Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer

Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer
Be Curly Curl Enhancer

3.7

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Linum Usitatissimum Extract, Althea Officianalis Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Fragrance (Parfum), Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/20/2016 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm super disappointed. I have fine, wavy hair that usually looks good if I let it air dry. I had been using Aveda humectant but was still getting a bit of frizz. I switched to this, and although I don't feel anything heavy in my hair, I get a lot less waves and a lot more frizz. My hair looks awful. I tried several times, but I give up on it.

on 5/19/2016 9:26:00 AM

This product did not work well on my mostly 2C/2B, fine hair. It was okay in encouraging curl – nothing spectacular – but my hair was extremely frizzy with it. I tried it on its own and in combination with other products, and it was always frizzy. I gave it away and went back to my Paul Mitchell Round Trip. Not impressed with any Aveda products so far, to be honest.

To Read all 259 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this product for my naturally 3a/b curls. The only negative is that I HAVE to diffuse my hair when i use this product. If I try to air dry with this in, my curls gets weighted down and greasy. With a diffuser my curls are bouncy, frizz-free, and voluminous. I also really like how this product makes my curls look on day 2.

on 2/22/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For the price, I expected this to be better. It was okay, but didn't do anything really special for me. I used it until I ran out and then switched back to DevaCurl's gel, which is still expensive but works much much better.

on 2/14/2015 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have red mostly wavy hair with a few curls, that can turn into a big wavy frizzy mess when humid. I use this product on the days I just want to towel dry my hair and leave it to dry. I add a small coin sized amount from my ears down to wet hair, none on my scalp, and scrunch in. My waves become curls, then when mostly dry I spray with hairspray to decrease the frizz. This smells great, defines curls and generally makes my hair so much better. if ever I go on holidays or it's going to be humid I reach for this product.

on 10/23/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Did I review the wrong one? Or are there two? Anyway, review for the other/duplicate as follows:

So first, I should tell you what my hair is like and what I am looking for in a product:

I have curly-wavy hair that is layered and sort of long, lots of frizz and different lengths in there. I am pretty minimal with my hair as I hate to blow dry, heat treat, straighten, over wash, anything. So basically, if it feels like a gunky hard crunch product, I will NOT use it.

That said, I got this from a friend who had curly hair and I tried it out. The 'free' factor is a huge element in how I feel about it, so I apologize for that. It feels light, which I like, because other stuff is just too much. This feels natural too, and mine didn't smell bad. At the same time, I do still have frizz and could use more curl definition and separation, but if that means going with a gel, I'd rather go without anything. So because this is light, and I have a lot that was a gift, I will keep using it. Don't know if I'd really 'buy' it or not, but I like it better than any other 'styling product' so far. She gave me two and I kept one when I moved, so I probably wouldn't buy another if I didn't even keep one of the free ones lol. But its not stiff or horrid, not my fave but not bad. It doesn't make it feel bad when I use it, a little more defined, which in a way can be good. I have this horrible tendency to touch and comb though my hair with my hands which is never good for curls so this helps form them a bit better but I'm too ADD to stop touching my hair. Otherwise it would be better haha.

on 10/23/2014 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really love this stuff! I have naturally long curly hair, and i find sometimes the curls can frizz a bit, but not with this. I probably use more than i should, but i find i like the look better when i use a bit more than recommended. I sometimes add a few drops of Confixor liquid gel also by Aveda, to hold the curls better especially in extreme weather conditions, and i LOVE the smell :D I know it's a bit pricey compared to other products, but you know what they say, you get what you pay for, and in this case you definitely do! I've used so many different products over the years, from super cheap to super expensive and for me personally this has been the best out of all of them.

on 6/14/2014 1:12:00 PM

I initially thought I was falling for yet another gimmick, but wow, I was way off in my thinking - this product has great consistency and only very little is needed for application. I like to "cocktail" my styling products, so I mixed in 2 (and ONLY 2) drops of Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid. End result: healthy-looking, bouncy curls that last all day. I only purchased the travel size, but now I know I will go back for the large when I run out. Thanks, Aveda, for such a great styling product!

on 4/18/2014 7:04:00 AM

Broke me out in huge, painful cysts around my ears and hairline. Yes, I'm sure it was this product. Breakouts finally cleared after not using thus for 2 weeks. Sad - i liked this for my curls.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite hair products of all time. Now, I don't have naturally curly hair; however, my hair is long, thick, and wavy. It gets dry very easily and needs TLC, particularly in the winter. This product does the trick. Moisturizes, softens, adds just a touch of shine - my hair feels healthy (and smells great) when I use it. Would definitely re-purchase.

Popular Styling Products