Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

No Image

3.9

on 6/24/2008 9:41:00 PM

I'm a sucker for beauty products in cute/stylish/modern packaging, and I was looking forward to trying a shampoo without sulfates, because supposedly it's supposed to be better for your hair. Well this shampoo was AWFUL. The bottle is adorable, and i love the little twist-up cap. It smelled great too.
However, I'm not sure if it was the lack of sulfates or what, but this stuff would NOT lather. I tried this shampoo at least 15 times, hoping it would eventually start working on my hair. But every time I used it, I'd have to use more than 4 or 5 handfuls of the shampoo to even get a decent lather. And I still felt like it wasn't cleaning my hair. If it's possible, it actually felt like it dried out my hair AND left build-up on it at the same time, which is just gross. Halfway through rinsing I couldn't even get the tangles out of my hair. And after my shower when it was time to blowdry my hair, I was SO tempted to just grab another shampoo and go re-wash my hair in the sink.
I was totally disappointed by this stuff, it was terrible. I would never buy it again. I wouldn't even use it if someone gave me a free bottle of it. Uggh.

on 1/6/2007 8:43:00 PM

Like others have said, this made my hair dry and tangly. Also, I generally love lemon scents, but this one just smelled "harsh" to me. So much so that even if I loved how it worked, I probably still wouldn't use it.

This stuff is horrible! I bought it based on all the terrific reviews here. For the first two days, my hair wasn't very clean, and then it was like my hair got used to it and became extremely shiny and bouncy. This only lasted for about a week and a half. Then it started to become gross again. I could barely run my hands through my hair in the shower. I thought that maybe my hiar wasn't getting clean enough because I go to the gym and sweat a lot, so I started using a clarifying shampoo once a week. This still didn't help so I went back to just using the Paves thinking that my hair needed to get used to it again just like the first time I startedu sing it. Nope! It stayed disgusting. This was a TWO month experiment I conducted so my verdict is- this is awesome at first but there's no way you could finish a bottle.

on 9/10/2006 2:39:00 PM

I did not like this product. The smell is strong and unpleasant, and it left my dry, color-treated hair feeling like straw. I paired it with the Paves Deep Repairing Conditioning Cream and within a week my naturally curly hair was a frizzy, lifeless-looking mess.

This is the worst shampoo I have ever used. I thought I'd see what all the rage was about, but I was definately disappointed. I didn't clean my hair and left it feeling dry--the last thing I needed. Good thing it was so cheap, because it is definately going in the garbage!

on 5/22/2005 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE. I've only used it once, so I will update if this changes, but I love this stuff. Washed my hair last night with it and today it's soft, shiny, and my SLS irritated scalp feels wonderful. Maybe I use a lot more shampoo (a big dollop) than other people, but I thought it lathered wonderfully. It rinsed very clean as well.UPDATE - This makes me so sad, because this stuff makes my hair so shiny and gorgeous, but it's been breaking my forehead and back of neck/back out like crazy, so I'll have to stop using it.

on 11/12/2004 4:01:00 PM

I truly loved the way my hair looked when I used this. The problem was that there's something in it that I'm allergic to and my scalp breaks out and I get huge flakes that make my scalp bleed. Wish it weren't so!

on 6/12/2007 5:31:00 PM

I liked how this made my hair look, but something in it made my scalp hurt!! It was itchy and actually painful. Maybe the oils? Not sure, but I can't use this anymore.

I've heard a lot of ppl say this dries their hair out, but I haven't had that experience. I've only used it once, though. I usually use shampoos w/sodium laureth sulfate, but tend to have a sensitive scalp. I've heard sulfates can exacerbate the problem. So I was excited to learn I could buy sulfate-free shampoo at Walgreens (and made by Jessica Simpson's stylest no less). So I used it this morning. In the shower after I rinsed the shampoo out my hair felt a little more stripped than usual - of course that could just be CLEAN. Supposedly this shampoo is safe for color-treated hair, which I have. After conditioning and styling, my hair feels really soft and bouncy. Plus it's really shiny! So far I'm pretty impressed. I took off one lippie only because I don't notice anything extremely fabulous about it at this point. No itchy scalp so far, though! Plus, the day is almost over and I can still run my fingers through my hair and I haven't brushed since this morning! Usually my fingers get caught in little tangles at the ends by this point in the day from my hair drying out. It's gotta be the shampoo because I didn't change anything else in my hair routine except this. UPDATE: I've been using this for over a week now and I think it's my new HG! I added the fifth lippie. My hair has never felt better. My itchy scalp is completely gone. Before it would itch and I would get little flakes here and there. I guess it was just dry scalp. This shampoo is SO much better for my scalp and my hair is so soft and clean and static-free! This stuff is great. I will definitely repurchase! ANOTHER UPDATE: OK I stopped using this because my hair started to get VERY dry all of the sudden. About a week ago I stopped using it just to see if it was the shampoo. Uh-huh... my hair is silky again, but it took a few days of new shampoo and my normal conditioner. I'm sure this might be too drying because my hair always felt stripped before I conditioned. It just took a while to completely dry my hair out, I guess! Plus, my color faded more than usual and now looks a little brassy. I had to take off a few lippies!!!

on 5/8/2006 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This shampoo was okay, nothing special. I used it for about a week, and found it to be a little drying, didn't really liven my hair up at all either. Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this product like most of the prior reviewers are.

Popular Shampoos