3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

10 years ago

The first few times I used it, it worked really nicely. Now, it doesn't seem to last from the time I get out of the bathroom, to the time I get to the car. I will still stand by my opinion though, that I did not notice any sparkle or shimmer, and I did not mind that it was a refillable compact... Sad to say that I think i'm going to return this afterall and try something else. :( Edit: So I did end up returning this product and afterwards, I saw some photos of myself while I was wearing it. My skin looked amazing! I wish it worked for me!

About reviewer (90 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I really like this foundation for my combination skin. It goes on light but gives a polished, un-made-up look that makes your skin look great but like you aren't wearing any makeup. It doesn't make me break out which is something I've had with many other foundations and there is no makeup smell which is another thing I love. The packaging isn't very nice though, but one pot seems to last a long time. I don't use foundation a lot. Great at evening out blotchiness and matching my skin, not real high coverage though. Need to reapply once throughout the day usually to keep looking perfect.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I use 40 watt, more as a powder than a foundation, atop TM and concealer, and like it quite a bit for a nice light daytime look. I find that there is enough shimmer in it that I must use a light hand and avoid adding too many other shiny/shimmery items such as bronzer/highlight etc. for fear of having just too much shimmer. Overall what I love this product for is for days when I don't really want to do a whole big thing w mu, use a little TM, brush some of this on, some blush and mascara and call it a day. Its a nice natural looking light coverage. EDIT: I've noticed that this works alone well, or with a very very lightly tinted moisturizer, but its just too dang sparkly to use daily really. Once I got into the habit of using Stila's illuminating foundation (which I adore!!! light coverage but dewy, glowy) I switched to mostly using a translucent setting powder to avoid looking like I was dipped in tiny sparkles... taking off a star for being too dang sparkly, what is brilliant and subtle abt the illuminating tm and foundation is that soft glow, doesnt really translate to powder form..

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

10 years ago

I thought this compact powder was just "okay". Mine shattered after just a few months of having it and I didn't even use it that often or carry it around with me many places! I thought it went on pretty heavy actually so a large brush was totally necessary for application. This powder overwhelmed my face - too bad because I love Stila.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

10 years ago

I love this product,it took very little work and gave good results:) Took it for a holiday tour and even though I'm a dreadful traveller and look like zombie since I can never sleep in new places, this really saved me. Every morning, all I had to do was apply a layer with the sponge and my skin looked fresh, natural and glowy. The tour guide (bless her very kind but probably lying soul) thought I did skincare ads, hahahaha (now thats a big joke!) The sad part is, I couldn't find my great skin-combo of Stila compact foundation and L'Oreal gel blush and don't know if it was left behind in the hotel or stolen. Grr....my cute compact was brand new as well!

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age

SkinDry

HairBrunette

10 years ago

I've been using this for years and years in 20 watt - can't imagine being without it! I use it as more of a powder than a foundation though, covering up any spots first with concealer, then using a big brush to apply the powder. Very natural looking, not heavy at all.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

I bought this on sales for 15 euros.This is the only reason I bought it,I was in the market for a low price powder foundation and since this had such low price I thought why not.I m not 100% happy with this though.First of all the coverage is extremely sheer for me.I know the difference between a powder and a powder foundation and this is definitely a powder just to set your "real"foundation.If I use a powder brush I get extremely sheer coverage,next to nothing that low,If I use a sponge I get slightly more coverage but once again at least for me it's not enough.So in terms of coverage from 1 to 5 I give this a 2.I have combination skin,at least during the winter I don't have oil control issues but with this one I look shiny after 2-3 hours.And this is quite a surprise for me since I have used mush more emollient and liquid foundations and I almost never look shiny.So in terms of oil controlling from 1 to 5 I give this a 1.As far as shades goes I m nc 25 and I have this in 40 watts and I can tell that I m ok in this field.So again from 1 to 5 I give this a 4 for the shades selection.The finish now.For sure this doesn't give that powdery,dusty finish.The consistency of the product is completely matte you don't get any shimmer particles with this but still manages to give dimension to the skin just like the msfn from mac does.Also this comes with spf 12 and titanium dioxide.Also stilla sells refills for this compact so this is a more economical option.In general this is an ok product,for sure I wouldn't pay full price for this cause I want full coverage and For this reason I m not going to buy it again

About reviewer (462 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

I have bought this powder again and again! I found out about it through Vogue forums on the PPP thread. 10 watts is indeed a perfect match for pale me. I use it as a finishing powder with a kabuki brush on top of my Clinique Superfit liquid foundation. It provides the most beautiful luminous finish - definitely not glittery (I hate glitter in foundations, bronzers and blushers), but not a chalky matte either, like most powders tend to be. It just looks very natural and healthy. I've tried using it as a foundation on its own when I didn't have my liquid with me, but it didn't do much at all - with a kabuki brush the coverage was too sheer, and with the provided sponge it felt uneven. Possibly because I have quite large pores and need more coverage. The only downside is that it's pretty pricey in Australia, especially when you have to buy the case as well. My solution - you can sometimes find it for quarter of the price on Ebay. The pan also fits into a Shiseido powder case, which is much cheaper here, so I hope that helps you girls out there to save some money.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

10 years ago

i am so happy with this product.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

10 years ago

I've been using this for over 3 years now. It's my HG powder foundation. When I thought Stila was going bankrupt I stocked up and I was even looking for a backup (Bare Minerals didn't work for me, too oily) It gives a light to medium coverage depending on the way you put it on. I use it to even out skin tone. I use concealer on places that have discoloration or on breakouts before I apply this foundation. It gives a nice subtle shimmer, making it looks more natural and less flat in color.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinCombination