Aveda Pure Abundance

Aveda Pure Abundance

3.5

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified Extracts, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Sodium Coco/Babassu Sulfate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Babassuamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Acacia Senegal Gum, Honey (Mel), Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Jasminium Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) (Aveda's Own Pure-Fume Aroma with Certified Organic Peppermint, Palmarosa, Ylang Ylang and Jasmine), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Maltodextrin, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Annatto (Cl 75120)

on 8/17/2017 12:35:00 AM

I love the scent of this shampoo! It's supposedly a combination of peppermint, Jasmine, palmarosa and ylang ylang, but like any other Aveda scent I've tried to recreate, it can't be done. So I'm guessing it's from added fragrance/ perfume, because the notes are so well blended and Aveda-ish, and when I try to do it myself, I can smell the individual notes and for some reason it doesn't smell good, or anything like this.

As a shampoo, however, this is just so-so. I'm not really a fan of sulfate free shampoo, they leave my hair gummy and tangled, and just aren't as effective on my hair with our well water, as a properly formulated sulfate shampoo is. However, I love the smell of this so much, I use it as a hand soap and body wash. Also I put about 1/2-1 tsp in a 16 ounce spray bottle and use it as a room/ pillow spray. This is pricy! The small 8.5 ounce bottle is currently $22. I do like and use the matching conditioner.

on 8/29/2015 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried the PA shampoo and conditioner on my baby fine hair. My hair felt heavy and looked dirty at the scalp. So disappointed!!

super expensive but the best shampoo I've ever used, let's me go multiple days between washes

on 11/12/2014 12:03:00 AM

It controlled the amount of oil my hair produced and i only wash my hair 3 times a week. It does not lather well and I have to use 3 dime siza amount for my medium hair length which is a pain for me. The shampoo smells like yoga mat wash spray or the herb smell that they release in the air during yoga. It did help me have more volume of hair because I had stitches on the middle top of my head and I notice the skin around it does not have any hair. Even though I like to have my hair line on the top, straight and right in the middle where the stitches are made me seperate my hair line ar the side which is annoying since I do not like pinning my hair to the side.
(I used it for about 3~4 months)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

3.5 stars. I have been using this shampoo for a few weeks and I have seen a nice difference in volume after I blow dry. For me, though, I have found Aveda's styling products to generally be better than their shampoos/conditioners.

If you have fine hair that does also become oily quickly (as I do), I would save your money and buy the Pure Abundance Style Prep or another volumizing spray. This shampoo will help give your hair gain volume, but it is almost like a clarifying shampoo. For my fine hair, it is too harsh to use on a daily (or every other day) basis. And for the price, it is not worth a shampoo you can only use once or twice a week.

on 6/9/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is one of the few volumizing shampoos that I can use daily without drying out my scalp and hair. It's sulfate free, but does lather a bit expecially if I do a second application. Pretty gentle and the herbal scent is pleasing. Definitely do a sniff test in the store before purchasing and make sure you like it because it does linger in the hair for a few hours. I use it together with the conditioner and my hair feels fuller and softer overall.

I am in love with this product! I am a stylist for Aveda, and when I have a client with stringy, limp hair: this is my holy grail! This shampoo literally makes the clients hair look like new! Pure Abundance is the correct name for this shampoo, so much hair! Sure, it literally doesn't make you magically grow 2X the hair at the shampoo bowl, so it is only a temporary fix, but it still does the trick! If you are looking for a long term option, try the Aveda Invati line! Pure Abundance literally does what it says!

When I first purchased this product I was in love with it. It made my thin hair fuller and kept it from getting greasy. Over time, I thought it wasn't doing much for me so I stopped using it after I had gone through the bottle. While trying other shampoos I couldn't find anything that provided me the same volume and drying power without making my scalp dry or hair hard to manage. So I've ended up coming back to this shampoo because it is a nice balance for my oily/psoriasis scalp. I'd recommend it if you are having trouble with greasy hair for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shampoo is just okay and while it cleans well while being gentle on the hair, it does not impress me to repurchase. The thing that played a major part in my decision not to purchase is that I really did not like the scent of this shampoo. I cannot even describe the smell...it's just really weird and gross. The conditioner has a slightly better scent. At about $60 for a bottle, I feel like this isn't awesome enough.

on 2/10/2013 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This shampoo makes my fine hair shiny and voluminous. It lathers fine unless my hair is full of product, in which case I have to lather up twice. This shampoo is quite expensive, and I do have to use quite a big blob of it, but I really love how my hair looks with it. I have decided to not use conditioner as this tends to weigh my hair down. Instead I use Moroccanoil light afterwards and this has been keeping my hair in great shape. Only down side for me is the price!

Popular Shampoos