OPI Cajun Shrimp

OPI Cajun Shrimp
Cajun ShrimpCajun ShrimpCajun Shrimp

4.6

on 1/9/2016 1:43:00 PM

Underwhelming. This bright orange-y red didn't look all that special once I put it on. In fact it looks exactly like a million other nail polishes out there, and I really don't think I'd buy this one again.

Great OPI formula though. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But I'm not crazy about the shade itself so it's an overall "meh" for me.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't like pink nail polishes nor do I think they suit my skin tone (olive) but I have to say I love Cajun Shrimp! It was worn week in, week out last summer. I was obsessed and couldn't stop looking at my nails!
It was in my "Trend on Ten" box otherwise I would never have bought it as a single colour.

on 2/23/2014 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Perfect coral color. So shiny and the great quality you expect from OPI. I have a mini bottle so the brush erks me. I like this color enough that I plan to get a full sized bottle.

on 12/16/2013 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been wearing Cajun Shrimp on and off for years. I have so many polishes but always end up going back to this shade! I find that I can't go wrong with Cajun Shrimp, whether it's the dead of winter or in the middle of summer when I have a deep tan. I get so many compliments on this whenever I wear it. The formula is superb and in just two coats, I have perfect deep coral nails. I can imagine anyone would look great wearing this color!

This orange-based coral red looks perfect with my fair-medium yellow undertones. Fab for summer - with a tan it's to-die-for. Usual OPI staying power: I can depend on this for a week at least.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

Just treated myself to this today, as i have all of a sudden been craving a red polish, but not a pillar box red. This is right up my street. Its a gorgeous red with a hint of orange that takes it away from being too red. It applies like an absolute dream, no streaks, just two coats for full opacity. I loove it. This along with me La Pazzzzz-itively Hot are my ultimate faves right now!!!

Ok, little update, just over 24 hours later! There was the odd tiny chip on a few fingers before bed last night but they have held up remarkably well since! Tip wear, of course! Ive not used a base or top coat so only to be expected but it is minimal. I usually use seche vite and sometimes my nails don't even last this long wih that stuff on!

Awesome polish this is!!

on 5/23/2012 6:26:00 PM

Just got my nail shellacked with OPI Cajun Shrimp (toes painted with regular paint to match). So cute and summery! Not quite red, not quite pink, not quite orange...doesn't exactly match anything I own, but clashes with nearly everything in a good way. I feel cute with these tips and toes! (And, dude, I am otherwise years beyond cute.)

on 3/15/2012 7:45:00 AM

This my favorite spring/summer color!!! Beautiful coral color.

on 7/11/2011 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

There is a reason Cajun shrimp has been moved to OPI classics. It's a shade that is perfect for spring, summer, and fall. It is a creamy, opaque coral/orange/tangerine crem finish polish that is perfect bottle color in only two coats, as expected from OPI polish. over seche vite base coat and topped with seche vite quick dry top coat, it wears like iron for days. I rarely have to touch this polish up, I only change it when it grows off or I get tired of the same color after a few days. a++ rating on this one!!!

on 7/2/2011 4:17:00 AM

Cajun Shrimp is a very bright orange on me, not coral, I am not crazy about orange toes, unless you have a really dark tan. This polish reminds of the neon bathing suits in the early 90's. I have only worn this a couple of times. Since I do not sun tan anymore, it looks horrible on my pasty white feet. Now, since I am so white, I tend to wear darker colors...

Popular Polishes