Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

Price: $

on 4/30/2006 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this. I bought the whole line after I read the reviews and read the ingredients and was very hopeful. Unfortunately, it did not clean my thick wavy hair--left it feeling coated and straw-like, even after using their heavy cream conditioner which also did not work very well. Overall, a very bad hair day for me.

on 2/20/2006 10:46:00 AM

I love this shampoo, so much that my Canadian self is planning on making a trip across the border just to stock up, since this line isn't available here - yet. It's quite a large bottle, and the packaging (blue body, brown cap)is cute, easy to hold, easy to squeeze. Scent is sweetly lemon - very fresh. I do agree that the lather is very low with this product, but that's expected - it is a sulfate-free formula, after all. The first time I used this, I needed to "lather" twice, to get my thick, long (past mid-back) hair clean, but I found I just have to add a small amount of water while massaging the shampoo over the scalp, and I'm okay. This is cheap ($5.99 and it came with a full sized bottle of the mousse) and effective and I'm so in love! EDIT: One of Paves Professional's staff just returned my email - they have just started shipping to Canada. It seems as if so far, London Drugs is getting the first shipment, and the shortlist of stores she sent included London Drugs in the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and British Columbia. continued >>

on 1/31/2006 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for a month now, and am ready to proclaim it FABULOUS!! The fragrance is like that of scented geraniums- the ones that are sometimes called 'mosquito plant,' where the leaves are the source of the scent, not flowers. It's not for everyone, but I find it a stimulating and fresh frag. The poo is not super sudsing, but on rinse you will feel that your hair is clean and refreshed. It has never stripped my hair of the overpriced semi-permanent color I pay a salon monthly to apply; in fact, I find it helps to prolong my color better than any salon shampoo I've used. I have fine textured hair that is bodified nicely with this. (I have not used the matching conditioner, but use a Paul Brown currently-also a nice salon line.) So worth the apx. $6 from my local Ekerd. UPDATE: finally tried the conditioning milk and think it's a hit- best if you can let soak in first. also his shine serum is worthy- no greasy spots, just shine, and works great on wet or dry hair.

on 9/6/2005 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a no-sulfates shampoo, but I am on a tight budget! I was initially going to fork out the $20 for Jonathan Product, but I came on here and found this!! I immediately went to Walgreens where I purchased this and the Conditioning Milk (and like the other reviewer- it was a BOGO, so I also got the mousse and hairspray!!) all for a little under $7!!

I LOVE the scent of this shampoo, and I have no problem lathering it. My hair is so shiny, and I love it... I do rotate shampoos, so I will be using some shampoos with sulfates, but this shampoo is definitely a part of my rotation! I am especially glad now because Jonathan's products haven't been getting the best reviews-- and they are $$$$$$ in price!

on 6/30/2004 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this because I think it is the only drugstore shampoo that does not contain sulfates. It doesn't lather very well so I usually have to wash my hair twice with this. It has a strong herbal scent which some people will not like. It also has a top that you twist to open.

Update: This shampoo has a great scent, but it is harsh and drying.

Popular Shampoos