Revlon Charlie Red

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/26/2013 10:02:00 PM

On me Charlie Red smells like a more wearable version of White Diamonds. Whereas White Diamonds can be overpowering and has a cool, crisp and almost sharp drydown on me, Charlie Red is much softer and warmer. At the same time it is bright enough to be a party perfume and spicy enough to be a sexy evening perfume.

This is incredibly versatile and I feel comfortable just wearing it when I go shopping and knowing I won't overpower the people around me. Having said that, it is tenacious. I find it works best sprayed on my torso under clothes, and brushed through my short hair. I've had numerous compliments when wearing this fragrance so it seems to work with my body chemistry.

Longevity: 8-12 hours (and my skin tends to kill some supposedly strong perfumes). This is the longest lasting fragrance I have (the second being Ciara also by Revlon).

Sillage: soft/moderate in cool weather but moderate/strong in very warm weather when it wafts around me like a lightly fragranced cloud.

My only gripe is not with the perfume but with Revlon marketing. In Australia you can only purchase the Charlie perfumes in 100ml bottles. Frankly this means that sometimes the perfume can begin to turn before using it all up, and also it means you can't carry it around for touch ups. I'd dearly love to be able to get it in 15 ml purse size bottles. This review is for the eau de toilette. I have not smelt the body spray.

15 January 2015 Edit: This is fast becoming one of my favourite fragrances. It's summer in Australia and many perfumes are just too heavy for the warmer weather. I find I can wear this one every day, regardless of how hot it is. It never becomes overly sweet or sickly. I've had quite a few compliments when wearing it. Even my mother who is sensitive to fragrance likes it. Moreover it makes me feel pretty and sexy. I love the fact that it is light enough to wear almost anywhere but still makes me feel sexy.

I remember the huge poster of Claudia Schiffer in a gorgeous red silk dress at Myer department store Sydney in the early 90's. The scent wafting in the air and it was wonderful but it didn't persuade me enough to buy it as I was too young to wear this kind of scent. Fast forward to 2011 and I took another sniff. It smells just as wonderful, warm, inviting but not cloying. Got a huge 100ml eau de toilette bottle with a free 50ml thrown in for only $15!. Lasting power on me is about 4 hours, which is the standard for EDT. The bottle is very basic, but the scent is not. Orange blossoms, jasmine, gardenia along with amber and musk.

on 8/21/2009 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a large perfume collection and in the process of moving found a bottle of this. It was the first fragrance I purchased for myself. I was a teen and it was uber cheep. It smelled just as wonderful as I remembered. So I spritzed myself and went on with my day.

I received more compliments on this scent than any other. Ever. It sounds crazy but give it a try. It can be found at most drugstores and walmarts.

It has fruity plum and green top notes with orange flower, jasmine, wood and amber mid notes.

Popular Fragrances