no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

To start, I have been a long time fan of Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess. I bought my first bottle at 18 and, even at age 30, I find that I still love it. After reading the description for Love, I figured it would be a safe blind buy. Well, I just got my bottle and I am very pleased! This is a beautiful, subtle scent. Musky yet floral. It's a scent that stays close to your skin. I get the feeling, though, that it's like EG in the sense that if it blends enough with your natural smell, you might not be able to smell it all that well. This has been my experience after wearing it for a few hours. Other people definitely notice, though! We'll see if I get as many compliments as I do with EG. In short, I will buy again. But the beauty of Auric Blends is that, while cheap, these oil perfumes last FOREVER. So I probably won't need to replace this for at least a year.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This oil is pretty genius. Subtle, sexy but not in an overt way, and quietly tenacious. It doesn't shout across the room; its presence is more like a persistent whisper. For days when a bold statement scent with the reach of five city blocks seems too much, this scent is perfect. Don't let the affordability fool you - as there are fantastic scents to be had at every price point and Auric Blends got this one right. (Disclaimer: I tried their famous Egyptian Goddess [their version of Egyptian Musk] and it went all wonky and sour on me.) Whatever it purports to contain, all I get is something that gently hums along; a clever musk accord, a dash of something vaguely floral, some light woody elements, all lending to a beautiful skin scent. It's the kind of thing will make people lean in and say "Oooh, you smell really good..." as opposed to asking you what perfume you're wearing. Who wouldn't like that kind of compliment? I've seen a few complaints on the fragrance boards where people were bemoaning that there's no scent to the scent but they're clearly anosmic to the musk blend used here. That's a shame because they'll never know what they're missing. Edit: Now that I've obtained a bottle of the ever-elusive, cult favorite Narciso Rodriguez's Musc for Her (the limited edition perfume oil version, in the opaque black bottle) and had the chance to wear them side by side, I must say there are striking similarities once on skin, and frankly I prefer Love. Love's scent is less sharp, rounder, and with its roll-on applicator, much easier to apply. There's also the cost: NR is about 150.00 for 1.7 ounces - and that's only if you can find it - but Love will set you back a cool $7-8 for a1/3 ounce bottle that will last an eternity. A favourite perfume oil - I buy three roll-ons at a time.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairOther

3 years ago

This has given my HG fragrance a run for it's money! I love soft, clean-skin-but-better scents and this fits the bill. I usually wear Prada Infusion d'iris, and I love it! But once olfactory fatigue sets in, I tend to switch it up for a while. I was never able to find a scent I liked as much as my Prada until I found this one. There is enough similarity between the two that I feel I'm wearing the same kind of scent, but enough difference that my nose picks up between the two. The funny thing is it feels my perfume Journey has gone full circle Egyptian goddess was the very first perfume I ever bought myself back when I was 12! Now, 22 years later, I have purchased its sister scent to complement my HG perfume. Pretty sure it's a sign to stop my searching :-)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Oh Love where have you been all my life? The search is over. The best fragrance ever, hands down. This is the most comforting, soft, lovely, therapeutic scent I have ever come across. One of those that literally makes you feel better just smelling it. I hope to always smell this way. My poor perfume collection will henceforth be gathering dust, and collecting perfume is a passion of mine!! This is the ultimate musk, followed by Clean Skin and Nemat White Musk. Love has better staying power however and works beautifully with my chemistry; the scent I have been seeking in all my perfume gathering. Like a soft, heavenly embrace. Try it!!!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

5 years ago

I love this scent, and have been using several of the Auric Blends fragrances for years. Love is a clean white floral with some skin musk thrown in. It's very soft, clean and an undeniably pretty scent. Unfortunately, Auric Blends seems to have really diluted their fragrances lately, and Love is no exception. The Love scent is still beautiful nonetheless, and I keep several of these stashed all over (work, my purse, gym bag, the car) for scent touch ups. I took one mark off for the product because the Auric Blends oils aren't as strongly scented as they used to be, but I'll still continue to purchase nonetheless. As a tip, when you first buy on of the Auric Blends rollerballs, put the fragrance off to the side standing up with the cap off. Leave it uncapped for about a week, and the fragrance is intensified.

