Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Neutrogena Oil Free eye  makeup remover
Oil Free eye  makeup removerOil Free eye  makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

Not a fan of this product. It definitely removed the eye makeup, but I felt as if it irritated my eyes and I hated the feeling of it afterwards. It felt like a layer of grease was on my skin. It did not feel comfortable and I always had to wipe it off with a wet washcloth afterwards.

So it does remove the makeup, but the effects after are just not worth it.

Bought this a while ago, never really used it as I don't usually wear waterproof eye makeup.
It was only last Saturday that I put on my waterproof mascara for a wedding and when it came to wash it off, it was a nightmare!!
I then remembered I have this laying in my drawer! I shook it up, I used it and it was love after that.
I will always purchase this from this point on, it does not smell, it does not irritate.

To Read all 1314 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/4/2016 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been an on-and-off user of Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover for at least 8 years. It is a dual-phase liquid, so it requires shaking and quick dispensing before it starts to re-separate. It has a slippery-feeling when applied, but does not contain any oil. I love that it is fragrance-free and immediately removes long-wearing or water-proof eye makeup with the lightest touch. It is also readily available in almost any drug store at a very reasonable price. However, this last bottle I bought (and just finished) seemed to be slightly more irritating than I remember. I tried switching to a super-soft cotton pad, thinking my eye area might be sensitive to even a very small amount of rubbing. Although the cotton pad selection did make a difference in being less irritating, I discovered when trying a sample of Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips that the Clinique product seemed more gentle, all else being equal. Given this recent experience, I'm not sure I will buy the Neutrogena product again, but I would definitely recommend it.

on 10/6/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This leaves my skin dry, irritated and flaky, but is oily at the same time. I suspect my skin is reacting badly to the alcohol in this product, since it's in the first 5 ingredients and my skin hates it. Everyone's skin is different, clearly some people love this, but if you find that alcohol and your skin don't mix, I would stay away.

on 10/5/2016 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Loved, loved, LOVED, this product. I generally wear pretty light makeup, but I do wear waterproof black eyeliner and mascara. When I last had this, I would just use my fingers and wipe it around, and it would cut right through whatever eye disaster I had on at the time (ah, high school). I would then rinse my face with water to get everything off. I'll be buying this when I finish my current Nivea eye makeup remover.

From this product I got no stinging or burning, easy makeup removal, and no irritation. Little scrubbing needed to get everything off and rinse clean. I did find that it would fog up my vision a little bit, but that was easily remedied with a few eye drops or rinsing with water.

on 9/24/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Much better than the Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up Remover that I have been using for 20 years. Two added bonuses: SUPER price and less irritating to my eyes. I'm so glad that I ran out of make-up remover and had make a late night run to CVS!

on 9/20/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the best product to remove eye make-up! I wear eye shadow primer, eye shadow, liner, and mascara. I find this works the best to quickly and remove everything. When I put a dab on a cotton round, I find that one dab per eye works well. No need to use more.
After I finish with this product I rinse it off with warm water and a wash cloth and then I wash my face.
I have been using this eye make-up remover for years. I had replaced my old expensive Clinique one with this and it works just as well (if not better) for a lot less money!
I briefly tried the Garnier Micellar Water with the pink cap recently since I had a coupon and heard good things. After a week I went back to this product! This is a must have product for me. When I get low I will stock up and buy them two at a time at my local discount retailer!

on 9/20/2016 9:45:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin and most of the eye makeup removers used to dry out my skin or cause allergic reactions which was why I wasn't wearing much eye makeup until I started using this product. Doesn't irritate or burn eyes and the eye area. I think it's perfect. I'm sure there are other great eye makeup removers but for me, the price-performance ratio is very high plus you can find it anywhere even in supermarkets so that's pretty convenient too.

It recently went a packaging and name (they added "Deep Clean") change in my country and while I prefer the old packaging the formula doesn't seem to have changed (though I haven't crosschecked the ingredients list).

Highly recommended.

on 8/2/2016 2:00:00 PM

Decent, but not as good as Clinique's Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover. This Neutrogena remover is nice, and I like the fact that it doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

But it leaves a lot of greasy residue behind and it doesn't remove my mascara as thoroughly as the Clinique does.

But overall, I have to say that I wouldn't buy this again. It just doesn't do an adequate job of removing eye makeup. Plus there are tons of other similar products out there to try.

Not so horrible that I won't finish up my bottle, but not worth buying again IMO.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The first couple of times I used this, it was quite greasy and bothered my eyes. Then I noticed that I was supposed to shake the bottle before using! Well, I did that, but it still felt a bit greasy, which is odd since it's "oil free". It did just an okay job of removing my eye makeup. I washed my face after using this, and there was a lot of eye makeup under my eyes so had to use the remover again. I guess my biggest gripe is that my eyes stung a bit, even after I shook the bottle, and they also felt "greasy".