L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Sorbet in Jubilee

No Image

4.2

on 7/5/2008 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Got this free from a promotion, and pleasantly surprised by the lovely texture and effect, given it's a drugstore brand. It has an oily texture rather than sticky, not gooey at all, feels nice on the lips, semi-sheer colour, quite a bright shade so probably suits night time better, brightens my olive/slightly sallow complexion. Actually one of the best lip gloss I have had cos I dont like sticky glosses. Not the most glamourous packaging so probably not one to pull out and apply for showing off at the dinner table, oh well...

I definately love the color. I'm all about loud-colored makeup, I don't see point in wearing it if it just blends in. But this is not something you can throw on in the car, because any fall inside or outside of your lips is seen from miles away. The texture is a little gritty, which I don't like because the grit-glitter gets in the holes of my lip rings (which is a bitch to clean off), and I don't see any plumping action. But it smells nice and the color is fantabulous.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

nice color,but dosen't go with my skin tone,lasts for 2 hrs.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love to paint my lips red--and this definitely shows them off. Jubilee is a blue-based red with sparkles. It really does go on as red as it looks in the tube, so if you're shy about loud lip color, this isn't for you. Compared with the other Glam Shine shades I have, this one dries my lips out big time. I love the Glam Shine line and red, so I'll def. repurchase this one.

Whew, this is BRIGHT. I mean, if you want people aware that you have lips, they'll be aware from blocks away. This is one HECK of a red. Packed with the usual silver Glam Shine shimmer, it applies a No fuschia tones, and I sure can find them if they're there. This color is a notch lighter and brighter than a true blue based red. Frankly, I fear gloss of any sort with this sort of color intensity- it's just begging to bleed or wind up on my teeth- and the slightest hint of sloppy application will show. Anyway, it's an attention-getter all right.