LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic

LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic
Catastrophe CosmeticCatastrophe CosmeticLush face mask

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 2/16/2017 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I think this might be the first Lush product that I actively hate. It was recommended to me by the SA to help combat the redness in my cheeks (I've tried Rosy Cheeks and wanted to try something new). The texture is almost gritty due to the blueberry pulp mixed in and the scent isn't unpleasant. The problem- It's. So. MESSY! It was literally falling off in clumps as I was trying to apply. It wouldn't adhere to my skin at all and by the time I finally got fed up and said "good enough" my sink and vanity were FILTHY. I even found chunks down my shirt. Not worth the price and I'm going to see if I can exhange it for Rosy Cheeks. If I could give negative stars I would- very disappointed.

Pros:
smell isn't terrible

Cons:
slightly gritty texture
VERY messy, will literally fall off your face during application

on 10/4/2016 11:14:00 AM

I have been using this for a month (took a sample earlier and then finally decided to buy it). I use this product only when I am having those "pimply" days.

Pros:
1) It helped me to slightly lighten my mild acne scars, perhaps because this product contains calamine powder which apparently helps to fade scars

2) It made my skin brighter and helped me to remove my tan

3) It helped me to tighten my pores

4) Keep my zits here and there in control

Cons:
1) It is not suitable for people with dry or flaky skin. I use it only once in a week or two weeks. So, if you use this you have to follow up with a good moisturizer or sleeping mask

2) It is pricy for the amount you get (and the expiration date)

3) Lush's Aqua Marina cleanser (which also contains calamine powder) would give you the same benefits but aqua marina is slightly cheaper, has a longer expiration date and comes in a bigger tub.

on 9/9/2016 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This face mask cools my skin that can at times get very flushed and red and does a tremendous job at calming down my hormonal breakouts. The smell is so lovely and relaxing after a hard day at work, and the fact that it helps with my breakouts and flushes makes it a triple threat! It's by no means a miracle cure in terms of treating hormonal/moderate/cystic acne, but it works really well with existing treatments to give you a completely natural and indulging face mask that moisturises while it soothes. As my skin is quite oily, this mask whisks away oil without drying it out, but I have friends with dry skin try this and not be pleased, so keep that in mind if you have very dry skin! A part from that, it's fab!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This mask works amazing for my skin. I loved it when I had acne and very oily skin, but I also use it on my combination skin with scars right now. It makes my skin feel extremely soft but it doesn't make it more oily at all. I also really like to smell of it.

The only downside of lush masks is the fact that you can't keep them for a long time and they come in a jar instead of a tube. And, this mask has some little chunks of blueberry in them. I think they work fantastic for the skin (with all the antioxidants) but I prefer masks that are 100% smooth. Nevertheless, I've repurchased this a few times and I will defenitely keep doing that!

on 7/11/2016 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product seriously cleared up my skin, and has improved it as well! I don't get much acne on my forehead anymore, and my skin glows these days. Sure, the texture is weird and I don't care much for the smell. But this mask is seriously great for oily, acne-prone types because it just clears up your skin! But after washing this mask off, it left a weird white cast on my skin, probably because it was a little drying. But that just makes it so any product you put on top of it will absorb so much more effectively. If you decide to use a nice serum or layer products on after this mask, your skin will soak up the moisture so well. This mask paired with Grease Lighting is my dream skin combo. Will definitely repurchase it.

Advantages:
+ very nice blueberry smell ( which is unusual for lush, all their masks have...specific smell)
+ has real chunks of blueberries which can't be even more natural and beautiful
+calms down skin in case of redness
Disadvantages:
- because of the real blueberries it HAS to be used before the date due
- makes skin dry, so I have to put two layers of moisturizer afterwards
- oily texture ( you might like it, you might not)
Overall, I don't think this product fits normal type of skin, catastrophe mask makes it feel dehydrated. However, does its job against greasiness

This mask saved my skin when it was going through a rough time. I'd had some bad reactions to a few new products I'd been trying and my skin was red, flakey, broken out in large, sore pimples, and just generally looked like hell. I'd used this mask before a while back but it was during a time when my skin was ok, so I never really noticed much of an effect.

This time was different. I applied it every night for 3 or 4 days in a row, and in addition to an overall gentle routine with a few trusted products, my skin quickly got back on track. The redness calmed significantly, the flakes were gone, the pimples were all healed. My skin even had a bit of a healthy glow again. I have skin that usually takes a long time to "bounce back" from bad reactions, and this sped up the process remarkably.

I enjoy the smell - blueberries and calamine. It's a little strong, but fresh. This mask needs to be kept in the fridge (per product instructions), so it feels nice and cooling when applying it. The texture of this is strange: it's creamy, but very thick and almost a little dry. I find the easiest way to apply this is to scoop it out, mix it with just a little bit of water in my hand to make the texture a bit thinner/moister, and then apply to my face.

This mask does start to crumble/flake as it dries on your face, but it's actually meant to be taken off before it dries completely, anyway. I usually leave it on for about 15 minutes. When I'm ready to remove it, I pat water onto it first to soften, which turns the product kind of creamy and spreadable again. I'll spend a minute or so massaging it around on my face, then rinse and pat dry. When I do it this way, I find I don't need a cloth to remove it.

I'll definitely repurchase this, especially if my skin needs an intervention again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I makes my skin so so soft afterwards, I'm very fond of it and even though I have relatively clean skin I feel like this thing helps

on 2/2/2016 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The amount of times this face mask has saved my skin (and my life, it feels like).. After years and years of trying to find something that worked for my problematic skin I stumbled upon Lush's products. This one is still one of the best skin products I've ever tried.

My skin tends to flare up and break out at stressful times, due to hormones once a month, from certain food and generally when I've used a product that doesn't agree with my skin. This mask calms it right down again. I got a tip from a lush employee to use it every other day for a while, and boy did it have effect! The combination of clay and blueberries is sooo soothing for the skin, and on top of being effective, this mask is also a really pleasant experience to use overall. I sit around smelling like a blueberry muffin and loving it.

If you have oily skin, I think this product could work really well for that too. I only have a slightly oily t-zone, and fighting oil is not my main priority, but it does get to all those oils and mattes you face down.

The one con, and I wouldn't even call it a con if it wasn't for the sake of this review, would be that I don't think it suits my skin as perfectly during the winter months. I say think, because I haven't tried using it during times that my skin have been unusually dry. It's not that it's a particularly drying mask - it's more that I've wanted to lock as much moisture into the skin as possible during the winter months. Once again with the help of the lovely lush employees, I found an equally calming and gentle mask in Oatifix, which I think is a good alternative if your skin also tends to become dry during some parts of the year.

Lastly, I've noticed that it gradually does get a little bit drier and harder to smooth over the skin. I find that if I mix in a little bit of water, it'll go right back to the original consistency. That might give you a few extra days of usage, even if it's very much a "use fresh" kind of product.

on 1/2/2016 8:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the most amazing face mask for my combination skin, I often get redness in my super pale skin and this mask completely fixes it. I'm sure it affects everyone's skin differently but this is so softening, calming and moisturising!

I'm not sure how I feel about face masks in tubs as I feel a little unhygienic but I can deal with that to use this mask.