REVLON Charlie Red

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Here are the notes per Fragrantica.com:

Charlie Red by Revlon is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Charlie Red was launched in 1993. Top notes are orange blossom, gardenia, plum, black currant, violet and peach; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, orchid, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are honey, sandalwood, amber, musk and cedar.

It sounds like there is a lot (almost too much) going on in this bottle, but it is a surprisingly light and fruity floral that is absolutely fresh and lovely, but literally lasts about 5 minutes on the skin. Such a shame because it really IS pretty and fun. I wouldn't re-purchase but I will enjoy the 3.3.oz. bottle that I got for less than $8.00.

on 7/8/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

EDIT - originally I thought this was rather similar to Giorgio Beverly hills, I agree but it also smells like freshly cleaned carpets in a hotel - whatever they use as an industrial carpet cleaner smells like this. Too sharp/chemically and metallic for me! Gave it away

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this!,this is my favourite out of the charlie fragrances which is so much better than the original which i think is terrible,i have gotten so many compliments on this perfume and i always buy this when i run out. the fragrance itself is more sexier and more sweeter than charlie blue and has brillant staying power,some have compare this to red door but even though red door is ok i find charlie red much better and more sweeter,this is one of my top favourites.

I remember the huge poster of Claudia Schiffer in a gorgeous red silk dress at Myer department store Sydney in the early 90's. The scent wafting in the air and it was wonderful but it didn't persuade me enough to buy it as I was too young to wear this kind of scent. Fast forward to 2011 and I took another sniff. It smells just as wonderful, warm, inviting but not cloying. Got a huge 100ml eau de toilette bottle with a free 50ml thrown in for only $15!. Lasting power on me is about 4 hours, which is the standard for EDT. The bottle is very basic, but the scent is not. Orange blossoms, jasmine, gardenia along with amber and musk.

on 8/21/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a large perfume collection and in the process of moving found a bottle of this. It was the first fragrance I purchased for myself. I was a teen and it was uber cheep. It smelled just as wonderful as I remembered. So I spritzed myself and went on with my day.

I received more compliments on this scent than any other. Ever. It sounds crazy but give it a try. It can be found at most drugstores and walmarts.

It has fruity plum and green top notes with orange flower, jasmine, wood and amber mid notes.

on 8/11/2005 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Loved Charlie White, but hated this. I was told this was more of a sexy scent, versus a light clean scent in Charlie White. This stuff reminded me of old ladies. It was stale and just made me gag a bit everytime I sprayed it. Finally, I just threw it out. The staying power sucked too.

Popular Fragrances