81%
package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

For a person who doesn't love lip gloss, I have been reaching for this frequently, and the more surprising thing is that I prefer these over the Pat McGrath lip glosses as well! I have this in the shade 03 - Brun Rose, which is a very pretty rose pink on me. The lip gloss has enough pigmentation to cover some sun spots on my lips but still remain translucent for a shiny finish. To me personally I love the finish of the gloss, it looks more "jelly" than "vinyl" shiny, a softer kind of shine that adds a lot of youthfulness to my lips. There is a little bit of shimmer but not too much, and the formula is reasonably hydrating on my lips. I also find that it's not as sticky as some other lip glosses like MAC's Lip Glass, which is a nice bonus. I think where people might not like it so much is the amount of product that gets on the wand. I find the lip brush to deposit the right amount on my lips personally but I also have quite full lips. If you have smaller lips the amount of gloss might feel a little heavy. I find it a little heavy myself (I generally prefer a very light layer of matte lipstick) but the comfort of wearing this on top of my dry lips negates the slight discomfort. Overall I really like this a lot and I would repurchase this if I ran out. It's widely available in Boots for a relatively affordable price.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 months ago

I actually really really like the product, it applies very nicely and its moisturising to the lips. It's cushy and the shimmers are absolutely gorgeous, I don't even know how to properly describe it, there's subtle shimmer particles that blend into the gloss but still glow really nicely. If you do like a crazy shimmery gloss then this probably won't be for you. The packaging is also quite nice, it's sturdy and also the applicator is very smart, I'm not sure what it's called but its like the ones in nail polishes but half the size and makes it so easy to glide through the lips, doe foots can pick up too much products on the lips if you want to have a lipstick underneath and also it works very easily through the edges of the lips. All the issues that I have with a doe foot, like NYX's butter glosses are gone with this kind of applicator. I do agree with the criticisms that a lot of product can go to waste though. While I do love this product, and it's not a bad price here in the AU when you get it on sale ($11) I absolutely loathe the smell, and for that reason solely is why I won't be purchasing another one again. It's like the smell you get in cheap kids makeup, like a sweet but plasticy smell and I really really hate it. If you can withstand that then this product is amazing. I don't know if there are any testers but if there is, I know it'll look weird but try to smell the product because also keep in mind that this gloss will stay the way it is the entire time it's on the lips and for me, it on only exacerbates my issues with the product. I'm actually quite tolerant of smells as well, an example I can think of is the L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream, I was honestly shocked to find people really hating the smell of that one and I was actually irrationally angry because it smells completely fine!! There isn't even fragrance in it! It comes from all the other beautiful yummy smelling ingredients in the product. Oh my god, but that's another story to tell. Anyways, it's such a shame because I really like do like the gloss and was thinking of purchasing more colours. Definitely give this a test, smell and swatch before you try it unlike I did.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

this stuff is incredible! it smoothes my lips and feels really smooth and silky, and it doesn't dry out my lips!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

1.0

2 years ago

I used to love these years ago but purchased one again recently and OMG the smell was horrendous. It stank so badly of cheap sweet plastic and didn't fade that after a few trials I simply gave up and threw it out! It was like wearing a really horrible perfume you cannot escape... The gloss itself works nicely, although quite expensive and I don't like the applicator either. Give these a miss.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0
from

4 years ago

I have this in T33 Brun Poetic and I have to say that I am not a fan. First of all, I don't like the application process - the wand (?) is a bit too small and with the product being so annoyingly sticky it gets harsh on the lips. Also - the stickyness! Oh good god! In all honesty it just feels a tiny bit gross wearing this. My hair gets stuck to my lips all the time! And drinkin water from a bottle with this on just feels wrong. It also doesn't last as long as promised - if I want a visible product I have to reapply every 4 hours. The product itself does look good - it's glowy, almost sparkly and the color payoff is decent given that I didn't choose the most visible of tones. What I dislike also is that this makes my lips feeling thight. I don't like the fact that I can actually feel that I'm using a lip gloss. And with this there is a constant "thightening" reminder.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

These are lovely.but there s a lot of product that goesbtonwaste cause you just can t reach it.such a waste.other than that these are good lg

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Bought this in the shade 46, the coverage is good and very glittery. I like how it does not leave a sticky texture on my lips like most drugstore lip glosses but I don't think it lasts very long, definitely not 8 hours as the packaging claims. As I have dry lips I have to make sure I put on some lip balm before applying this product as after a while the corners of my mouth start drying and cracking. Also, sometimes it leaves pink residue on the inside of my lips which is not very appealing!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

6 years ago

I love this gloss! I have the shade "37" which looks exactly like Nars' Orgasm blush. It is not sticky, lasts very long and has a great pigmentation. I like to use it as a blush (im a tad crazy) because it's a pink/coral color with gold reflects and shimmers. I blend it with a dense blush brush on my cheeks, it is blendable and is not sticky on the skin. Powder lightly and it will last the Whole day

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

Great lip gloss! Non sticky , great pigmentation and long lasting! I especially love the shimmer , it's perfect , not glittery but overall shinny.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

6 years ago

I got this in nude as I wanted a natural colour. It is actually paler than my natural lip colour. I have very paleskin and dark brown hair and eyes and found it too pale. It didnt make my lips super shiny like l'oreal lip glosses. Has a bit of shimmer.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure