Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
No Image

1 review

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is not creamy or hardly at all lather-y, (I was worried the first time I used it), but once I rinsed, conditioned (with the Pave deep conditioner cream), and dried as normal, I was really surprised--almost no frizz (which has nver happened except with FF or Kerastase products), nice curl pattern (I'm a type 3b/3c on Andre's list), shinier (not amazing shine, but my hair is super dry), and felt very soft. Many uses later, my hair still liked it. However, on my second bottle, I found that my hair was getting drier and frizzier again and feeling quite stripped when I rinsed. I felt I needed to use a more moisturizing shampoo. I started using Frederik Fekkai's Protein Rx. But not only did this get prohibitively expensive, it worked well and then sort of not so well after a while.

I found that if I alternate a very creamy, moisturizing shampoo (haven't settled on any particular one yet-though my cousin's rec of Revlon's Creme of Nature might be it, but have only used it once) with this shampoo my hair is happy.

The low lather doesn't bother me now because I like knowing it doesn't have sulfates. Also, the smell is pleasant, though nothing fantastic. I don't much like the twist cap bottle (gets annoying as you get down to the last bit and have to turn it upside down), but apparently that has changed (I stocked up the last time I went to my mom's for christmas because there is no Walgreens where I live and I refuse to spend $5 to have $6 bottles of shampoo and conditioner shipped from the website). Hopefully, the deal with Walgreens will be up soon and Pave will start supplying it to other drugstores.

All in all, I think its an excellent product, that's better than a lot of more expensive shampoos.

Popular Shampoos