Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

No Image

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Well let me start by saying that I've got flat and oily hair. I finally have grown it out so its in pretty healthy condition (but not like that of virgin hair lol). I'm the type of person that shampoos everyday or else I just feel greasy and yucky.

This shampoo smells like some woodsy/citrusy mix. some say like pledge or something, but I must say I like it! Since there's no sulfates you don't get that sudsy lather, but I really don't mind it at all. It means its not stripping all the natural oils out of your hair. I mIGHT suggest a clarifying shampoo once a week, but since I'm not using much product in my hair right now (just dove replenishing mist and some silk therapy), this cleans just fine! It's on cleanrance right now at my Target for around 3.50 and comes with a free full size mousse, and its usually on sale at walgreens for 5.99 bogo free so i think that's a great deal considering being jessica simpson's stylist, ken paves could charged a lot more, and ppl would still buy it for the name. I also tried the deep conditioner, so you can see my review for that too! I WOULD definitely repurchase, what a great drugstore find!!

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I'm on my third bottle. I started using this line after I decided to grow out my hair. (I used JF Brilliant Brunette for 1+ years prior to that.) I love the scent of this shampoo, it doesn't dry my hair, my hair is crazy shiny and healthy and i's pretty cheap. Another plus is that my hubby uses it also so we have less shower clutter. I find that this lathers just fine and cleans well. As of now this is my HG shampoo, but I plan on testing a few more. Regardless, I will keep this on hand. UPDATE: I no longer use this product. I now use Chaz Dean's Wen cleansing conditioner and no other product on my hair since Oct. 2006.

on 5/13/2006 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

Well, I really do like this. It's about $6 for a large-ish bottle of shampoo. Elegant packaging and not too bulky...

The lack of sulfates makes for a not-so-lathery experience, which can make it feel as though your hair isn't getting really clean. But once you get over that--it's pretty nice stuff. The smell is incredible. It lingers but doesn't overpower. And how lovely it makes your hair!!! I have very abused hair--dyed dark, dark, darker. Tried to go back to my light blonde with hi-lift dye...straighten it often...yeah. It's damaged. This stuff makes it very clean but very healthy and soft. It feels like conditioners "sink in" better after I shampoo with this. Not sure why! Anyway, it's made my hair extra healthy looking and it smells wonderful. A little expensive for a drugstore product, but definitely worth it.

on 5/8/2006 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This shampoo was okay, nothing special. I used it for about a week, and found it to be a little drying, didn't really liven my hair up at all either. Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this product like most of the prior reviewers are.

on 12/20/2005 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

A gentle yet effective shampoo. After using this I realized that my scalp is normal, not on the oily side as I had previously thought. What I think was happening was that the shampoos that I had been using were stripping the natural oils from my scalp, therefore stimulating it to produce more oil, all the while drying out my ends. With this one, my hair feels much more balanced and calm. I'm thinking about trying out the conditioners that go along w/ this product as they come in huge bottles for about $3-4 each. Not bad! The shampoo also has a light, pleasant scent that reminds me of Fresh's Sugar Perfume (a lemon+sugar smell).

on 8/5/2005 11:59:00 AM

I don't have particularly damaged hair but was interested in trying a sulfates-free shampoo. Yes, it's hard to get a good lather with this, and it didn't feel like my hair was squeaky clean, but it rinses thoroughly and my (straight, normal-to-oily, shoulder-length) hair felt really soft, silky and light-as-air afterwards. I rotate this with a couple of other 'poos (Nature's Gate Herbal and M.O.P. rosemary and mint clarifying) and my hair looks and feels great. It's a reasonable price (around 6-7 dollars) and you get a pretty big bottle.

Took a lippie off b/c the scent (just like lemon dishwashing liquid) isn't the greatest (though it doesn't really linger in hair). Plus, this can be a little difficult to find. Only Walgreens carries it and mine had it hidden behind another Paves shampoo. But otherwise a good shampoo to try.

ETA: Added the lippie back. Have decided that the scent is nice--a kind of spicy, herbally lemon scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The first time I tried this shampoo I hated it. My hair felt like tangled straw. It was aweful! I REALLY hated it and I was going to throw it away, but it stayed in my shower. At that time I had almost waist length, fine, thick hair. A few months later, after I got my hair cut off to just above my shoulders I tried the shampoo again; just because I was in the shower and it was there, and what the hell... That time I LOVED it!! My hair felt clean, but not dry, not tangled or stripped, and very soft. The next day my hair looked incredible, better than ever and it felt baby soft- even though I was using the same conditioner. All day people kept telling me how great my hair looked and I had honestly done nothing different except the shampoo. Since then at least once a week I get a comment on how shiny my hair is. I'm on my 2nd bottle of this shampoo and I will definitely keep using it.

I know it's totally weird, but I think maybe this shampoo just isn't suited for long hair but if you have shoulder length or shorter hair you should definitly try it. I think I pay $7 at Walgreens. You can't beat that!