MAC Lipglass- Love Child

Lipglass- Love Child

4.2

on 7/20/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I found this as an alternative to Viva Glam VI lipglass which was discontinued a while ago. VG VI is still the better product- I wish they would reintroduce that color again. Anyway, that was more of browner plum, Love Child is more of a coppery plum, but still pairs well with VG VI lipstick and well as other lipsticks and nice on its own.

However, I went to buy it today at the MAC counter at my local dept store and it was sold out. Went to another store, same thing. The SA at the last store stated it was being discontinued. When I did an online chat on MAC's website, they stated that it was not being discontinued, but that was always subject to change. It seems to be sold out a lot of locations online which may mean they are phasing it out. If you like it, you might want to get an extra tube. The same thing happened to VG VI lipglass- it was getting hard to find and next thing I knew it was discontinued.

Perfect fall/winter color. It's so annoying that so many lip glosses are overly pink or too purple. This is the perfect browny dusty rose. It makes my lips look natural with just a hint a color. This is your 'all day at the office' or 'roaming through the market on a sunday morning' tint of color.

on 2/16/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Lovechild is a pretty purpley colour on my pigmented lips. Looks great with Satellite Dreams/Sketch combo!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

GREAT COLOR ON ME. I DONT LIKE HOW IT DOESNT LAST LONG ON MY LIPS. OTHER THAN THAT, THIS IS A GOOD L/G.

on 11/6/2009 9:30:00 AM

I'm NC42 LOLA and I must say I gravated towards colors like Date night Dazzeglass, and VGV. When I saw this color at the CCO I was attracted to it right away. It is a Plum color with gold/peachy sparkles. ( not gritty). It goes on so smooth and smells devine, like vanilla (just as most MAC lippie products do) I usually where it alone, but lately I have been putting on my Rimmel Airy Fairy lipstick first then my Lovechild lipglass on top, and I love the combo on my skin tone.

on 5/31/2014 7:05:00 PM

My makeup artist recommended this color for my wedding day lip color since I had mostly pink shades and light purple colors in my wedding. This lipgloss is a plum color with slight copper shimmers. It's very pigmented and bit darker than my natural lip color. But it still looked nice on my NC30 skin. The lipgloss is moisturizing and pretty long lasting. It didn't feel too sticky for me either.

on 1/1/2009 12:43:00 PM

Bought this one on MUA recommendations. very pretty when it first goes on but becomes paler and comes off fairly quickly. Overall I find MAC lip gloss consistency just OK, does not make me want to run out and reapply.
Happy with the plum shade but NOT HG

on 4/19/2008 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A MAC SA recommended this shade to me and I was initially quite skeptical; in the tube it's very purple and kind of scary looking. I didn't think it would work on someone with my pale coloring, but she put it on and I was in love. On me, a light coat of this shows up as a berry color with pink and purple tones - very wearable for daytime. A darker coat will give you more of an evening look - one that I don't really feel works for me. Its subsequent lack of versatility loses it a lippie from me. MAC glosses are quite sticky; I personally don't mind this, but use your judgment accordingly!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The color of love child was just "eh" for me. I've only used it a few times. It was a bit too dark for me. Since I'm only seventeen it made me look older but not in a good way. I did like the staying power of this lip gloss as well as most of the MAC lip glosses but I like other colors from MAC. Love Child just wasn't for me.

on 11/30/2008 7:56:00 PM

Finally, a plum I can wear! This is my favorite lipgloss for the fall and wintertime. I received this as a Christmas gift last year and still have yet to run out. I would describe the shade as a warm plum. In my opinion, it is perfect on any skin tone. It is a very versatile color, great for daytime or layered over a similar shade of lipstick for a nighttime look.