Eve Lom Rescue Mask

3.7

kaolin, aqua (water), glycerin, alcohol denat., mel (honey), prunus amygdalus dulcis (almond meal and extract), camphor, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, allantoin, aluminum chlorohydrate, propylene glycol, magnesium chloride, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, calcium chloride.

on 7/11/2016 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought the Rescue Mask online in a moment of desperation last week. My skin was really reacting to something (which I have since identified and thrown out!) but was sore, dry and lots of little bumps under my skin. Only after I made the panic purchase did I read reviews which are so mixed I didn't know what to expect.

It arrived today and I have just used it for the first time so this is a are very immediate initial reaction. Should something change, I'll come back to update it.

Removing the product is a little odd, something other reviewers mentioned. I followed the directions, gently rubbing the product away. You need to be patient and gentle here and you will remove the bulk of the product then wash away the rest with the muslin cloth (which was another indulgent purchase to be honest).

The first thing I noticed, and I feel like the rubbing process probably aided this, but the blackheads on my nose are gone. Gone! I wasn't even expecting that as an outcome so I'm in shock as I had accepted the blackheads as part of my life. I am stunned and delighted about this because a lot of the reviews specifically mention the fact blackheads won't be removed.

In general my complexion seemed good and my skin smooth. I did the 7 step facial massage beforehand with my ordinary cleanser and try to do a facial massage semi regularly but I may try and make this part of my daily routine going forward ("best intentions" etc...).

The only issue I have is that although I was really careful not to put the product anywhere near my eyes, a small amount must have rubbed into the border area and this seems to have had a reaction. There's a hive-like spot where the product was and the eye area is a little red so would advise caution with where you put it. This is why I deducted a lipstick because I was barely within the eye area.

Also, I haven't used any moisturiser yet and my skin is feeling a little tight but I would expect that for this type of mask.

It's expensive for a small amount but for the result with the blackheads alone, I'll likely repurchase this when the time comes. Also I know people comment on the smell and it is very strong - I could smell it through the box - but it didn't bother me. It's a "natural" smell rather than a synthetic fragrance that has been added which I can't tolerate at all but this was fine.

Update:
A week later and after a second use, my initial review would still stand but a few observations;
- I noticed that in areas where the product was applied thick, it was much easier to rub away. The "thinner" areas were much more difficult to remove and meant more rubbing/agitating the skin.
- Regarding blackheads, I noticed a similar result after the second use. My pores look cleaner and blackheads seem to be removed. However it does seem to be short lived because they were back to normal before my second use. Still pleased with the result and even short lived is good.
- This time around, my skin is left much redder - I presume from rubbing. I battled with redness so this is annoying but I think it's just temporary and will calm down.

on 4/3/2016 1:52:00 PM

This mask is AMAZING!! I love it. It leaves my skin looking so gorgeous and glow-y. It's the look I'm always chasing after.

Eve Lom's Rescue Mask is a kaolin-based mask, so it deep-cleans the pores. It has a very smooth, luxurious texture and applies nicely to the skin. It has a somewhat strong fragrance though, and I see that it has camphor on the ingredient list. So that's probably why. But the scent fades as the mask dries, and this takes about 15 minutes. The instructions say to remove it by massaging it off in an upward motion, and it really does flake right off the skin. And then rinse off the remaining residue with warm water.

Massaging it off really enhances the exfoliating properties of this mask. My skin is so smooth and polished after I remove it. And it's very gentle as well. No stinging or tingling. Considering how effective this mask is I'm surprised that there's no harshness or irritation to it at all.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

Overall I think this is a great product and I would definitely buy it again. Recommended!

To Read all 58 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/25/2016 4:32:00 PM

I had a small travel size of this. It was very thick and claylike coming out of the tube and hard to spread on the skin, but once it´s on, it functions like any other clay mask, although it feels harsher to me and dries up after about two minutes. The directions say to leave it on for about 15Minutes, but that would be impossible for me because it´s getting desert dry and tight and very uncomfortable, except I spritz some thermal water on several times and moisten is up a bit this way. Afterwards, my skin looks a bit upset, but once it calmed down, I can see that some skin clearing has been done - but nothing better than a usual clay mask. For this price, and with the name "rescue mask", I would have expected something way more skin friendly, effective, and with a more luxurious feel to it.

Got a small tube of the EVE LOM Rescue mask with my purchase from EVE LOM website - when i initially put it on the rough bits didn't feel the best but i assumed it was an exfilorator to remove dead skins - once the mask began to harden it stung and when i removed it my was so red and blotchy - not impressed and two hours later my face is still red and uncomfortably hot - I will go back to my Estee Lauder products - sorry EVE LOM but the price of your products, in my opinion do not reflect the results they provide.

on 3/5/2015 10:26:00 PM

It feels like a typical clay mask going on but with these annoying sharp little bits. When I put it on my face was tingling. When I washed it off my skin was red and blotchy. Not what I was going for! Terrible for people with sensitive skin.

on 8/22/2014 1:15:00 AM

Overall I thought this was a solid clay mask. I felt like it pulled out a lot of gunk and oils in my face without leaving it too dry or tight. I didn't mind the smell, but I really disliked the sharp bits that I think were meant to physically exfoliate your face.

on 1/3/2014 7:50:00 PM

I am a total facial mask whore. Make that high end facial mask whore. Eve Lom's mask beats out every other mask. I am very impressed with this lady and what she has produced. Rescue mask deep cleans your pores like no other, and makes your skin velvety soft and glowy. I use this when I want to look my very very best.

on 6/23/2013 5:27:00 AM

I really like this product. It does make a difference and will defiantly calm down skin, help clear spots, tighten pores and give your skin a general cleanse.
It's one worth having in your routine.

on 5/31/2013 11:23:00 PM

This product is a complete waste of time.
I tried it because I had heard that it was fantastic, well for me it was the complete opposite.
Firstly, the smell was terrible.
Second, way too expensive.
Thirdly, It didn't do a thing! NOTHING!!!
I do not recommend this product at all. It's just an overall bad experience. It left my skin feeling dry and really red!!!

on 2/13/2013 12:59:00 PM

I have sensitive oily skin which is prone to the odd breakout around my menstrual cycle. I was highly advised to buy the mask by the Space NK sales assistant as she said it would help dry up any break outs.
Apart from the horrible smell and consistency this stuff really messed up my skin. I had a terrible allergic reaction and my skin the next day was 10 time worse in terms of break outs. If you have sensitive, breakout prone skin do not use this. It may be good if you skin is not sensitive. It is insanely expensive as well. Not a good product at all for me.