Max Factor (Translucent) Loose Powder

2.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

So this was a blind buy. I bought 2 at once thinking it's value for money for the amount of product. I have to be honest, it is fairly disappointing. It is not easy to blend. I use a brush and the product tends to stack if I don't carefully tap it until it leaves a trace and upon application, I need to use the lightest touch because if I somewhat use a bit of pressure, it just looks like I used a finger and tried to wipe off my foundation plus powder and that has happened mostly around my nose area. So I have used the same brush and same foundation with other powders, incl. M.A.C and Nyx and it's been fine so I have to lean towards the product not being good enough. Also, I notice it does nothing for oily skin. Even with a product in the same price range like Nyx translucent HD powder, I do not have to blot as much. On the other hand, it is a truly hot summer so that might also impact. I will not repurchase and I am not sure I will use the other one I have. I might just give it away.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this powder. Not only is it mattifying, it keeps my skin appear poreless. Whatever foundation I use, once I gently pressed this powder onto the skin, it locks the foundation in place and it won't budge.
I find that it works well with Max Factor's own Face Finity All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation or EST√ČE LAUDER
Double Wear Stay-In-Place foundation, my oil complexion is mattified and flawless. If it does get oily after 5 hours after the makeup is done, I gently blot the face with a clean powder puff, and then press a thin layer of the Max Factor loose powder. All fresh and matte. Highly recommended.

Worst powder I've ever used by far. I previously used the compact Max Factor and found it good but made the switch for loose powder. I tried a Seventeen one which was brilliant but decided the more expensive ones would be even better, not that this is too expensive. Anyway, translucent powders are meant to be see through and I am very fair. This powder is orange and patchy. No use at all for anyone who is pale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is pretty good for a drugstore powder. It keeps my makeup set, shine free, and good to go for hours. I mean, there's nothing special or the best about it but it's a little more than average. It's pretty good. You should try it.

It does what it's supposed to do. It helps keep my face oil and shine free all day long. However one big big con for me is that this product is VERY MESSY. Everytime I use it the powder goes all over the place when I open the lid. Too much powder seeps through the net cover it provides. However for a drugstore powder thi definitely does the job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all, it is NOT translucent at all! I've got fair, porcelain-like skin and on my skin it leaves brown patches here and there, screaming from kilometers that I've got make up on - something I really hate. It doesn't blend with my skin tone at all, although I use a really small amount of it.
Pros, that it really gives you a matte finish and fights shine really well throughout the day. But for that price tag (for a drugstore brand) such an awful result... No, no, NO! (Or maybe for far darker, yellow-undertoned skin.)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

doesn't worth the money, the final look is unnatural when I put over my MUFE HD foundation, it's too much for me, my foundation look better without it, but honestly I will not pass it any where, I find that I can use it alone over a primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

...maybe its not a miracle...but I think it does its job ;) Ive tried a lot of worse loose powders, and I cant remember if Ive tried something better than this, maybe not ;) and it doesnt break out me at all... sooo when you want to fix yout make up well and control your skin shine to 4-6 hour - try it ;)

Love this loose powder!
Just bought it the other day and use it today.After my P&J primer,i don't wanna give my skin such a heavy burden by using make-ups.So for oil control reason I just put some loose powder on my face,it is a translucent color perfect for my medium skin (my skin is a bit soft peach color,red rather than yellow).And the whole day I didn't use any plotting paper or put on any more powder,it controls the oil on my t zone so perfectly for the whole day and I have a matt face I like so much!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

Unlike the others I don't find this product heavy at all. I only apply a thin layer however as I use it to set my foundation. I have a very oily t zone, and this controls the shine on my face amazingly. I wear a lot of fake tan and so have dark skin pretty much all the time, this means that I also have no problems with the colour.