Paves No Sulfates Allowed Repairing Shine Shampoo

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.9

on 6/24/2008 9:41:00 PM

I'm a sucker for beauty products in cute/stylish/modern packaging, and I was looking forward to trying a shampoo without sulfates, because supposedly it's supposed to be better for your hair. Well this shampoo was AWFUL. The bottle is adorable, and i love the little twist-up cap. It smelled great too.
However, I'm not sure if it was the lack of sulfates or what, but this stuff would NOT lather. I tried this shampoo at least 15 times, hoping it would eventually start working on my hair. But every time I used it, I'd have to use more than 4 or 5 handfuls of the shampoo to even get a decent lather. And I still felt like it wasn't cleaning my hair. If it's possible, it actually felt like it dried out my hair AND left build-up on it at the same time, which is just gross. Halfway through rinsing I couldn't even get the tangles out of my hair. And after my shower when it was time to blowdry my hair, I was SO tempted to just grab another shampoo and go re-wash my hair in the sink.
I was totally disappointed by this stuff, it was terrible. I would never buy it again. I wouldn't even use it if someone gave me a free bottle of it. Uggh.

I use this in combination with the conditioning milk and it makes my hair soft, silky, and cleaner than anything else I've tried. Will repurchase.

This stuff is horrible! I bought it based on all the terrific reviews here. For the first two days, my hair wasn't very clean, and then it was like my hair got used to it and became extremely shiny and bouncy. This only lasted for about a week and a half. Then it started to become gross again. I could barely run my hands through my hair in the shower. I thought that maybe my hiar wasn't getting clean enough because I go to the gym and sweat a lot, so I started using a clarifying shampoo once a week. This still didn't help so I went back to just using the Paves thinking that my hair needed to get used to it again just like the first time I startedu sing it. Nope! It stayed disgusting. This was a TWO month experiment I conducted so my verdict is- this is awesome at first but there's no way you could finish a bottle.

on 7/5/2006 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Smells so good I want to eat it! Okay, almost. Cheap and non-drying.

on 5/13/2006 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

Well, I really do like this. It's about $6 for a large-ish bottle of shampoo. Elegant packaging and not too bulky...

The lack of sulfates makes for a not-so-lathery experience, which can make it feel as though your hair isn't getting really clean. But once you get over that--it's pretty nice stuff. The smell is incredible. It lingers but doesn't overpower. And how lovely it makes your hair!!! I have very abused hair--dyed dark, dark, darker. Tried to go back to my light blonde with hi-lift dye...straighten it often...yeah. It's damaged. This stuff makes it very clean but very healthy and soft. It feels like conditioners "sink in" better after I shampoo with this. Not sure why! Anyway, it's made my hair extra healthy looking and it smells wonderful. A little expensive for a drugstore product, but definitely worth it.

on 1/3/2006 9:47:00 AM

I really love this shampoo!! I tried it initially, and then I got scared off by all the reviews that said it stopped working after a bit, so I switched back to my habit of buying and trying and random, and I've most recently been using the Regis Olive Oil S&C that is getting so many raves on the hair board. Well I've come home for the holidays, and since my mother uses this, I do too right now, lol! I have to say, I have fallen in love all over again. I made sure to try it out for at least 2 weeks before writing a review, and in that 2 weeks, I've just grown to love this more. I'm not sure what shampoo other reviewers are using, but mine lathers up really, really well! Maybe it has something to do with the type of water? Regardless, this lathers up great, and my hair rinses totally clean, but without that squeaky clean, ultra dry feeling. I actually like the smell, very light, and also it fades so if you don't like it, you don't have to walk around with it all day. My only gripe would be the flimsy lid they put on this huge bottle...it hangs really loose and after repeated opening and closing it seems like it's going to snap off. But for a great product, and one at such a low price, it's worth it. Sulfate-free, which I love, and so does my mom for her color-treated hair, and it leaves my hair clean, yet moisturized. RAVE!!!

on 9/18/2005 1:03:00 PM

I really can't believe this has gotten such great reviews....it was not good for me at all! I love the concept of it, but it just didn't work. It lathered horribly, i felt like i needed a TON to make it lather at all in my thick hair. The scent is not terrible but when my hair dries it makes it smell dirty! BLECH! Just all around not good product. There is another natural shampoo i love but its a childrens shampoo and it lathers great, and smells like a baby! Another one that i LOVE thats natural is the melaleuca naturals shampoo...it doesn't have any harsh ingredients, lathers well, and leaves my hair feeling clean and soft. try that one instead!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hmmm...I dont know abou this product yet. I have used it for about 2 weeks now. It doesnt lather all that much, and I feel as though it doesnt clean my scalp that much. That's what I look for in shampoos since I have an oily scalp and dry ends, I jsut concentrate the shampoo on the scalp and use the lather to get the rest of my hair. I like that when I rinse, my hair is already detangled, and feels very soft. But again, not sure if its really cleaning my greasy scalp, since I wash every other day. I just dont know. Also, my hair had a recent bleach disaster, and this does seem to make it smoother. I will keep using it since it is gentle on my hair, but I need something to clean my scalp better. FYI, you can find Paves products at Ulta now too.

on 8/5/2005 11:59:00 AM

I don't have particularly damaged hair but was interested in trying a sulfates-free shampoo. Yes, it's hard to get a good lather with this, and it didn't feel like my hair was squeaky clean, but it rinses thoroughly and my (straight, normal-to-oily, shoulder-length) hair felt really soft, silky and light-as-air afterwards. I rotate this with a couple of other 'poos (Nature's Gate Herbal and M.O.P. rosemary and mint clarifying) and my hair looks and feels great. It's a reasonable price (around 6-7 dollars) and you get a pretty big bottle.

Took a lippie off b/c the scent (just like lemon dishwashing liquid) isn't the greatest (though it doesn't really linger in hair). Plus, this can be a little difficult to find. Only Walgreens carries it and mine had it hidden behind another Paves shampoo. But otherwise a good shampoo to try.

ETA: Added the lippie back. Have decided that the scent is nice--a kind of spicy, herbally lemon scent.

on 7/30/2005 5:37:00 PM

Not crazy about the smell, but it's so fabulous on my hair that I don't care! After one use, my normally dry and itchy scalp felt great. If you've got a Walgreens in your area (which I think is the only place you can get it), RUN there and pick some up today. Your hair will thank you for it. EDIT 10/21/05: This shampoo doesn't seem to be cutting it for me anymore. I'm getting a ton of flakes, which never happened before, and it doesn't feel like it's cleaning my hair. Plus, I still don't like the smell. Knocking this down to 3 lippies.