Aveda Air Control hairspray

No Image

3.7

on 2/23/2018 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is hairspray is not cheap, the nozzle constantly gets clogged and every time I fix it, the product comes out like a non stop geiser, I used it yesterday and the product would not stop coming out, running down the sides of the can. This leaves my hair crunchy and sticky, I used to love the smell back in the day when it first came out but now I find it extremely potent (half pine sap, half freshly cut pine trees) somehow this makes my hair super frizzy and flat. Pantene "Air Spray" in "flexible hold number 2" is miles better plus no alcohol denat or offensive headache inducing fragrance.

on 11/11/2016 2:29:00 PM

I tried this product because I was looking for a cruelty free hairspray that didn't contain phthalates. I also prefer using aerosol sprays to a manual pump. Aveda Air Control ticked all these boxes for me.

It works very well as a light hold hairspray. However, there are three big downsides to it. 1. As mentioned, the scent is very strong and smells like a mossy aftershave to me. It wouldn't be bad if it wasn't SO STRONG. 2. The price. 3. The nozzle often jams up, which is unacceptable for a hairspray at this price point.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am a stylist for Aveda, and I rarely use this product because of one fact: the scent! It is so overpowering, it will take my breath right away. The product is very nice though, does what it says (light hold). Does not dry out the hair and holds a style without the crunchy effects of a firm hold hairspray like Aveda Control Force.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Give me a flexible hold hairspray that sprays in a light, fine mist with a quick drying finish and I'm a happy camper. Air Control is all that, in addition to having an amazing fragrance (I seriously don't understand all the hate). It never leaves behind any kind of gummy or wet look, and no flakiness. It's expensive at $25 for 9.1 oz, but I think it's worth the price.

on 11/6/2013 11:10:00 PM

My most favorite hairspray EVER! Locks in style without build up. Great for maintaining curls!! Love love love

on 11/5/2013 10:18:00 PM

I am not a fan of the smell, but I am generally not a fan of any type of fragrances. I don't know if anyone has mentioned that this hairspray is safer/healthier than the average hairspray because the particle size of the ingredients are bigger so that your body doesn't absorb it. Aveda hairsprays usually makes me sneeze a lot because the particle size is bigger, so instead of absorbing the product in my mucus membranes and such, it causes me to sneeze. I've recently become concerned about nanoparticles in products that I use and I am trying to find non-nano type products for my health and safety. I highly recommend this hairspray and I truly believe it is a safer/healthier alternative to other hairsprays. And it also works great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am so allergic to this hairspray! I used it one day and from the moment I sprayed until I took another shower, I sneezed my head off. I've never had that reaction to a hair product before. Needless to say I won't be using it again, wow!

I am actually a hairspray hater.
I tried many drugstore-brand hairsprays and was always disappointed. My hair was crunchy, lifeless and smelled like alcohol or even worse.
After all of these years when hairspray had made a really bad impression on me whenever I tried one, I went and bought the Aveda air control hairspray.
My hair is fine, limp, flat and has no texture. That makes my hair look bad, when I wear it down and makes it hard to style a good updo with my hair.
I went to an Aveda salon, explained my issues and the stylist recommended me this. I also asked for the pure abundance hair spray, but the stylist said it would be "too wet" for my purpose. I didnt know what she meant, but she showed me by spraying it on her hand. Indeed this ones a "dry " hairspray. Just spray it on and you dont have to wait for your hair to dry or something like this.
How I use it:
I spray a little all over my hair when I wear it open to soften the frizz, lift it and give some volume and texture.
When I spray it on with my head upside down and run my fingers through my hair, this gives me the voluminous, messy, bedhead look even with my limp hair.
Before I style an updo, I lightly tease my hair and spray it all over, so the hair gets grip and I can get a nice texture and hold in my updo.
When I braid my hair or make a messy bun, I use it to spray it on stray hairs or to give a little more texture to the hairstyle.
It smells heavenly and nothing like the typical hairspray I knew. If you dont like the typical signature pure-fume scent of Aveda, stay away. The scent is strong, thats why people complimented me on my perfume, when I was wearing this hairspray.
It does actually perform very well and is very versatile, because it has such a flexible hold.
I can use it without having to wash my hair immediately when I come home. No greasy film, no residues, no flaking. Just soft hair.
It is meant for a natural styling, that looks as if you dont wear hairspray at all.
It has a flexible, minimum hold. If you want a strong hold, this is not for you.
I recommend this especially for fine, limp hair, because it doesnt weigh down the hair and gives a nice texture to the hair.
Highly recommended.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

The smell of this product is beyond offensive. It actually makes me sick and doesn't even work very well. Unfortunately even if this was the best product ever I couldn't get over the foul scent. It's really bad.

on 7/7/2012 3:34:00 PM

My stylist suggested this hairspray since she seemed to think other brand hairsprays were no good for my hair.I tried the sample bottle of this.At first,I thought this was great.Nice & light,but toward the end of the day,my hair felt hard & sticky.My other sprays never made my hair feel this way~

Popular Styling Products