OPI Cajun Shrimp

OPI Cajun Shrimp
Cajun ShrimpCajun ShrimpCajun Shrimp

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am having a bit of a bright coral phase, so when I was looking to buy more nail polish Cajun Shrimp jumped out at me and I just had to have it! Cajun Shrimp is one of those classic, old-school OPIs that everyone seems to own so I was excited to try it out - and I wasn't disappointed! The colour is a very pretty orange-red coral. It is quite bright but not too neon, or in your face. It is a flattering shade on my skin and I do believe it would suit all skin tones. It has a creme formula, and applies smoothly and easily. Two coats is all you need. It did not run or apply streakily or patchily. It dried quickly and to a shiny finish. It is a great shade of summer coral to add to your collection. It's such a classic, flattering colour and has a reliable formula - I can see why it is an OPI favourite.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have a love/hate with OPI, but I love this! The brush and color range on most OPI is great, but the formula is usually hit or miss for me. This color applied like a dream and two coats dried to the point of no denting or bed-sheet marks after an hour. I have medium/dark skin and this has the perfect "is it red, is it orange?" effect on my hands. I haven't tested it out, but I think the color would look great on all skin tones.

on 2/15/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There really aren't words for how wonderful this color is: a bright, tropical red bordering on orange. It's my go-to spring and summer color.

The application is great. The brush spreads evenly, and the formula is pigmented and smooth. Two coats for full opacity.

on 4/25/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am in LOVE with this polish. It's such a fun and bright color! I get a lot of compliments from men when I wear this polish and a lot of women as well who often say that they wish they were able to choose bolder polishes like that! It's overall a fantastic product!

on 2/17/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This should be a staple in every girls collection. It is the perfect shade of red-orange (leaning more on the red side) to pair with a coral lip. Application is smooth and chipping is minimal for the first four or five days with a good top coat. Will repurchase again and again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So gorgeous! This is the perfect bright coral-red. One of my favorite (and most used) OPI shades!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

As a native to louisiana the name of this color just drew me in alone. I first heard of this color under a photo of britney spears at the nail salon, i looked up the color and fell in love. Its such a lovely pinkish-orangey shade thats perfect for summer time and it makes your toes just so cute!

on 7/16/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so obsessed with this color!!! So creamy and bright!! I cant get enough of this. In the bottle it looks reddish orange but on my toes its an orange/coral color. Its really an awesome summer color.

on 6/9/2011 1:19:00 PM

This polish is turning me into a raving lunatic. I can't stop pointing at things! For me, that's the sign that I've found a new top shade.

The orangey, reddish coral of this polish is to-die-for gorgeous and sickeningly flattering to all skin tones. I'm pale as can be, and it makes me pop. My friends with darker complexions are equally thrilled with how it brightens their tones. I've never seen this color before, which is a comment most polishes strive for, but few receive. It's like an almost-neon strawberry cream.

I'm surprised by comparisons claiming Cajun Shrimp is somewhat of a dupe for Essie's Cute As A Button; not only is Cajun Shrimp much deeper and brighter, but it blows Cute As A Button (a color I like quite a bit) out of the water.

As expected with OPI, the formula is impeccable: thick without being goopy, long-wearing without requiring an hour of remaining completely motionless and highly-pigmented. One layer really was completely sufficient to achieve an opaque splash of color.

I highly recommend Cajun Shrimp for Spring and Summer. In fact, it's my new favorite color!

on 4/1/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Another one of my favorites in the Coral family. I love it because it's bright!

Popular Polishes