a few hours before needing to reapply but for such an inexpensive product I don't mind spraying it often. This smells better than most expensive perfumes. Some say it smells like Maroussia but not so much. Maroussia is my signature scent that's why I bought this because people said it smells like Maroussia. Some say it smells like Red Door I disagree. Give this fragrance a try. It's great for the daytime in the summer and not to strong for the office. Honestly, it's a perfect scent. It a tad fruity and creamy. It is kind of soapy but in the best way possible ..it's very fresh. I'm delighted with this product. I hope they never stop making it. I got 3 compliments on it today from friends. You can't go wrong with this one.

on 7/8/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

EDIT - originally I thought this was rather similar to Giorgio Beverly hills, I agree but it also smells like freshly cleaned carpets in a hotel - whatever they use as an industrial carpet cleaner smells like this. Too sharp/chemically and metallic for me! Gave it away

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this scent. I just wish it lasted longer! I can smell a shadow of the original Charlie in there, but it's very, very light. This is a very easy to wear floral musk with the barest hint of fruit. Not too sweet at all. Very easy to wear and I think would be office friendly. Plus, you can't beat the price. There are some perfumes out there which cost 20 times more than this which aren't as nice.

on 10/31/2006 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Spicy, sexy, and charming...all Charlie Red. Easy on the wallet and not too strong (in a good way). I wore Charlie Red on and off for years. Not surprising it has some of my favorite notes.

Top notes are orange blossom, gardenia, plum, black currant, violet and peach; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, orchid, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are honey, sandalwood, amber, musk and cedar.