LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask

LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask
Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face MaskCatastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face MaskLush face mask

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

This mask was fun to use as it is cold (it has to be refrigerated) and gave me a smooth matte finish after washing off. The smell is not very strong, and smelled like blueberries. My skin felt really clean and dry after the mask, which is very rare for me as I have oily skin. A major flaw for me, though, is that the mask clogs my pores and it is quite hard to wash off. I found out about the clogging when I realised there were strange streaks when I was washing my face and when I tried to squeeze out my blackheads. The gunk which came out was blue, so I knew it was this because this is the only blue product I use. The clogging is also obvious when my face gets oily. I would not recommend this for anyone with cloggy pores.

on 5/7/2018 12:48:00 AM

I love how bright my skin looks after using it. It calms my red spots down and they become less visible. I love the smell and it is fun to use however it can get messy and falls off my face. I have to be careful with the carpet but it is totally worth it. I will definitely repurchase again after i try all the other lush masks ­čśä

on 1/1/2018 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Smells of parma violets to me. This was a fail for me as my face was redder after washing it off. Plus it dried out quicker than the other ones l've tried. It does mattify skin, so if you're shiny it's good before makeup. I used it twice weekly.

on 12/15/2017 12:00:00 PM

This is, out of the Lush masks I have tried, the best one so far. I was truly so impressed with this one. It has a nice consistency to it and isn't too thick or too runny. It spreads easily over the face and has a nice cooling effect. I always let it sit for atleast 10 minutes so it can dry down. Happy to say that it doesn't give a tingling or a burning effect either. I hate it when masks have your face on fire.

Rinsing it off was easy too. Easier than the other two masks I've tried from Lush which is good. Afterwards, I really can tell redness has faded and any pimple or discoloration has faded to almost nothing. I can't really say that it is hydrating all that much, but I always apply a facial oil so I'm not bothered by that. I have other products that add the moisture. For atleast a good few days, my skin is noticeably more even, less red and overall more glowy. I will absolutely repurchase!

on 12/13/2017 1:49:00 AM

I dont think my face agrees with lush masks. I love their shampoo i love juicy but their masks tend to always break me out. I asked the sa to recommend me something gentle and soothing for breakout prone skin. She first said rosy cheeks then this. Well, it kinda burns my face when i have it on maybe im allergic to something in it. I couldnt wait to wash it off. It did not make my skin less red or more calm...Im very scared to try another mask so....lush just isnt great for my skin. Maybe the fragrance or oils just dont suit me well from them. Ive tried a a couple masks like brazened honey breaks me out even more in huge zits. Mask of magniminty does more harm than good. Sigh oh well i got this for free for recycling the 5 pots. Im thinking of just tossing them now.

on 11/15/2017 9:27:00 PM

i have a stash of masks at home, korean and western clay masks, TBS masks etc. But nothing beats Lush mask. Went to the store and bought home some samples to try and damnnnnnnnn!!! I enjoy and always look forward to using it. Catastrophe Comestic smells so good and earthy. It was like putting blueberry oatmeal onto my skin. And best part is that it is super easy to rinse off after 5-10 mins. Didn't break me out nor cause any tingling sensations, which TBS masks do. I'm sticking to their fresh mask because im hooked, and it's fresh so it kept me motivated to use instead of putting it aside to rot at one corner.

UPDATE 2/3/18
I have stopped using this mask after i suspect that the formulation has changed. It is now very crumbly and incredibly difficult and annoying to remove with water because of the clay residue that sticks firmly to the face. It also leaves a very starchy grainy feeling on my face.

on 5/21/2017 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I collected up my 5 pots and traded them in for this face mask. Originally, I was looking for rosy cheeks or don't look at me but they were out of stock so the saleslady pointed me toward this face mask. It was blue and smelt delicious, so I thought "why not?"

I have combination skin which gets very, very dry across my nose and cheeks due to swimming. I washed my face with lâncome's crême-mousse confort then applied this mask and sat down to watch 10 minutes of America's next top model. When I rinsed it off, my skin felt hydrated and glowing. I know you aren't supposed to, but I couldn't stop touching my face. After my toner (tea tree water from lush) and moisturiser (Model co), my skin felt amazing.

on 5/14/2017 1:00:00 AM

All time favorite mask.. Good for toning down redness and shrinking pimples. It's mild enough to be used every night on problem areas. I have combination skin and this is not drying on the cheeks. Only thing is the expiry date, it's too soon.. So I try to slather on a thick slab everytime I use this if not I end up discarding at least half tub when it reaches the expiry date..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'd never been interested in trying lush's skincare but I figured I should since it's decently priced and I'm on a budget, plus it's more natural. This is my new favorite face mask in the history of skincare! I have sensitive, combo skin that is prone to some acne and redness. This mask feels like absolute heaven on my skin. I love how it feels going on; it's thick, cold, and soothing. It has great ingredients like blueberry and calamine that really calm inflammation. But the winner is how amazing my skin looks when I take the mask off. It GLOWS, people. I am a heavy foundation wearer and this makes me want to go without it, that's how good it looks. My one and only complaint is how the mask crumbles a bit off your face when it dries but it's a small price to pay. I usually take it off when it starts to do that anyway. All in all, I absolutely love this and will continue to repurchase!

on 2/16/2017 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this might be the first Lush product that I actively hate. It was recommended to me by the SA to help combat the redness in my cheeks (I've tried Rosy Cheeks and wanted to try something new). The texture is almost gritty due to the blueberry pulp mixed in and the scent isn't unpleasant. The problem- It's. So. MESSY! It was literally falling off in clumps as I was trying to apply. It wouldn't adhere to my skin at all and by the time I finally got fed up and said "good enough" my sink and vanity were FILTHY. I even found chunks down my shirt. Not worth the price and I'm going to see if I can exhange it for Rosy Cheeks. If I could give negative stars I would- very disappointed.

Pros:
smell isn't terrible

Cons:
slightly gritty texture
VERY messy, will literally fall off your face during application