Revlon ColorStay Stay Natural Powder

Revlon ColorStay Stay Natural Powder
ColorStay Stay Natural Powder

3.7

on 4/6/2012 2:31:00 AM

Ignoring the fact that every now and again my cheeks turns a bit red after using this, it's good on top of my oil based foundations so that my skin doesn't look too shiny. Unfortunately, I'm using what I think is the lightest colour and it's still rather obvious on me, both colour -wise and texture wise.

This is a huge no-no for anyone who is reactive to bismuth oxychloride. If you have no skin allergy issues, then I highly recommend this! It has just enough coverage that it can be worn alone to even out redness and slight skin imperfections, but it's not so cakey or thick that it looks poor over liquid foundation.

I would use this every day if I was able to but alas, I am highly reactive to bismuth. :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I like this a lot! It keeps me shine free and looks really natural. I don't use the puff that comes with it; instead I use a blush brush because it looks more natural and it doesn't look caked on like if I had used the origional puff.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i was so disappointed with this. I love the Colourstay foundation and thought this would be ideal to set my foundation, however when I got it out of the packet I found it was chalky and after a couple of days I developed the worst spots ever. i don't even get spots, so soemthing went spectaculary wrong with this! I know it works for other people but I won't be racing back to repurchase!

Turned an orangish color with oil on my nose. No Color matched my ivory color. Their Colorstay foundation is my favorite!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

For a drugstore brand, this is not bad. There are only 3 shades, I use fair and it definitely oxidizes during the day, becoming darker. The compact "MAC" like packaging is good, except the mirror is too small. The morning's application is nice and sheer, but it definitely can become cakey after a couple mid-day touch ups.

on 4/3/2008 4:37:00 PM

This was a pretty good powder that lasts a reasonable amount of time. My slightly oily/ acne prone skin tends to turn oily after a full day at school no matter what, so I have more realistic expectations now, and I only get considerable shine after working out. The colour (Light) is a little dark for me, but works well during the summer. The packaging is pretty good and the compact hasn't broken on me yet. As with all powders I use a brush and not the sponge. It hasn't caused any breakouts as far as I can tell.

on 11/19/2007 1:24:00 AM

I've been on a search for my perfect powder and so far this is it. It sets my makeup very well, in one night I only have to powder my usually oily skin one time and it does not break me out or clog my pores. I apply with my tarte kabuki brush, never with the puff, it makes my skin look flawless.

on 1/8/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like this powder and I was using it until I recently tried Maybelline's Finish Matte, which I love! I have oily skin and I've tried a ton of loose and pressed powders. I keep a pressed powder with me at all times. Maybelline's has better colors and coverage. It is less orangey and a more microfine powder - an HG for me. Give it a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a great pressed powder. I use this in Fair. I've previously only used translucent powders, but I realized that those powders give a greyish cast to the skin. This powder is very silky and does a great job of setting my makeup. I don't like that the compact doesn't open all the way though.