REVLON Charlie Red

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

When I was looking through my mother's old things, I found a bottle of charlie red. I'd heard about this perfume, so I tried some on. At the first whiff, I got an alcoholic smell I associate with 80's perfumes - too strong, notes I couldn't really pick out individually amongst the harsh background and not nice. Then quickly, that wore off and a strong honey smell really started to be revealed as a few minutes went by. It still wasn't very nice, but I decided to persevere.
After around 10 minutes, the peach and the musk broke through, sweetened by a residual honey note. It was lovely, sweet but not really gourmand, quite soft, even slightly powdery. I went to sleep wearing it and woke up still smelling of it 15 hours after application. The smell wasn't so strong that I was constantly aware of it like other perfumes, it came in wafts. Very womanly, very sexy. Just wait for it to develop into that lovely peachy-musk before deciding if you like it or not.

I bought this dirt cheap on clearance as a swap item or throw-in, I gave the bottle a quick sniff at the store and thought it smelled sort of off but figured someone else might want it. After having it posted for awhile and realizing nobody else wants it, I figured I'd give it a spray, and I realized that it is exactly the fragrance I've been looking for! When I was a little kid one of my friends' moms used to wear this, she was a really sweet lady, and I would've thought it was Wind Song but it was definitely this, it just reminds me of a really nice lady haha, it's very clean, almost like fabric softener, but I love it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great perfume for someone on a budget! It has a lovely, spicy, sexy smell which is perfect for a date.

Popular Fragrances