Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Poop

on 11/14/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip shimmer! I like the fact that it's quite light and glittery. It is quite a natural light pink colour unless you smother your lips in it, and then I guess it can look quite white but you don't need too apply too much because the shea butter and fruit oils make your lips feel coated enough with only a thin coat.
I love the peppermint smell and the tingle it leaves on your lips. Would definitely buy again. I love this colour and Guava!

I love all the burts bees lip balms esp. This lip shimmer in the champagne color. It's a very light pink shade. And because its so shimmery I tend to only use a little and then cover it with gloss. I love that it has peppermint oil in it too. It think they're like four or five dollars, which is fine I guess but I do feel like you don't really get a lot of product. Also I find that it melts...super easily. If I leave it in my pocket by accident this stuff gets messy :( but overall I like it.

on 12/31/2012 4:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very glittery but in order to not let it go to waste I mix it with another lip balm so it's sheer and not in your face with glitter. It also doesn't condition or smooth lips like they claim, as it doesn't really warm up and get smooth when you apply it. I do respect Burt's Bees for stepping out and being 100% natural though. They have some good products but the lip products don't seem to be too great at least for me. I tried this one by them in a glass pot with a strawberry on it and it wasn't moisturizing either. I was just hard like this one that kinda breaks into chunks rather than being creamy or slippery.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this color! I have darker, olive skin so I do find it fairly harsh, but if I apply a thin coat of the normal lip balm and then this shimmer over top, I find it a really cute, subtle look. It doesn't last very well, but if you put it on lightly, you can easily reapply without a mirror and it does last a long time. I use it for daily wear and have repurchased.

on 9/26/2010 7:14:00 PM

i got this as a gift....along with the "watermelon" color (MY FAV. BB LIP SHIMMER!) and i agree that it does stand out a lot on olive/tan skin tones.It's actually not bad as long as you just apply a lil bit.You can concentrate the pale metallic pink mostly on the middle of your bottom lip to make your lips appear fuller.

I think this would complement fair/lighter skin tones best.Overall this product is good for daily use and for the make up fanatics-good to add to your collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

ICK - of all the BB's lip shimmers this is my all time LEAST favorite. It probably just looks bad on my skin tone because I have a tanner, warm skin tone. It's obnoxiously jam-packed with a TON of glitter - so much it's blinding! And the jarring white-pink color is just not flattering at all. I think it's probably better to be layered over another lipstick if you want to lighten it up. The only redeeming factor is like other BB's lip products, it's moisturizing + the color stays on.

on 1/23/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really liked the color and how it adds some shimmer. The balm is also very moisturizing. The only problem I have with this product is that there seems to be an abrasive ingredient in the balm. While not bad enough to cause any visible damage, the sensation of the particles was uncomfortable after awhile. I checked the ingredients listed and I'm guessing it was the mica.

So alas, pretty color and moisturization aside, the mica(?) is too annoying to keep the lip balm on for long. Will not repurchase.

on 11/29/2009 2:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite things to wear on a daily basis! I can't see how people can think it's too shimmery, it isn't at all on me - maybe I just apply less to my lips than they do...

on 4/29/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like most of Burt Bees products. This product is good if you want just a hint of sparkle but still want a neutral look. I read some people don't like the smell, but I found it pleasant.

too pale and frosty for me