Nioxin Bionutrients Protectives Cleanser & Scalp Therapy

No Image

3.9

I've been using this system for 4 months and it's been doing a great job. I started using it because I just had a baby and was losing hair. It has stopped falling out at such a fast rate and is starting to grow back again, so I'm very pleased with this product! Watch my full review here:

on 4/9/2007 1:24:00 PM

I started using the Shampoo& conditioner because my hair started thinning. This was one of my favorite shampoo & conditioners until it started to dry my hair out,& also stripped my color.

on 12/17/2006 5:11:00 AM

I did like this product a lot. I noticed it gave me a lot of volume I bought the 16 oz bottle and it lasted me over 1 year. I have medium length hair. I gave it 4 lippies because it is pricey. I still have conditioner left about 3 more months worth. You don't need a lot of conditioner at all if you have oily hair so this stuff should last about 1yr - 2yrs depending on how much of it you use and how often you wash your hair. I wash mine every other day. Hope this helps!

on 7/18/2006 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is a pretty good shampoo, it works well with the conditioner. It doesnt do much for hair growth as the line claims to though. Nioxin has excellent styling products though.

on 2/24/2006 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is actually made for people who have hair-thinning problems, but normal people can use this too. After washing with this, your hair is moisturized and soooooo soft w/ no icky residue or dryness. The scalptreatment conditioner has a mentholy sensation that feels so amazing after you step out of the shower. After going about your normal hairstyling routine, your hair looks and feels so healthy and shiny. The only thing is: the smell takes some getting used to- a mediciney smell. Also the lather is crappy. But for these end results, it's ALL worth it. I'm buying again definitely.

I LOVE this product! I've found my new HG hair system!!!

Here's my experience...I poured a nickel sized amount of cleanser into my palm and immediately noticed a slight tingling. The cleanser is a really pretty translucent blue like the clearest tropical ocean and it has a pleasant minty fragrance. I gently massaged it into my scalp and through the length of my hair. I didn't get a good lather at all - I wasn't impressed at this point! I repeated the application and still did not get a good lather, but I decided to rinse anyway since I didn't want to waste any more product. Step 2...this was amazing! I squirted a chick pea sized amount of the scalp therapy onto my palm and as it hit my skin, there was a little blue spark and a snap of electricity. Could my eyes be deceiving me? Anyway, this "conditioner" is an opaque pale blue (kind of like a robin's egg) and also has a minty fragrance. I massaged it into my scalp and through the length of my hair, let it sit for 3 minutes, and rinsed. I was done - now I just needed to style it! I decided that I wouldn't use any other products on my hair since I wanted to see what the Nioxin was like on it's own. I never do that, by the way, because I normally would end up looking like a fuzz ball. So, I dried my hair on medium heat and just finger combed it to speed the drying process. When I finished, my hair looked so good I couldn't believe my eyes! I seemed to have twice the amount of hair I started out with and it was behaving!!! I lightly ran my straightening iron through it (I have a slight natural wave) and voila, I was done! My hair is shiny (it actually has a sheen to it) and smooth and looks to be in WAY better condition than it has ever been in. I'm a happy girl :)

on 5/9/2005 10:00:00 PM

This stuff worked absolute wonders on my fine thin hair. It gave me tons of volume that stayed with me even after I ran out of it and didn't use it for a few weeks. This is a very good product although a little pricey.

I was talked into purchasing this set as I was looking for something to give my thick yet fine 3a to 3b curly hair more heft..Very expensive, tiny bottles and I have alot of hair.. I used it according to directions for 4 days along with applying the adjuncts the salesperson recommended and I have to honestly say.. My hair had never looked worse.. The frizz was out of control and my hair just hung about my head like spaniel ears.. I have a feeling if this is truly what your hair needs you might get better results but curly girls such as myself need to stay far far away. I am back to my usual routine of nexxus emergencee, alternating between the Emergencee and Epitome reconstructers followed by Humectress and am much happier. Not to mention that when I returned the Nioxin , Nexxus was on sale.. buy one get the second half off.

My Husband uses it and loves it. Says it does what it is supposed to.

on 6/19/2004 3:20:00 PM

I don't know if it was due to stress or hormones, but I recently noticed my hair has been thinning to the point where I have some almost bald patches right around the back of my crown, about 3-4 cm (1"-1.5")in diameter. After hearing all the raves on the hair board for this, and hearing that the average time to see results was about 3 mos., I went out to a local beautician's supply shop and bought these in 1L & 750 mL (33 & 25 Fl oz) amounts. These have fairly standard packaging and peformance, both products have a minty smell and while I do like the clarifying qualities of the 'poo, but the price isn't justified, IMHO. My hair is clean after I use it, but I have "fly-aways" -- and I've *never* had flyaways before! -- perhaps these are what people think are "new hairs"?!? The ST leaves my hair limp and lank, which is probably why they recommend daily use! EDIT: I have been using them as directed for 3 months, and keeping track of hairs in the drain. The hair clumps initially ranged from 3-4cm dia ( 1"-1.5") to 1 cm/.5" *bigger* after the first 2 wksnow back to about 1"dia . So, personally, I have actually seen not a decrease in the number of hairs, but rather an *increase* followed by the same degree of initial loss, and as such, haven't seen anything that rates the raves on both the boards and P'ville. I'll be using these up, but it's unlikely I'll be repurchasing.