Almay Nearly Naked Touch Pad Liquid Blush

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ok let me just say that since i have super pale skin, thees blushes are amazing for me! so lets get onto the review, right?
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- I was lucky to have found these at my local discount store which was great but normally it means that theyre being discontinued but I have seen these in random drugstores sparingly but they may have quit making these sadly :( I purchased mine for $3 which is pretty good but in the drugstores like Rite Aid or CVS, if you find these there they may cost around $5-6
SHADE- There was only a few shades available in my store but i have purchased all 3 that were available. I have bought & used them all & all 3 i own are super natural and pretty on lighter skintones. they are natural looking so it may not show up too well on darker skintones which is annoying.
Peach Au Naturale- this is def a light peachy w/ a slight hint of pink in it. its more pink undertone than orange but its true to name, a light natural peachy hue
Raspberry- this is the darkest of all 3 shades, its a deepened raspberry red in pan, does show up lighter but def gives a berry kissed look to cheeks. natural but gives cheek a red berry kissed look
Pink- simple name but this is def a true pink w/ cool undertones. great for everyday looks. gorgeous pink
FORMULA- these are def natural looking blushes. since its a stamp pad like blush, i was thinking it would go on really dark & pigmented but Like its name, "nearly naked"- these blushes will go on like a liquid & give a slight stained affect but very natural looking. these are the most natural looking blushes but do the job of giving me color back to my cheeks. def recommend for lighter skintones since they arent extremely pigmented. sorry. i love almay since they are perfect for giving that No makeup makeup look. These blushes go on super easily, w/ a dab of my fingers, i tap them onto cheeks & the blend on skin easily & you have a moment to get it blended & then it soaks into skin making it look like your cheek color- i reach for these when i dont want to look done up but pulled together. they also work great for under your powder blushes since it helps w/ vibrancy of powder blushes. They do last around 5-6 hrs depending on skin type for me they last that long. Def great for normal to dry skin since they are moisturizing/liquid. may not be suitable for oily or combo skin.
PACKAGING- this is where its hard for me to say that i love it or i hate it for theres points i do or i dont. These are Liquid blush Stamp pads. they literally look like stamp pads so you have to use your fingers. i have seen 2 different types of packaging. ones a gray plastic pad & the ones i own are a white plastic w/ clear see thru lid & white logo/labeling. the shade name is located on back sticker panel. The twist on lid will keep your blush secure & from drying out. the pad isnt too thick but it will provide many applications. *A TIP* to make the product be readily available- store these upside down so that the Liquid blush w/ come to the top of the pad that way you dont have to press so hard onto pad.** the pad itself contains the liquid blush so finger application is necessary which can contaminate or cause breakouts if you dont use clean fingers. i love how super convenient & easy these are. the more pressure you use, the more blush you will get on your fingers. i find w/ normal pressure & a few dabs, its typically enough for both cheeks but you can always build up easily. it has a wet consistency- some say its oily but i dont think so. its more watery than anything. super easy for beginners. so its either you will love the packaging or hate it! i personally love it to death or than im afraid that its collecting bacteria sitting there. Make sure to twist on lid so that way your blush pad dont dry up fast. Also storing upside down will help get to all the product. My first one i got a whole bunch of uses out of it. you will know when its drying up since you will see you can barely pick up the blush liquid. it does last me longer than i ever expected!
Overall, im so glad i gave these a try. i got 2 more opened & a backup raspberry! i wish i could get these on a super sale like i did all the time bc im so pale & somedays i dont want a super blushed look & i find myself reaching for these nearly every other day. esp for when i may run a quick errand & got 2 mins to get ready. esp great for on the go & can go with you for application & touch ups since NO BRUSH NEEDED! hehe, i find these to be great! wish & hope they dont ever get rid of these for im a huge fan of the pure & simple makeup!

I have this in Peach. It is way too oily/greasy for me.

I got this at Big Lots for like $2 because it's now discontinued. It's just kinda ehh for me. I have the raspberry shade. It blends nicely and it's not AWFUL, but it makes my makeup feel a little thick.
PROS: It's a cool idea, the color is nice, I think it would be good for people with dry skin.
CONS: I don't know, I'm just not that impressed. I've used much better liquid blushes.
OVERALL: Skip it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have this in raspberry, which is a gorgeous colour
I bought this from the pound shop hahaha, so I can't comment on the price, but I love it and when I run out I'll be buying it again on ebay

It's a really nice design, it reminds me of when I was a kid and I used to have stamps with little ink pads

It's lost a lippy because it's a bit sparkly and I like my blusher a bit heavier, but because it's so easily blendable due to being liquid, I just layer it

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I picked this up in pink. I am very fair now that it is the dead of winter and this is just the right amount of blush for me. It is the most natural looking blush I have ever used.

I got this from my mom, who either bought it for herself and actually didn't like the shade, or only pretended she didn't like it so she could pass it on to me, subtly getting me to change from my usual blush, Chanel Lumiere Magiques powder blush, which I think she thinks I wear too liberally. She stressed this Almay was a "nice color" on me and there was something in her voice . . . but I digress.

So I wound up with this in Pink 140.

It is a nice light fluid, and very very buildable. Almost too buildable. It can vanish into your skin if you look away for a moment and look back at the mirror. It takes several tries to build it up enough to be visible!

But after a few rounds of touch-ups, it creates a natural glow, and I love the control of applying it with my finger. I used to use Bentint Lip Balm as a blush for the same reason (and I would still highly recommend that as a blush!)

This blush imparts a dewy look, appropriate for the spring and summer. It doesn't have much staying power, only lasting a few hours for me. It would be best worn for a Sunday brunch or a Saturday evening Mass. It wouldn't really work for a night out on the town or a romantic dinner at a dimly-lit restaurant.

I would buy it again, maybe. But I think I'd be more likely to want to try something different.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought the color raspberry and liked it a lot. I don't blush naturally, and my skin is quite pale, so I like to add some color to my face. It is sheer and leaves a dewy glow. I usually put on some powder blush by Covergirl first, since I like rosy cheeks, and then put some of this on afterwards. If you want just a gentle hint of color you could use this alone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know what made me buy this a few years ago, but it was a bad idea. The touch blush I find is terrible! It look so bad on me, and I had to spread it over...it was just a very very bad idea in the first place to buy, I eventually threw it out because I hated it so much.

I have this in 'Bare Pink'. This ended up looking entirely naked on my face, rather than nearly. It's scentless as far as I can tell, and glides on smoothly enough - another shade may have worked better.

I love this product! It's so light. I'm only in my 20s and this product looks gorgeous on me through and through. It gives my face a nice shimmer and a tint of color, which I don't need a lot of. I have all the colors. Makes me feel young. However, if you're looking for a lot of color, it's not for you.

This line has been discontinued. However, Almay is now making the "Touch Pad Liquid Blush" which is the same thing. It's my HG of the blushes, at least for now. Maybe when I'm in the 30s and 40s, I'll grow out it.

This product is ideal for women in their teens and 20s --> who do to wear too much blush as it looks bad on younger women. The product will give your face a natural, healthy glow.

Popular Blush Products