Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Poop

on 1/4/2013 7:37:00 PM

I have to start by saying that I love the Lip Shimmers in general (Rhubarb is an HG for me), but I never really liked Champagne. I always thought it was way too frosty and just unflattering.

But then! I tried it on the center of my lips over a lipstick, and the result was gorgeous! It highlights the center beautifully and adds a great dimension to a flat looking lipstick. It also adds a kick of moisture over the lipstick that is very welcome, especially now in the winter months.

I've also been enjoying it as a cheek highlighter. Though it is shimmery, sheered out it can be beautiful on the cheeks.

So, all in all, great layered over lipstick (sparingly!) and as a cheek highlight every once in a while. Would repurchase this, but don't see myself using it up anytime soon.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm super pale and have light skin, so I've been on the hunt for a good nude lip product. I HAVE FOUND IT!!! It gives my lips the perfect light pink shine, tastes/smells great and it even made my lips look fuller. The only downside is that it was fairly expensive, I paid 6$ for the tinniest tube of this product.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Well this is a very frosty shade in the tube but not too frosty if you apply it with a light hand. Gives my lips a very pretty pinkish sheen. Lovely.

on 10/21/2008 11:03:00 AM

The lip shimmers are great in general but this particular color sucks big time. I layer it over something else like a lip liner or lipstick to give the base a shimmer. Wearing this alone makes my lips shimmer white. Not attractive on anyone. I bought this on a whim without thinking, i'll use it up but will not repurchase. It does have a nice mint tingling cooling effect though.

on 3/26/2007 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bleh. I am a devoted BB fan, and was really excited about their recent launching of new product lines, most of which I adore. But the revamped Lip Shimmers are for for the birds. Too much! Too much frost on this one. Makes me feel like I should have a big bouffant hairstyle and fake eyelashes and some bad 60's get-up. Blech, Burts Bees, blech, I say.

on 7/15/2006 4:04:00 PM

Bought this because it looked great on my sister but am disappointed because it looks terrible on me! I thought there wouldn't be much difference but my sister is a bit more olive than me, I am very pale and pink, it just ends up looking chalky.
Feels good on the lips though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought some of this about a year and a half ago on vacation. It performs well, it has the same great tingly moisturization as the original lip balm but with a little added color and shimmer. I put it on fairly thin as it is VERY shimmery and looks funny on me if I put on too much. I prefer to apply it with a lip brush.

on 1/7/2006 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

this is just shimmering gorgeousness! i was getting a little pissy that the aveda colored balms went from $8 to $11 (it's aspen, what can i do??), so i thought i'd give this a try. it is so clean feeling. not a mint fan, but it's a nice mint, and it sure plumps the lips a little! tingly! this is a very pretty 'almost color.' it's an opalescent, like the inside of a clam shell? i love it over lipstick' i love it by itself-- it's awesome.

on 7/12/2005 4:24:00 PM

This does what it says it will--its a shimmery lipbalm. Before you use it, though, you're gonna want to exfoliate your lips. Any dry skin or imperfections you have are going to be illuminated by this balm--I didn't think anything was wrong with my lips before I used this. It's pale, super shimmery glitter, and if I put it on too thickly then it kind of seeps into any lines in my lips (lines I didn't know I had!) It also looks better when you blot after application--something I don't really want to mess around with in a lip balm.
It smellys just like Doublemint gum (a good thing) and tingles upon application (also good). I think these retail at $3.50 a tube but you can easily find them on sale for under $3, which makes it repurchaseable for me. Good to use when you don't want to mess with lipstick but want a little something extra--if you put it on lightly you shouldn't need a mirror. continued >>

on 11/11/2004 7:24:00 PM

Champagne is too frosty for me, but I like it over lipstick or under a colored gloss. I probably won't buy this one again just because the color doesn't suit me, but I love the other ones I have.