Beauticontrol Lip Balm

No Image

4.4

A "just okay" lip balm experience. Orange oil scent is a little overpowering, and the tub/pot packaging is slightly off-putting. Smooths on nicely, yet slightly waxy. Not overly silky nor shiny finish following application. My sense is that you get a lot of balm for your buck. However, I won't be re-purchasing, as I'm such a fickle 'balmer' and will have moved on to other balms. In addition, I find myself applying this more often than I might otherwise.

on 9/17/2007 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is one of the best lipbalms I have tried. I am a fan of clinique superbalm which I have been using overnight for many years. Then I tried this in a sample and I am hooked to it. The best thing is that it is not shinny as the Clinique superbalm which is more like a gloss. This product moisturizes really well and it can be used before applying lipstick with excellent results. Why not a 5 rating? Because it comes with a lip peel that I am still not sure if I like.
Edit: I am taking 1 lippy from my first review. After using this product for several weeks the results were not as good as in the beginning; my lips were not as smooth as before. Also, I ended up hating the lip peel; it dried my lips and I see no benefit using the lip peel. I went back to Clinic superbalm.

on 12/14/2004 8:37:00 AM

I have this product in pot form. Most of the time I feel as though it dries out my lips more. It was more expensive than my regular cherry flavored chapstick which IMO does the job better. I also think that it is thick and sticky. I won't be looking to buy this one again.

I really like using this balm and have repurchased it a few times. Leaves my lips feeling hydrated, moisturized, and does not feel greasy, heavy, or sticky. The only con is the jar packaging that can be unhygienic, but I`m cautious and always wash my hands before using this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product alot. I like the fresh orange smell and it goes on easy and keeps my lips moist.

This is some pretty good lip balm. it makes my lips so soft, and when they start to flake or sting, i just put on a coat of this stuff, and it goes away as soon as it has dried completely.

I tried this product at a beauticontrol party and I decided to buy it because the consistency and the texture felt incredible on my lips. Well..I purchased it for home use and when I use it I find that I don't quite get the same feeling because I don't dig a chunk out to put on my lips like they do when they give you sample at the beauticontrol parties! Despite that, this balm does moisturize my lips very good and I like to use it before I go to sleep. The lip balm also has good staying power which I like. I wish it came in a stick form without sunscreen. I dont like sticking my finger in the pot so I simply take the pot and rub it against my lips. Sometimes the scent when I put it on gets a bit overwhelming (smells like orange oil -an ingredient) but dissapates once you put it on your lips. THe price is a bit steep for the amount you get I would say. Overall, it is a decent product and i would probably purchase again once I run out.

on 10/30/2010 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Very moisturizing & not sticky at all. Love it!

I cannot go out without having this product on me! It naturally plums your lips, makes them look soft and fuller. Not greesy at all - has a creamy texture. LOVE! Matches well under any lip product. (I have recently lost mine, and I've been going crazy since.)

on 4/27/2009 3:39:00 AM

My husband even loves this lip balm. He takes it with him when he travels as the recycled air while flying dries him out. I like how it really moisturizes your lips and stays on without feeling greasy and waxy. I even used it on when I was sick with a cold and my poor nose was all red and irritated from blowing it so much. This was a life saver so I didn't look like Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer!

Popular Lip Treatments