Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

Filtered by hair type : Other
Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Poop

I like this color and product a lot. It is very sheer so it doesn't make you look silly with no lips. It is a light shimmery pink color. The texture is nice, is goes on like a chapstick but has more grit to it (the shimmer?). I use this color often as it is simple and not overpowering. The only downside is the color seems to fade quickly and it's sometimes difficult to paint on the lips with the tube. It is also pricey considering the color doesn't last long.

like this a lot including the shimmer,and watermelon

on 12/29/2009 12:40:00 PM

I really like this - its a lovely frosty white shimmery sheer lipgloss - one or two swipes and you barely see anything, if you add a bit more you get a really nice nude frosty lip. I wouldnt recommend layering on much more because it can become a bit white looking on your lips but I love it for everyday! I never thought any lipgloss would replace lipsmackers for me but these are quickly becoming my go-to glosses. Champagne is definitely one of my favourite shades, if not my favourite -I dont really like wearing bright pinks or reds on my lips for everyday and this is natural and subtle with some frosty shimmer which I really like the look of. I think I'd prefer it without the peppermint flavour/scent but it doesnt bother me enough to prevent me from buying it again.

on 11/5/2009 7:05:00 PM

Looks like I'm wearing a disco-ball on my lips.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Well this is a very frosty shade in the tube but not too frosty if you apply it with a light hand. Gives my lips a very pretty pinkish sheen. Lovely.

on 3/10/2009 12:20:00 PM

Really didn't care for this at all - way too frosty and pale for me - had I been an extra in an Austin Powers movie, maybe it would have worked, but even then . . . . . :)

I also find that these shimmers leave a ring around my lips - maybe it's just me, but they really don't do much for me. I expected more since I love BB's balms, face products, and shampoos.

on 10/21/2008 11:03:00 AM

The lip shimmers are great in general but this particular color sucks big time. I layer it over something else like a lip liner or lipstick to give the base a shimmer. Wearing this alone makes my lips shimmer white. Not attractive on anyone. I bought this on a whim without thinking, i'll use it up but will not repurchase. It does have a nice mint tingling cooling effect though.

on 4/9/2008 8:40:00 AM

The formula is right on. My lips felt very hydrated, I only had to reapply a couple of times throughout the day (no mirror required) and I LOVE the mint - so refreshing. After a couple of days of using, I noticed that my natural lip color looked better - probably from the hydration. I also really love the packaging - I'll always choose something I can just stick in my pocket and slick on throughout the day over a pot of gloss, and the small size makes this so easy to carry anywhere.

The color was not flattering at all on my medium olive skin. It completely covered my natural lip color - not even a hint of pink - just a whitish cast. The actual texture was pretty nice - I was afraid of having a mouth full of sparkles, but the amount of shimmer is great for no-makeup days as well as evenings out. I think this color may be nice for a paler complexion.

I can still use this now - I "stain" my lips with a bright, rosy color then layer this on top and it comes out great. When I run out I will save myself a step and get the Watermelon shade - I thnk that may be more flattering with my skin. I still gave this 5 lippies - the color does not go with my skin but the formula is a winner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

My complexion is fair, very pale, so I thought champagne color would suite me best. It is a pretty color, and does give an illusion of slightly fuller lips. The only negative thing about it is the glitter. If the glitter pieces could be finer/smaller or less of it then this would be the perfect lip gloss.

on 7/12/2005 4:24:00 PM

This does what it says it will--its a shimmery lipbalm. Before you use it, though, you're gonna want to exfoliate your lips. Any dry skin or imperfections you have are going to be illuminated by this balm--I didn't think anything was wrong with my lips before I used this. It's pale, super shimmery glitter, and if I put it on too thickly then it kind of seeps into any lines in my lips (lines I didn't know I had!) It also looks better when you blot after application--something I don't really want to mess around with in a lip balm.
It smellys just like Doublemint gum (a good thing) and tingles upon application (also good). I think these retail at $3.50 a tube but you can easily find them on sale for under $3, which makes it repurchaseable for me. Good to use when you don't want to mess with lipstick but want a little something extra--if you put it on lightly you shouldn't need a mirror. continued >>