Bliss Labs Bilberry + C Seaweed Task Masks

4.2

This is one of the only Bliss products I like. The other night my skin was feeling horribly dry, dull, breaking out, etc. I had half a packet of this from when I used to order stuff from Bliss. Must've been 4 years old but still worked. My skin was vastly improved, glowing, less red, less dull, less BLAH that night and still looked good the next day.

Glad to hear they changed from packets to canister b/c the packets were totally wasteful. And I agree that this one stops breakouts better than the Breakout Busting mask.

I was surprised that I liked this mask. I assumed it wouldn't do much for my skin, but I finally succumbed to the idea of using a mask that rubberizes and peels off. My bf could tell a difference in my (already good) skin after I took this off. My skin was bright, calm and soft. That's a winner for me. You have to be sure to apply it very thick, because if you apply it thin towards the edges it will not peel off.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great mask- skin feels great afterwards.Calms my sensitive skin.Skin feels fresh,clean.Have to get used to the mixing idea of the mask, but once past that- great skin.For 10 masks, the price is really cheap and u can mix it with water or the special mixing thing available at Bliss- but water works just as well my therapist told me. Although I m not a fan of Bliss Labs, this one is truly a great on! Will buy again for the once a week experience!

Once you get the hang of it (one scoop of mask, one scoop of water, add the mask to the water in a bowl, and apply it super thick and it will come off more or less in one piece), this mask is magic! It cools and soothes my very sensitive, breakout prone skin. It feels so good! When I remove it, my skin is soft, even and calm. I use this twice a week, and before any special events. Its a great pick-me-up for after travel and nights without sleep. The newer packaging in the jar is much better than in the individual packets. The amount of mask in each packet made enough for 4-5 masks, and since the mask wont keep, it was just wasted. You can experiment a bit with how much mask is right for you, without wasting it. One scoop is perfect for a thick layer of mask for my face.

OK. So for years and years I have been trying all sorts of different masks, treatments, etc. I'm a bit of a "mad scientist" with my skin and therefore I pay the price. When my skin starts acting up, starting to break out, red, annoyed, etc. I use this mask and it's like my skin forgives me. My acne is actually better after I use this mask than when I use the breakout busting mask. I think the Bilberry+C is my favorite. I will definately but it again and again. I can usually find it on e-bay so I don't pay full price but for what it does for my skin I wouldn't mind if I had to go retail for it. BTW. I don't mind mixing it. I have never had a problem with "portion control" or anything like that.

This would be a wonderful mask for peopel with drier skin, I have oily skin.. It has a WONDERFUL scent, and it's fun to remove - it "rubberizes"!

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

I love this mask! It makes my skin look healthy, vibrant and all glowy. I'm glad that they changed the packaging, it's now in a big plastic jar with a scoop for measuring, so you can make as little or as much as you want. I don't like that the powder spilled everywhere the first time I opened the jar, but it hasn't happened since. I didn't have any problems mixing like others have.

This is a great mask considering how your skin feels after all the messy craziness involved. Bliss was very kind to send this to me *free* after I requested a sample in an order for something else(poetic wax...you must get this before you try anything else..this is a wonder product!). About 2 weeks after I received my order, a bliss box arrived with this mask! I was really suprised and happy to be able to try it! First of all I thought Id be sneaky and mix it in a tupperware container so I could save the unused portion, well today I went to use it again and it is now a solidified, rubbery hunk of odd looking gel. So, for future info, I would only mix this a little at a time, because you can get a lot of masks out of one packet. It did make my skin feel wonderful. The sensation lasted all day really, and I liked the scent too. I am not sure what it actually did for my skin, but it did truly make my skin feel *great*! So, I would suggest asking for a sample next time you place an order, they were also very generous with other samples...great company!

Once you get past the negative aspects of this mask (keep reading), it really is the best mask I've ever bought - it makes my skin feel gorgeous and soft and is really fun to peel off. It's also a pretty lavender colour. However, it is a bit complicated because it comes as a powder and you have to mix it with water (or use a 'task mask mixer' which is supposed to improve your results, but I couldn't afford to buy it, so I opted for water). One thing to be careful about is that you have to make sure you pour the powder into the water and not the other way round or you will end up with a clumpy mess that won't adhere to your face. However, if you mix it properly, you get a smooth heavy paste. You have to apply it to your face very quickly (it solidifies into rubber really quickly once the mixing is done). I would recommend applying it over the sink too because it'll drip off your face while you're putting it on. Then lean back and let it set. This mask is really quite nice and soothing once you have it on. It is very expensive - comes out to a little over $5 per mask (and you have to buy it in a box of ten, so no room for testing just one), however it makes your skin feel as wonderful as if you have just come from a facial (which normally costs about $60), so all things considered, $5 a mask is not that bad.

I see I am the lone dissent on this one, but I will brace up and be a party-pooper anyway. Not just because this mask was a pain in the neck to mix and it peeled off in ugly grey strips rather than in a cool-looking whole like the model in the catalogue. No, the reason I give it thumbs-down is that on my sensitive skin it did the opposite of what it promised: it stung like crazy and made my face red. I realize that some people feel as though a skin product isn't working unless it hurts; but this was supposed to soothe my sensitive skin, not simulate a Spring Break sunburn. What I will say (and why this gets 2 lippies instead of 1) is that I returned the unused masks to Bliss for a full refund, no problems, no questions. So if you still want to try this mask, and your experience is more like mine than the other ladies, rest assured you don't have to eat the 50 or so bucks.