Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

4.1

I've heard a lot of ppl say this dries their hair out, but I haven't had that experience. I've only used it once, though. I usually use shampoos w/sodium laureth sulfate, but tend to have a sensitive scalp. I've heard sulfates can exacerbate the problem. So I was excited to learn I could buy sulfate-free shampoo at Walgreens (and made by Jessica Simpson's stylest no less). So I used it this morning. In the shower after I rinsed the shampoo out my hair felt a little more stripped than usual - of course that could just be CLEAN. Supposedly this shampoo is safe for color-treated hair, which I have. After conditioning and styling, my hair feels really soft and bouncy. Plus it's really shiny! So far I'm pretty impressed. I took off one lippie only because I don't notice anything extremely fabulous about it at this point. No itchy scalp so far, though! Plus, the day is almost over and I can still run my fingers through my hair and I haven't brushed since this morning! Usually my fingers get caught in little tangles at the ends by this point in the day from my hair drying out. It's gotta be the shampoo because I didn't change anything else in my hair routine except this. UPDATE: I've been using this for over a week now and I think it's my new HG! I added the fifth lippie. My hair has never felt better. My itchy scalp is completely gone. Before it would itch and I would get little flakes here and there. I guess it was just dry scalp. This shampoo is SO much better for my scalp and my hair is so soft and clean and static-free! This stuff is great. I will definitely repurchase! ANOTHER UPDATE: OK I stopped using this because my hair started to get VERY dry all of the sudden. About a week ago I stopped using it just to see if it was the shampoo. Uh-huh... my hair is silky again, but it took a few days of new shampoo and my normal conditioner. I'm sure this might be too drying because my hair always felt stripped before I conditioned. It just took a while to completely dry my hair out, I guess! Plus, my color faded more than usual and now looks a little brassy. I had to take off a few lippies!!!

on 10/29/2006 6:12:00 PM

This does a fairly good job of cleansing my hair without stripping it dry. The only thing I hate about it is the smell. It kind of reminds me of a lighter version of pine-sol. If your hair is greasy or you have lots of product on it, you're definitely gonna have to do the lather/rinse/repeat thing because of the low suds factor. I found it at Walgreens for around $5.00

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff...love it. I'm a high end snob when it comes to hair care. I somehow stumbled across this at Walgreen's. It is the only shampoo that I can use for months on end and it continues to work. It also doesn't fade my color.

My hair is long, color treated (high and lowlighted), fine and tangly but lots of actual hair. I will keep buying this forever!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I reall love the smell of this. It reminded me of Aveda which I love but cant afford too much. As for the use, it wasnt that great. It works jsut like everything else out there,(which doesnt say much) The conditioner was much better. Im still on the outlook for something good. This didnt damage my hair, but didnt do anything for it either. Will not repurchase.
*UPDATE: nope..still not buying it again lol. Gave it to a friend.

O.k. so this is a step for me in terms of shampoo. I have been using d/s brands my whole life. I wanted to try this because it has no sulfates and I have to say that I like it......so far. It left my hair clean feeling after I got of the shower, not weighed down like when I use my Aussie. What I did not like is the static it left in my hair and it is kind of warm here today. Honestly, I never buy the same shampoo after the bottle is up, my hair seems to like it when I switch to something new, so I am sure I won't repurchase again right away. Oh, and it was very hard to resist the urge to pour more shampoo on my head as it does not lather very well, obviously because of no sulfates.

Right now, combined with the conditioning milk, I love how my hairs feels, it's bouncy and it does not feel weighed down. I guess the true test will be when it's 20 degrees outside, I hate static hair! I am also a little nervous about the oils in the shampoo, afraid they might break me out, guess I just have to wait and see.

on 9/6/2005 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a no-sulfates shampoo, but I am on a tight budget! I was initially going to fork out the $20 for Jonathan Product, but I came on here and found this!! I immediately went to Walgreens where I purchased this and the Conditioning Milk (and like the other reviewer- it was a BOGO, so I also got the mousse and hairspray!!) all for a little under $7!!

I LOVE the scent of this shampoo, and I have no problem lathering it. My hair is so shiny, and I love it... I do rotate shampoos, so I will be using some shampoos with sulfates, but this shampoo is definitely a part of my rotation! I am especially glad now because Jonathan's products haven't been getting the best reviews-- and they are $$$$$$ in price!

on 7/30/2005 5:37:00 PM

Not crazy about the smell, but it's so fabulous on my hair that I don't care! After one use, my normally dry and itchy scalp felt great. If you've got a Walgreens in your area (which I think is the only place you can get it), RUN there and pick some up today. Your hair will thank you for it. EDIT 10/21/05: This shampoo doesn't seem to be cutting it for me anymore. I'm getting a ton of flakes, which never happened before, and it doesn't feel like it's cleaning my hair. Plus, I still don't like the smell. Knocking this down to 3 lippies.

I love this! I've been using Pantene Brunette and feeling like my hair is getting dried out. So I tried Citre Shine (the new stuff) and it seems kinda drying too. I've been lemming for this Paves for awhile and it's my third day in a row with it and I LOVE it! My hair feels soft, moisturized and NOT that horribly dry feeling from the other shampoos. I'm keeping this- I really love this stuff!

on 12/3/2004 9:36:00 AM

Love this stuff. I had the most dull,heat-damaged hair before I started using this, and now it is shiny and soft. It smells very fresh, not at all perfumey. It is sulfate free and not tested on animals if that stuff matters to you.
I wish I new where you get it for $3 a bottle though, it is $5.99 at my Walgreens.

on 9/14/2004 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thanks to the hair board for this rec. So far I'm loving this very affordable but high-quality poo. Personally I love the smell--like lavender, bergamot, and herbs to my nose. This doesn't lather a ton but it does lather, plenty for me. Feels good, cleans well and leaves my hair soft. I'm hoping the lack of sulfates will be only a good thing for my hair and sometimes-dry scalp. Will update if necessary. Also reviewed the conditioning milk. Update: I'm in love with this poo/cond. My hair is more manageable, and it just behaves without a fight and has less frizz. yay!