About reviewer (713 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

This perfume smells amazing has a dimension few perfumes have. After a lot of searching I found a few with this same butterfly inducing scent one is the PINK fresh and clean and the other is MAC Turquatic and Hanae Mori no8. The all have that light but sexy scent that mixes with your natural chemistry. Love also smells expensive not like a lemon or lavender scent typical organic perfumes would have. It is also rare and not too common perfect to make your own unique and mysterious scent.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

6 years ago

This has 0 lasting power on me, seems remotely in the same vein as Narciso Rodriguez EDP but I can barely smell it and I've tried it many many times. Save your money.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Oh my goodness, this smells SO good. I've tried some indie perfumes in the past, and they've always had a strange undertone which turned me off of them completely. But this is one is the first exception that I have found. I was at Whole Foods browsing the beauty aisle (typical) and next to the Pacifica perfumes, I found this. I don't know what compelled me to try it, but I did, and boy did I love it. I immediately purchased it and I've been wearing it every day since. To me, it smells fresh but it has dimension; it's like nothing I've ever smelled before. It lasts pretty long too, because when I was greeting my mom after being out in the hot weather for several hours, she said I smelled good!! Smelling good after being drenched in sweat? Yes, please! I absolutely adore this and I want to get the bigger bottle so I can be more generous with the application -- with rollerballs I feel like I never have enough on! LOVE (get it? ;) ) this! Edit: I've never received as many compliments on how good I smell as I have with this. Who knew that the $8 rollerball from Whole Foods would last longer on me than my $95 Chanel Chance?!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I don't usually go for floral scents, but after falling in love with Egyptian Goddess and seeing that a Love has a base of that, I knew I had to try. As a 21-year-old, I actually prefer fragrances one would consider "more mature" (I say that in the most respectable sense). I love a good, warm amber, vanilla or musky fragrance. When I first dabbed this on I was disgusted. Too much floral nastiness. I went to take an hour nap and woke up to what everyone explains as "super clean, laundry-like amazingness." They are right! It smells like fresh linen with a hint of warm, creamy musk. It's delicious. I layer it over my Egyptian Goddess for daytime and love the results. *EDIT 6/28* I wore this exclusively without Egyptian Goddess today and at 2 p.m., 7 hours after I applied the scent, one of my coworkers asked me what I was wearing. I was worried that the scent was cloying to him and asked. He told me "No, the smell has been lightly drifting around the room and could not figure out what it was!" I guess it's a keeper.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

7 years ago

Oh. My. Goddess. What can I say to convey my newfound adoration for this amazing oil scent? I suppose I'll start from the beginning. I love wearing natural scents. I feel the are less harsh than synthetic fragrances, and they have a much longer wear time so I can use less. They also lack the indolic nature of many synthetics, and I find they are much less expensive. I was at the natural food market earlier today just browsing with my friend through some of the essential oils when we both picked this up and gave it a whiff. And wow. The first scent I got was heavily floral, but as each smell cascaded by my senses, I picked up sweet musk undertones, vanilla-like notes, and a light powdery scent at the end. Never had I smelled something so multi-dimensional! I immediately applied it to my pulse points and brought one of the roller ball bottles up to the counter. I know all perfumes tend to be unique from person to person due to chemistry, but I had no idea how much this would change. And boy, was it for the better! Twenty minutes in, and my wrists had a wonderfully warm, sweet fragrance that still harked back to the in-bottle scent, but rang much more on the vanilla/musk side. And I love that. Darker, warmer scents always resonate with me more. bringing my mind to a very calm, almost romantic place. I've been wearing it for three hours now and the scent is still going strong. I keep smelling my wrist, basking in the sweetness! As far as price, I paid around $6 USD for the roller ball bottle, which contains about 0.3 oz. Considering I've seen 0.5 oz. of other brands' oils go for three times as much, I'd say this is a good bargain, especially considering the lengthy wear time of this oil. The packaging is great. I love roller ball packaging for oils because it helps to control how much is dispensed, and is far less likely to make a huge mess if the cap comes loose. This immediately has become my HG scent. I may have to buy a couple more bottles just to stock up. I'll also be trying Auric Blends' "Egyptian Goddess" once the store near me gets a new batch. (The batch they got seems to be rather scent-less. Must be a bad bunch.)

About reviewer (514 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm