Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.4

on 6/12/2007 5:31:00 PM

I liked how this made my hair look, but something in it made my scalp hurt!! It was itchy and actually painful. Maybe the oils? Not sure, but I can't use this anymore.

I use this in combination with the conditioning milk and it makes my hair soft, silky, and cleaner than anything else I've tried. Will repurchase.

on 7/18/2006 8:26:00 PM

My hair-Fine, highlighted blonde, mostly straight. Typically oily roots and normal to dry ends.

There are now 2 different versions of this I guess, an orignal formula and an ultra hydrating formula. The original is what I'm using. So far so good. It makes my hair super soft and shiny, as I'm pairing it with the conditioning milk. I have no problems with lather, especially if I add water to it after massaging it in. I'm surprised at this, as I live in a very hard water area. I feel it could be a little drying with too much use. If so, I will try the ultra hydrating version.
The smell is slightly lemony, but it does fade. I haven't experienced any surrounding skin problems yet, but will update after a few weeks of use.

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I'm on my third bottle. I started using this line after I decided to grow out my hair. (I used JF Brilliant Brunette for 1+ years prior to that.) I love the scent of this shampoo, it doesn't dry my hair, my hair is crazy shiny and healthy and i's pretty cheap. Another plus is that my hubby uses it also so we have less shower clutter. I find that this lathers just fine and cleans well. As of now this is my HG shampoo, but I plan on testing a few more. Regardless, I will keep this on hand. UPDATE: I no longer use this product. I now use Chaz Dean's Wen cleansing conditioner and no other product on my hair since Oct. 2006.

on 5/8/2006 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This shampoo was okay, nothing special. I used it for about a week, and found it to be a little drying, didn't really liven my hair up at all either. Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this product like most of the prior reviewers are.

This is the worst shampoo I have ever used. I thought I'd see what all the rage was about, but I was definately disappointed. I didn't clean my hair and left it feeling dry--the last thing I needed. Good thing it was so cheap, because it is definately going in the garbage!

on 9/1/2005 7:32:00 PM

Smells fantastic for a drugstore brand. Left my hair soft and shiny. Even without sulfates, it certainly made enough "suds" to satisfy me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hmmm...I dont know abou this product yet. I have used it for about 2 weeks now. It doesnt lather all that much, and I feel as though it doesnt clean my scalp that much. That's what I look for in shampoos since I have an oily scalp and dry ends, I jsut concentrate the shampoo on the scalp and use the lather to get the rest of my hair. I like that when I rinse, my hair is already detangled, and feels very soft. But again, not sure if its really cleaning my greasy scalp, since I wash every other day. I just dont know. Also, my hair had a recent bleach disaster, and this does seem to make it smoother. I will keep using it since it is gentle on my hair, but I need something to clean my scalp better. FYI, you can find Paves products at Ulta now too.

on 7/25/2005 1:56:00 AM

Well I just had to get after all the raves I heard on MakeupAlley. Gosh I am in looooveee with this product..and after just one use!! My hair feels sooooo soft and silky. It's been really damaged due to excessive dye jobs, bleach jobs, and finally I had thermal reconditioning. My hair literally falls out every time I brushed it...and it was so dry....

I didnt have any problem with the lather like the other mua'ers have stated. It didnt weight down my hair...and I have really fine hair...my hair now feels soft as ever...and weightless :) The price is pretty good...5.99 I would definitely buy again. The ONLY complaint I have is the smell. It kinda smells like....dish detergent >.< lemony citrus fresh....

Popular Shampoos