OPI Cajun Shrimp

OPI Cajun Shrimp
Cajun ShrimpCajun ShrimpCajun Shrimp

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am having a bit of a bright coral phase, so when I was looking to buy more nail polish Cajun Shrimp jumped out at me and I just had to have it! Cajun Shrimp is one of those classic, old-school OPIs that everyone seems to own so I was excited to try it out - and I wasn't disappointed! The colour is a very pretty orange-red coral. It is quite bright but not too neon, or in your face. It is a flattering shade on my skin and I do believe it would suit all skin tones. It has a creme formula, and applies smoothly and easily. Two coats is all you need. It did not run or apply streakily or patchily. It dried quickly and to a shiny finish. It is a great shade of summer coral to add to your collection. It's such a classic, flattering colour and has a reliable formula - I can see why it is an OPI favourite.

on 2/25/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I Really love this nail polish!! Isnt too red or too dark, its just perfect! my skin is medium and It looks really cool!

on 2/5/2015 12:45:00 PM

I love this nail polish, this looks more like an apple red on my hands. It's red with pink/coral tones, looks very different from how orange it looks in the bottle. I'm asian, NC20. I always get this in shellac and own a bottle of the nail polish for touch ups.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It is creamy, spreads easily and opaque in 2coats. I find the color to be almost a neon coral and that aspect of it displeases me. I like it better on my toes than finger-nails but it I received so many compliments on it when I wore with a coral outfit, Its nice but for me not a repurchase as it is much brighter on my nails than the bottle. Nice for toenails in the summer with some of my shoes and sandals but not versatile enough in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just don't like it very much on my skin tone. But gret formula and brush and opacity. I think I would go for a lighter coral though because of my color.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ooh, so pretty! A wonderful modern, young version of the classic red nail. Two coats is enough, and it lasts quite well without chipping, even without base or top.

I usually don't like the look of red nails, it seems to age my hands and make my fingers look stumpy and triangular. But this one looks really awesome, and I can't stop looking at my hands and smiling :)

This is definitely a pretty coral, but an orangy-red coral if you ask me. I want to love it, but I don't. To be fair I have blonde hair and fair skin so I think a more orange-pink coral would work better on me.

I would describe this color as a true coral- not too orange, not too pink, not too red, but instead a perfect coral mix. I have a very light olive skin complexion and this color looks awesome on me. It brings out the warm tones in my skin and it's very flattering. It's the middle of winter right now but I have it on my fingers and toes because it's such a happy color.

I only use one coat of cajun shrimp and I get perfect coverage. I like to put on 3 layers of quickdry topcoats to protect my OPI polished from chipping (and of course a basecoat) and it works well for me. I can wash dishes, type, peel up stickers with my thumbnail...my polish stays chip-free.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So gorgeous! This is the perfect bright coral-red. One of my favorite (and most used) OPI shades!

on 8/26/2011 11:52:00 AM

Cajun Shrimp is a brilliant color. That is, if you can get it to stay on your nails for more than 24 hours. Even with a full manicure, base, top, & adequate drying time, I had chips the next morning before I even got dressed. ANd this goes for all OPI polishes, which is a big turn-off factor for me: the fat, clumsy, polish-clumping brush. Not everyone has a 90 inch wide nail bed! For pedicures, I don't even bother with the stupid OPI brush, I just use an art supply store thin paint brush to do the job properly and neatly. Why OPI is a salon favorite beats the hell out of me. Sure, the colors are great, but the brush is bad and the polish just doesn't stand up to daily life in itself. To me, that's not worth $8 a bottle. Realistically, any nail polish at some time is bound to chip. That's a fact of life. But to me, OPI isn't worth the price for the lousy application brush and going through all the trouble of a full manicure only to have it chip before you even get dressed the next day. There are better polishes out there, Essie, for one. And even good old Sally Hansen Diamond Hard.

Popular Polishes