Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Poop

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this color! I have darker, olive skin so I do find it fairly harsh, but if I apply a thin coat of the normal lip balm and then this shimmer over top, I find it a really cute, subtle look. It doesn't last very well, but if you put it on lightly, you can easily reapply without a mirror and it does last a long time. I use it for daily wear and have repurchased.

I purchased this along with the Burt's Bees Watermelon and Burt's Bees Rhubarb Lip Shimmers. The tint on this product is terrible. It is just as frosty as my Softlips Tinted Lip Conditioners in Pearl and Rose. The shimmer builds up when you apply it. The packaging also doesn't work well. When I dispensed a little too much product, the tip of the product broke. This product also makes your lips appear white and just plain BAD. The only pros about this product is that classic pepperminty tingle that the regular Burt's Bees lip balm has and that it is all natural with a smooth application feeling. This product might work for someone else but it definitely didn't work for me.

on 1/23/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really liked the color and how it adds some shimmer. The balm is also very moisturizing. The only problem I have with this product is that there seems to be an abrasive ingredient in the balm. While not bad enough to cause any visible damage, the sensation of the particles was uncomfortable after awhile. I checked the ingredients listed and I'm guessing it was the mica.

So alas, pretty color and moisturization aside, the mica(?) is too annoying to keep the lip balm on for long. Will not repurchase.

on 11/29/2009 2:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite things to wear on a daily basis! I can't see how people can think it's too shimmery, it isn't at all on me - maybe I just apply less to my lips than they do...

I really love Burt's Bees lip balm. they smell great to me, and make your lips tingle and soothe them. I really like the color of this one, it is a shimmery nude color. Really pretty, but not wearable for everyday because of how much it shimmers, but I love it. It was worth purchasing.

on 3/18/2009 2:13:00 PM

I really like this product. It is not waxy, and it does not contain petrolium or oils with make your lips look oily. It is not too light for me, and I love the peppermint smell. It is very frosty, which is okay occasionaly, but you can easily thin it out with a matte lip gloss or colour.

on 3/3/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for about 6$ CAN. I hate this shade because it looks like a sheer lip balm with lots and LOTS of shimmer. It looks totally unnatural. I really like the watermelon and the rhubarb ones but this one is definately alienesque.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this particular lip shimmer made my lips look superrr frosty;
which i did not like. although,
all of the other burt's bees lip shimmers are great(:

on 9/4/2008 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The product is far too pigmented!

I bought another in Rhubarb, which is more reddish. Both are highly pigmented but the champagne one is too light of a color to be that pigmented. It looks almost pale and sickly with a hint of shine and sparkle. I would have liked this if it were either much more sheer or in a more neutral shade.

Repurchase? No.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I think that I might like this product had I chosen a better shade. It's far too shimmery for me and looks just ways too frosted for my sightly tanned Asian skin. The lip balm is nice and my lips do feel so soft after. The peppermint oil is nice without being too strong. It's odd but I think the Covergirl wetslicks amazemint is better with a nicer color pay-off. That lipgloss has the peppermint scent and makes my lips just as soft. I'm not too sure but I think it's also cheaper? All is all, it's not a bad product but not one I would use everyday.